PDA

View Full Version : Making a Taloncocker!!! (maybe Tigercocker)

Blackice7
05-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey I am very interested in making a Taloncocker, or a Tigercocker. This is just a project and to see if I can actually do it. However, I do not really now where to start. Does anyone have a complete list of parts and some detailed instructions. Any help or donations (ex. old cocker LPR's or microline and fitting) would be GREATLY appreciated. Thx for your help!

Orion33
05-15-2004, 09:47 PM
i kno a guy with a blade that has a cyclone feed and flatline

68magOwner
05-15-2004, 10:05 PM
my blade was warped with a 20oz :eek: :D

Muzikman
05-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Basically you need the front end of a cocker. 4way switch, LPR and Ram. you then need to figure out how you are going to mount them and make them all work. The Semi auto Tigershark would probably be eaiser as the compnents in the gun are a little higher quality (aka, less plastic).

Blackice7
05-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Do you have any ideas of how to make the 3 way return? Ive heard people mod them with a spring anyone know of this?

bleachit
05-15-2004, 10:30 PM
i kno a guy with a blade that has a cyclone feed and flatline

how can you post that without a picture???!!! :eek: For shame.. for shame

Muzikman
05-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Spring would work, or attached it to the trigger so that the trigger spring it's self makes it return.

(Sorry, typos)

Blackice7
05-15-2004, 10:42 PM
attaching it to the trigger might be tricky. Any ideas on how to do that?

Blackice7
05-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Oh and what do you mean by print?

JonDaAzn
05-15-2004, 10:59 PM
an easier mod would be a pneumatic assist talon, but if you attach the 3 way to the trigger it should move back by itself, btw, i have a set of cocker pneu's for same ;) [email protected]

kauai_paintball
05-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Damn 10 letter thingy.

Blackice7
05-15-2004, 11:03 PM
what do you mean by puen assist talon?

Muzikman
05-15-2004, 11:28 PM
That means like a Sniper SHO...It's still a pump, but the pump arm moves the 4way which operates the ram which moves the bolt. It makes for a VERY light and VERY short pump stroke.

Blackice7
05-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Anyone have an old 3-way or LPR that they can donate? It would be grealty appreciated!

Blackice7
05-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Ok I have a good idea of what I'm going to do. But would you guys recommend a closed or open bolt set-up? Both can be used, but I want your opinions. HAHA imagine being bunkered by this beast :D .

tony3
05-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Talons need a much higher cocking pressure compared to a cocker, you will need a make beefier ram then a stock cocker one, and you will need an adjustable lpr. Some guy did it already. I've been looking for the link for like 30 minutes and can't find it.

Blackice7
05-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah I need a Clippard 5/8" Ram with a 1 Inch stroke Part number UDR-10-1 I think :D . But does anyone have any comments about the open/closed issue?

Muzikman
05-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Open or closed, doesn't make much difference. Closed would be easier as that is how the gun is intended to be used.

dwab3000
05-16-2004, 09:40 PM
id say open bolt...then send it away to shartley and get the barrel threaded..

or do what i did...i took an a-5 to soyder adapter, sawed off the barrel and placed that on with som modding...

it now has a boomy on it, a cool crossfire 68/45 and it has been made in to a regular semi (dont ask me how, my brother idd it while i was away...)

oh yeah, it also now has a 45 frame double finger w/ dye stickies

its freakin hilarious to see me at the feild with it...

ive won at speedball with it

whats even funnier is that the barrel costs more than the marker, so did the air, so did the reg on it (my bro again) the stickies, the frame, the adapter...

jeez...it really funier to see the look on ppls faces when they see me on the feild w/ it, they laugh...then i cover them w/ paint and they go off and get laft at for getting bunkered by a talon while using an impulse

Blackice7
05-16-2004, 09:44 PM
HEH thats exactly my purpose for wanting to make this. Not only will it be a fun marker to use and make, but I cant wait for kids to laugh at me then get bunkered by a plastic tigershark... ;)

tony3
05-16-2004, 09:57 PM
id say open bolt...then send it away to shartley and get the barrel threaded..

or do what i did...i took an a-5 to soyder adapter, sawed off the barrel and placed that on with som modding...

it now has a boomy on it, a cool crossfire 68/45 and it has been made in to a regular semi (dont ask me how, my brother idd it while i was away...)

oh yeah, it also now has a 45 frame double finger w/ dye stickies

its freakin hilarious to see me at the feild with it...

ive won at speedball with it

whats even funnier is that the barrel costs more than the marker, so did the air, so did the reg on it (my bro again) the stickies, the frame, the adapter...

jeez...it really funier to see the look on ppls faces when they see me on the feild w/ it, they laugh...then i cover them w/ paint and they go off and get laft at for getting bunkered by a talon while using an impulse

For some reason I can hardely believe that...Want to prove me wrong with some pics?

SpecialBlend2786
05-17-2004, 04:47 AM
For some reason I can hardely believe that...Want to prove me wrong with some pics?

yeah, some pics would be cool.

ZapTheMad
05-17-2004, 04:55 AM
http://ironcorelabs.tripod.com/Talon.htm

http://www.bithose.com/jakari/talon.html

http://www.bithose.com/jakari/atparts.html

You go boy! Make that Talon badazz!!!