PDA

View Full Version : Rt V.s. Rt Pr0

minimag03
05-16-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm was considering buying a RT Automag (not RT Pro). I wanted to know the weaknesses of the original RT Automag before I buy it. Is the really a difference in preformence between the two?

Thanks,
minimag03

spectra260
05-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Its weight and upgradability, the classic rt weighs more because its stainless steel body and you cant upgrade some stuff like the ULE kit. Well you can but you would have to get it milled for the ule to work.

I have a classic rt and I like the looks of it better than the pro but I wish I could get a vertical feed whitch the pro has.

Z-man
05-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah that is about it. Mechanically it is every bit as fast at any other RT valve or X-valve but as was said. they are rather heavy. Ill never sell min though :P

http://www.zakvetter.com/Images/Paintball/Gallery/Automags/Page1/zak-classic-rt.jpg

68magOwner
05-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Its weight and upgradability, the classic rt weighs more because its stainless steel body and you cant upgrade some stuff like the ULE kit. Well you can but you would have to get it milled for the ule to work.

yes you can get the ULE, AGD has a trade in on classic RT's you give them your valve and body. and $300, and they give you a ULE and X vavle (with new rail)

minimag03
05-17-2004, 08:04 AM
Has any problems with the rail leaking? Anything else I should know?

Thanks,
minimag03

thump
05-17-2004, 09:52 AM
no problems with mine leaking.
i have a classic rt with the upgrade ULE & X-VALVE.only played with it a few times since i got it back.its SO much lighter now and baby is it SEXY !! :D
it also have a vert feed.
so you can do one of 2 things,,get an rt and send it in to get upgraded,or find an rt pro thats already upgraded,in the end they are pretty much the same marker.

Creative Mayhem
05-17-2004, 11:42 AM
yes you can get the ULE, AGD has a trade in on classic RT's you give them your valve and body. and $300, and they give you a ULE and X vavle (with new rail)

Translation - trade yours in for a new one:D

11_Mile_TMaster
05-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Umm... I don't think they give you a new rail. IIRC, they give you a new rail BUSHING, so that you can use a normal valve screw. If they gave you a new rail they would also have to replace the grip.