PDA

View Full Version : why would a mag break paint so much? bolt spring?

The Mad Painter
10-08-2001, 06:32 AM
i played saturday, and from the first game till the middle of the day, i was blowing chunks at people. i got splatter on MYSELF more than anyone else. the paint was new, and the barrel was clean, the body was clean, and i was shooting SINGLE shots. not going all out on the trigger. i got home and found that my bolt spring was REALLY worn down. never noticed that before. so could that have been what was killing my accuracy and blowing balls? thanks. i also checked my ball detente, i have a z-body. it was okay.

FeelTheRT
10-08-2001, 07:14 AM
perhaps your shortstroking the trigger. Make sure you pull the trigger back completly and release it fully before you pull again. Another thing, make sure use good paint because they tend to be abit harder on paint than some guns. Finally, you should have a moterized hopper such as a VL Revolution to keep up with the ROF.

The Mad Painter
10-08-2001, 08:22 AM
see, i have a 12 volt, i was shooting SINGLE shots, i practice good trigger hygeine, i know i wasnt shortstroking. and the paint was BRAND new. there was some old stuff i had brought, but i used it all the first game. after that, the new stuff was all i had. new diablo, so i know its good. ive never had this problem before. always worked fine. the second half of the day was AWESOME. mag outpreformed itself each game but the first half, well, i woulda traded for a rental. any other thoughts?

davej946
10-08-2001, 08:41 AM
Mad,
Sounds like it could have been the spring, if you were firing multiple shots at a time (but NOT short-stroking). Picture this, if you can.

You pull the trigger, first shot fires cleanly. After you release the trigger, allowing it to make a complete cycle (not short-stroking) you pull it again. However, if the Bolt Spring is worn, the bolt does not quite make it back to the sear. When the trigger is pulled a second time (in succession) the on/off is opened and the air pushes the bolt forward. Now since the bolt is not all of the way back, the next ball does not feed completely into the chamber, thus chopping it.

Hope this helps, Mad. :D

To those who know better than I: Does this sound pretty feasable? This makes sense in my mind, yours too? :rolleyes:

Good Luck,

Temo Vryce
10-08-2001, 10:57 AM
You could also make sure that the paint you are using matchs the barrel you are using. Also match sure that the batteries you are using in your hopper aren't dead or dying. Good luck figuring it out.

markhauguel
10-08-2001, 11:34 AM
I had the same problem and it got worse and worse until I broke every other ball. Make sure that when you look down into the breach that the bolt doesn't stick out at all. I had a spring that looked ok but eventually cracked and hard failed. Also the spring should not be shorter than the bolt main diameter. I have started to replace the spring every 5 times out or so, need it or not and have not had any problems since. At AGD you can get just springs fairly cheap <$3 each. Get AGD springs, the spring I broke was not an AGD spring because it had a different plating on it. I hope you get it working soon, good luck.