PDA

View Full Version : GAP Paint

ZapTheMad
05-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Has anyone used Great American Paintballs before? I just picked up 2 cases off ebay for $61 with free shipping. They nailed me on tax tho, $4.41, so evil! I usually pay $65 for a case of marbs around here so I got twice as much for the same price. This is the first time I bought paint online, hope I don't regret it :)

notcreative
05-16-2004, 03:38 PM
not bad paint, but the owner of the company is Alex Fraige's dad so all the good paint from GAP usually comes out around Tourny time. But the quailty is similar to Marbs.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
05-16-2004, 03:39 PM
I think that is the stuff, they sell at Galyans but I'm not sure. Anyway if you want a good deal buy from firstcallpaintball.com you have to buy 4 cases, but some of the cheap zap is only like 30 a case.

phantomhitman
05-16-2004, 04:11 PM
at practice we use this stuff....you know.....because it makes us better.... ;)
i have not been shot in the mouth but once in the last 6 months, and it was by this crap. It has to be the nastiest tasting paint that ever rolled out of any factory in the world. It shoots decent though, give it a try.

notcreative
05-16-2004, 04:15 PM
oh remeber they now make banna scented paintballs those might taste better ;)

RobAGD
05-16-2004, 04:22 PM
We have been selling the 3 Dynasty paints Jawbreaker, Dynamic, and Dragon so far everyone has liked it. Jawbreaker has no scent and is about like Blaze, the Dynamic is Inferno with Apple Scent and Dragon is Hellfire with Bananna scent.

I might shoot some at my next pratice to see how its shoots, I have been playing around with the Fuel a few other newish paints.

-Robert

nospmas311
05-16-2004, 04:55 PM
We have been selling the 3 Dynasty paints Jawbreaker, Dynamic, and Dragon so far everyone has liked it. Jawbreaker has no scent and is about like Blaze, the Dynamic is Inferno with Apple Scent and Dragon is Hellfire with Bananna scent.

I might shoot some at my next pratice to see how its shoots, I have been playing around with the Fuel a few other newish paints.

-Robert
Last season, my local field sold GAP. It wasn't bad at all. It definately wasn't perfect, but it was bad either. A tad bit hard on the shell, and the paint isn't thick, but they fly nice and straight. Not too many dimples or anything of the sort.

Good luck :)

hAppy
05-16-2004, 05:21 PM
ever since we discovered GAPs we never stopped using it
GAP will take over the paint industry i bet you, cheap quality paint, i dont remember breaking a ball for the longest time

puckmaster
05-16-2004, 06:08 PM
They are a good brand of paint. I prefer anarchy to it tho, because the fill is kinda crappy.

ZapTheMad
05-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Coolies, you guys are making me feel better about my purchase. I was having visions of every other ball splitting in half out the barrel, if it made it that far :)

the electrician
05-16-2004, 07:57 PM
the local feild I go to started carrying it last year.

all I can say is very inconsistent. none of it has been round. .683 around the seam and .669 shell to shell.

lately it has been alot better, but still not as good as it should be. I do like the shell, the fill is not super thick, but it's good enough. none of it matters though, if it's not round.

I had to ask them to stat carrying different paintfor those of us who can tell what they are buying. they now carry blaze and GAP, and occasionally some RPS. I'm not much for the advantage shell though.

I imagine it had something to do with it being feild paint for a place that does alot of rental. GAP probably saw that as a chance to dump off 2nd hand paint.
it has been better this year.

ZapTheMad
05-16-2004, 07:59 PM
aww man, you shattered my dreams :(

The Spanish Inquisition
05-17-2004, 12:40 AM
At least you didn't order this.

http://firstcallpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=1219

:)

ZapTheMad
05-17-2004, 12:51 AM
ghetto balls haha! yeah, I suppose it could be worse.

The Spanish Inquisition
05-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Soooooooooooo,

How did this paint work out? Have you shot any of it yet?

Your supposed to keep us posted on these things Zap.

viperx1_1000
05-30-2004, 09:51 AM
GAP is all i use. It works good, never breaks, has kind of a thick shell, doesn't have mushy gunky fill. Overall they're great paintballs, don't use them if you have a barrel kit, some of my friends had problems with it. Maybe it's just because that's all my field sells, and wal-mart's paint just down right sucks.

JimmyBeam
05-30-2004, 11:02 AM
and wal-mart's paint just down right sucks.

Blue Streak for teh win!!!!

robertjuric
05-30-2004, 04:52 PM
You said you bought it off ebay for $65 for 2 cases? Who was the seller?

Anyone else know of a deal like that besides ebay?

ZapTheMad
05-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Good luck with GAP all day today. The only time there were breaks in the gun was when my son accidently turned down the front reg on my Cocker and kept double or triple feeding. It breaks real easy on impact, it's like 1 bounce paint. Accuracy was pretty good, tried all kinds of barrels today. I did bounce a few on one guy though. I was running out of air and had to get close. Put 5 or 6 off the top of his mask with no breaks, grrr... Had to call myself out for no air :(

Only got out 2 times today. One in the gog and one out of air. I was averaging 3 eliminations per game. Had a great day!

A few dimples and fliers here and there, but not bad overall. I will definitely buy more GAP.

Acer12
05-31-2004, 12:02 AM
great paint in my opinion.

bryceeden
05-31-2004, 07:54 AM
GAP is great paint. The only problem I have had with it is a ton of bounces, and when it does break it usually just seperates at the seam. I would definatly recomend it for recball and practice.

DogBoy
05-31-2004, 10:45 AM
I love GAP, and its even better if you can get it factory direct. talk with your local retailer about caring it. (fresh) GAP is the best paint in its price range. the fills are on the thin side but they are bright and coat hoppers, goggles and guns very well.

http://www.greatamericanpaintballs.com/index.html