PDA

View Full Version : paintball careers

eg0_Slayer
05-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I was just wondering what college courses would be helpful for someone trying to make paintball a career, also, what types of positions are these big companies looking to fill. I know the cash flow is relatively tight in the business, but im not looking to get rich, I just wanna do something, anything related to this wonderful sport. I'm thinking about something along the lines of ballistics, physics, that type of thing...I wonder if DYE needs interns...lol....or any company for that matter...

eg0_Slayer
05-16-2004, 11:50 PM
hmm...is this a good topic for the tech forum, or some other category?

Xtraboy
05-16-2004, 11:52 PM
CAD experts are probably wanted (Computer Aided Design)

Loud Tim
05-17-2004, 12:15 AM
mechanical engineers- figure out how to make the things work
electrical engineers - design al those cheeter boards and everything else electrical
industrial designers- do alot of the exterior cosmetics
accountants- do the finances
sales reps
drivers
IT techs
they even need janitors
a paintball company needs everything a normal company needs so it really is more what do u want to do with paintball

Target Practice
05-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Business degree.

shivors
05-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Ummm..

Law Enforcement to stop all of the cheating?

Just a thought....

thecavemankevin
05-17-2004, 08:06 AM
law degree, more specifically patent law like those Gardner bro's ;)

GA Devil
05-17-2004, 08:23 AM
marketing is a big plus in the industry.

Thermus
05-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Any type of physics, mechanics, or engeneering if you are interested in tyring to come up with new things for the sport.

Danman69
05-17-2004, 09:55 AM
An engineering degree, especially mechanical engineering would be very useful if you want to design and make guns and parts.

hostage
05-17-2004, 03:13 PM
lol, physics is a lot HARDER than it sounds, I would suggest being a Mechanical Engineer. Here at RIT, you learn how to use the vertical mill, lathe, and other tools in just one class as well as a whole lot of theory. Other classes talk about using CAD and the CNC mill. Even though I am an IT major, I took materials processing (milling and theory) just since I had an interest from paintball.

Physics is irritating, I hate it! If you have a deep interest in physics and know a lot about it, then maybe, though I think Intro will provide you with enough knowledge for most paintball application. ie F=ma, g=9.8m/s^2...etc I will tell you this about physics, I got a 53 on my last test and I scored ABOVE adverage!

In all paintball is fun, keep it as a hobby and not as a job.
-Hostage

Glickman
05-17-2004, 07:30 PM
patent lawyer, like a decent one, and ull have alot of work in paintball.

how old are you? cause it sounds like you dont realize that most people arent into paintball for the money (no offense or anything)

id love to have a "career" in paintball too, but theres really no money in it...

Ive thought about becomming one of the gun *****es that actually are responsible for the pros' guns, i cant believe so many people think that most these guys actually fix and tune their own guns...

Toxic Dave
05-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Mechanical Engineering and or Industrial design would be a good start if you are interested in that realm. In our company we have salespeople with no college training really, accountants, assemblers, warehouse people, a design freak who deals with parts and graphics, pretty much everything is covered, it's just what you use it for once you get out of school. Heck! We have a guy in our assembly room who is 3 classes short of a history bachelors, and I have a bachelors in art restoration.

dave/ gen-e