PDA

View Full Version : would this be a cool idea?

Orion33
05-15-2004, 07:56 PM
get a blue flame 32 degrees drop forward with the little white flames on it...and get that design painted on my minimag (i can for free)?

Target Practice
05-15-2004, 08:15 PM
I s'pose you could...why you would want to is beyond me. But, if you want to see what it looks like, "paint" some on there with White-Out. That way, if you don't like it, you can just use your fingernail to scrape it off.

Orion33
05-15-2004, 09:40 PM
well someone else would be painting it...(my sister)

but the grey and black is very dull and boring

slade
05-16-2004, 03:54 PM
just make a cardboard cutout and spraypaint it on... thats what i did to put my symbol on my barrel bag

Target Practice
05-16-2004, 04:00 PM
just make a cardboard cutout and spraypaint it on... thats what i did to put my symbol on my barrel bag

Nooo...that's retarded. Why would you spray paint a 'Mag body just to see what it looks like? At least with white-out, when you realize how stupid it looks, you can scratch it off.

Cryer
05-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Get someone to powder-coat it. If you really want it to look half decent, pay for cosmetic alerations.
Powder-coat is pretty cheap, too. Check through the dealers forum for different prices/dealers.

slade
05-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Nooo...that's retarded. Why would you spray paint a 'Mag body just to see what it looks like? At least with white-out, when you realize how stupid it looks, you can scratch it off.

i wasnt talking about for testing how the design looks, i was talking about for the final... making a cardboard cutout is better than painting it on freehand. of course, the best thing to do would be to anno it, but that would cost about the same as getting a ule body.

slade
05-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Get someone to powder-coat it. If you really want it to look half decent, pay for cosmetic alerations.
Powder-coat is pretty cheap, too. Check through the dealers forum for different prices/dealers.

wow... missed that. yeah, a powder coat would probably be the best decision.

mobius
05-16-2004, 06:59 PM
i wasnt talking about for testing how the design looks, i was talking about for the final... making a cardboard cutout is better than painting it on freehand. of course, the best thing to do would be to anno it, but that would cost about the same as getting a ule body.

You can't anodize steel. It would have to be painted or powder coated. And anodizing aluminum would cost nowhere near the price of a ULE body. Alot of shops have a minimum charge around $40-$50.

tyrion2323
05-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Talk to Ken at www.kpcustoms.net

He does powdercoating...great prices.

I'd recommend the translucent colors, as they actually look like anodizing. Plus you can get extra colors for $5 per color. You could have a Blue-white powder coat for $55.

Pretty awesome.

slade
05-16-2004, 08:07 PM
You can't anodize steel. It would have to be painted or powder coated. And anodizing aluminum would cost nowhere near the price of a ULE body. Alot of shops have a minimum charge around $40-$50.

ahh yeah, forgot that it was steel... never owned one. i though anodizing costs $100+... oh well, close enough... ive heard people say before that single-color anodizing costs $400... lol...