PDA

View Full Version : tank covers

dwab3000
05-16-2004, 08:36 PM
i have been loking into a tank cover....im getting a larger tank , andi hated my jt cover

now what im looking at is the lok sok thing from wdp

i like the look but how good are they...are they kind of crappy

do they last

does it feel comfy when you are wearing a mesh sleevless shirt it the summer

how do these feel against an evil juersy, how bout an empire (i own and use both)

do they allow bounces

also are they hard to tear

thanks for those who answer

coolcatpete
05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
I personaly liek the rino covers from dye. They are very comfy

dwab3000
05-16-2004, 08:43 PM
i have a rhino on my PE, and i dont want to have to swap covers when ever i change markers (i try to have a tank for both markers on the feild w/ me)

also i forgot to add

ive seen different things in the middle part

how do ppl do thsi

eddie885221
05-16-2004, 10:49 PM
i have a redz cover and its nice, easy to take on and off (well for NORMAL ppl) and its pretty comfy

The Spanish Inquisition
05-16-2004, 11:58 PM
I just ordered a 114 ci nitroduck off of ebay as a backup tank and because I might want to play back sometime and I need more air than the 45 ci I use up front. Anyway, I have no cover for it and I cant seem to find a good one. Does anyone know if the rhino 88 will fit this tank if I sqeeze it on? Either that or do you know of a good cover for the "goodyear blimp" I just bought.

ps.

Black would be nice.

SpecialBlend2786
05-17-2004, 04:19 AM
anyway....back to the origional question before this thread was highjacked..

I've heard mixed reviews about the Lok Socks. They offer extremely good protection for most of the places where you would normaly smack your tank into a bunker or the ground, however the midsection isn't protected at all.

Gripwise, hands down the best grip on the market.

Not sure about how it feels on a sleevless shirt, but it feels fine on a long-sleeve one and a t-shirt. It actually might be more stable if you go sleeveless, because it has a tendancy to grip your shirt and move with your shirt.

They are however, difficult to get on and keep them on. I havn't heard of any of them tearing, but it is possible if a tear starts that the thing will fall off your tank.

Personally, I don't think that its benifits merit its price. Sure, it looks cool and all, but it ends up looking crappy on anything but a WDP tank. Dye rhino's offer better protection, almost as much grip, and cool looks at about $10 less.

I personally use a Mantis tank cover and love it to death.

dwab3000
05-17-2004, 02:58 PM
my freidns black one smells pretty good..

i may just get a couple cause now, IM GETTIN ANGEL AIR, im so happy :D