PDA

View Full Version : Aghck!!! Jayloo Ont Working!!!!

kauai_paintball
05-16-2004, 01:19 AM
HELP!!! I noticed that all the pics I hosted at jayloo werent working, so I visited jayloo.com, and the site wasnt working!!! agck!!! All my pictures are there!!! Nooooo! if the server crashes then all my pics will be lost forever!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rather
05-16-2004, 01:25 AM
Thats why you keep a copy saved to your own comp still....
And yeah it sucks cause my lle37 sig was on there too. :(

shivors
05-16-2004, 08:50 AM
If you have an XP PC you have a built in web server. Best way to host your images. Naturally you will have to worry about link-jacking but it isnt too much of a hassle.

louie
05-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Contact me if you guys need your pic hosted. AIM: i am not louie

-=Squid=-
05-16-2004, 11:12 AM
If you have an XP PC you have a built in web server. Best way to host your images. Naturally you will have to worry about link-jacking but it isnt too much of a hassle.
Elaborate?

Thermus
05-16-2004, 11:15 AM
I also have a website server to host pics for anyone who wants it. Contact me on AIM at Thermus117.

jayloo
05-16-2004, 07:24 PM
I got asked to leave the shared server that jayloo.com was on so I bought my very own personal dedicated server. Was going good till the server crashed hard and the data center I have it at is being completely unresponsive. I do pay for 24/7 support.

Heads will roll for this. THe site has been unavailable since Sat at 10pm cst.

I apologize for the inconvience. Rest assure all offsite backups are secure and current. Nothing will be lost.

I am also in the process of getting a mirror server for just this reason. Jayloo.com has been operation since Feb this year. In the last 24 hours I have missed at least 23,000 IMAGE views.

shivors
05-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Elaboration...

http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/installing_iis_winXP_pro.asp

Once that is done you can go to a URL redirect service and have a domain name pointed at your home PC. If you look at my pics they go to Http://www.sfssquad.com That is actully a server here in my house connecting through a cable modem.