PDA

View Full Version : Barrel selection help

Shirtlessfoo
05-15-2004, 11:04 PM
i'm planning on purchasing a custom ULE in july and was wondering if anyone had an idea about what to get for a barrel :confused: i am basicaly re outfitting cause my brother is getting into the game and wants to buy my stuff... so if anyone has any ideas about goggles, N2 tanks, or any other things i may not have thought of please help! :) , also since i'm buying everything and am just a poor college student price is an issue!!!

also :eek: if anyone has color ideas let me know... i was thinking blue valve ice body with the nickle intelligrip and then i'd get a blue barrel... :D open to sugestions

68_Classic
05-16-2004, 08:04 AM
for barrel i would say freak kit, mask prolly a thermal jt cause they always good, and for hpa go with crossfire a good 72/4500 would be good

The Spanish Inquisition
05-16-2004, 11:54 AM
I second that. buy all of that stuff.

Thermus
05-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Go for a V Force mask (the Sheild is great, and inexpensive). If you want a barrel kit, got for somehting other than a Freak. I have heard bad things about the consistancy of the bore sizes with teh inserts. I love the Pipe Kit, though its a bit more expensive. As for sigle barrels, the new hot item right now is the DYE Ultralight. Go for a Crossfire N2 tank, pick any size you want. Make sure you get an HP bottle though.

dwab3000
05-16-2004, 12:24 PM
i would say either the Poison Arrow ( www.SmootherThanGlass.com )
or
a stiffi front and Dye UL back

as for mask , i love my proteus chameleon...but i suggest just a regular proteus (both of them made by jt) and then get a fan...god i love my fan

as for a tank, right now im using a 68/5000 scion w/ a hp gauge...it may cost some more but its freakin sweet..

thats it for now

slade
05-16-2004, 01:54 PM
since you say that you are a poor college kid, i wouldnt recomend getting a barrel kit, unless you are forced to use field paint. the j&j stock barrel is actually fairly good, and evil paintballs fit it perfectly. if you do have the money, though, go for a kit. i would recomend either a titanium barrel kit or a kaner (i have never tried either, but i have heard good things about them. im still trying to decide between them.)

for goggles, id say a high end vforce. they keep down the fog and the lenses come out easily. dye goggles (i have an invision) are also great, but replacing the lenses or taking them out for cleaning can be REALLY annoying. also the thermal coating will flake off after a few months, so you'll have to replace the lenses. the vforce may have the same problem, but at least replacing the lenses will be easier.

as for a nitro tank, i dont know too much. look on pbreview.com. make sure that you buy it online, as a $200 tank in a store is about $120 online.

you'll want to get a fast loader if you get a ult on your mag. theres a lot of options here, and im still thinking about it for my gun. a halo, eggy, or qloader would be good choices.

colors for the gun are completely personal choice. pick what you like best.

oh yeah, you should check out www.whitewolfairsmithing.com for buying your mag. thats where i got mine. its a bit of a wait, but its cheaper, and you have the option to get a karta body if you want.

ZapTheMad
05-16-2004, 02:46 PM
My favorite was a Dye Stainless Steel barrel when I had my twistlock body. Look for a used one on ebay, they are pretty common and will run about $30-$40. 12 or 14 inches is the best length. They are a little on the heavy side but very accurate. They are totally indestructable and you don't have to worry about it being a piece of crap when you get it.

68_Classic
05-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Go for a V Force mask (the Sheild is great, and inexpensive). If you want a barrel kit, got for somehting other than a Freak. I have heard bad things about the consistancy of the bore sizes with teh inserts. I love the Pipe Kit, though its a bit more expensive. As for sigle barrels, the new hot item right now is the DYE Ultralight. Go for a Crossfire N2 tank, pick any size you want. Make sure you get an HP bottle though.

i have never had ne problems with my freak kit but then again i only use one type of paint i don't mix em in my hopper so that could be y.. i have a 92/4500 tank now it is expensive but well worth it lasts alot of games for me.

Shirtlessfoo
05-16-2004, 10:57 PM
ok thanks for the great sugestions... what do you guys think about this? i was going to get the dye proto mask with the easy lock thing... get a 16" or a 14" carbon fiber (it's what i got now and i like it alot) and i figured i'd go with a 68/4500: slade... how long is the wait usualy at that place?

slade
05-17-2004, 03:02 PM
i waited a couple of weeks. its a one man operation, so the wait could vary a lot. if you want to know for sure, e-mail him.