PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a DevilMag?

ilikePB
05-17-2004, 12:03 AM
i was just wanting a review. some advantages and disadvantages. it's between this and a shocker vision. i don't care about looks too much. i'm mostly goin for size, weight, dependibility/durability, and speed. i'd wait for the hair trigger, but i'll have the money sooner than 6 months and i don't wanna wait. i'll get a hair trigger for a back up gun later on or something. anyway, thanks in advance if anyone has one. :) oh yeah, if you have suggestions on other markers i'd be open to that, remember though, size, weight, dependibility/durability, and speed. i'm wanting to keep in the $850 or less range.

68magOwner
05-17-2004, 01:47 PM
the mag would NEVER chop, would be more durable for shure, they are about the same size, weight, mag probably a little lighter (dont quote me on that) speed will be about the same

Thermus
05-17-2004, 01:50 PM
IMO, Go for the shocker.

teufelhunden
05-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Shocker. Don't bother with the Vision. Get an Evo II-Z or a HALO and you're set there. The with the money you save by not getting Vision get an Evolve kit and shoot a case off a 68.45 at 22 bps.

68_Classic
05-17-2004, 02:53 PM
go with the shocker

Chronobreak
05-17-2004, 02:54 PM
as much as it burns me to say get the shocker i must sait get the shocker...hyperframes are not the best in my opion however the devil mags are great but the trigger isnt my style

Cryer
05-17-2004, 02:55 PM
shocker

shocker

shocker
... Why?

Cryer
05-17-2004, 02:57 PM
as much as it burns me to say get the shocker i must sait get the shocker...hyperframes are not the best in my opion however the devil mags are great but the trigger isnt my style
It only uses the actual frame. The triger pull, weight is different, as is the board. It has break-beam eyes, which will own Vision anyday.

This is not just a hyperframe.

armyboot
05-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Shockers had a host of QC issues when they were released, and I'm not sure if they've all been fixed.

Mags are known for their dependability, and have proven themselves time and time again. I'd honestly get the devilmag. You'll never chop with lvl x and ace, dont' have to worry about FSDO, get decent efficiency right out of the box, and you'll have a marker that is just as light with a super small profile.

Joni
05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Choosing between the devilmag and the shocker I would def. choose the devilmag. Break beam eyes, lvl10 anti-chop bolt, AGD reliability, rather unique marker (a positive thing imo), not SP =)

Igotu
05-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Can you just buy the devil mag trigger frame instead of just buying the whole gun?????

logamus
05-17-2004, 04:17 PM
well i have an 03 vision shocker. imo the shocker and the devil mag would be about as close to even as you could find. out of the box they are both going to be: easy to maintain, shoot really fast, need a battery, light, pretty hard on your hpa tank, and they wont chop. they both have some minor upgrades that are available, barrel kits, clamping feednecks, but the one thing that to me puts the shocker just a touch ahead is the sp high efficiency bolt. now i do not have this bolt yet, however, most all reports from users are that it is super easy to install (you just swap the old bolt out with no extra set up, unlike the evolve or agd's lvl 10) and users are getting anywhere between 1700-2000 shots off one 68/45 with no fsdo. the bolt kits go for around 90-100 bucks. i havent invested in one yet because i always get all day air and its not super important, but knowing i can get it means something.

i dont think you will be disappointed with either choice, either one would be pleanty capable on the field.

dwab3000
05-17-2004, 04:17 PM
im sorry to say shocker

the frame its self, the hyperframe, i think is totally (the looks of this) a half-assed job of designing a product

Joni
05-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Why doesnt anyone understand that it is NOT A HYPERFRAME?

DiSoRdeR
05-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Some people never learn... :)

Torbo
05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
i dont have any experiance with the devil mag. The shocker however: they hardcore suck stock. The fsdo is unbelieveable, they chop if its at all cold, and they suck gas like a mo-fo. The bolt kits now available have fixed these problems for the most part. however i still wouldnt buy one. If i were you, i would buy a timmy. You can get a 2k2 for that kind of money, and it will blow both the shocker and the devilmag out of the water.

TeamNausea
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
I used to own the shocker that evan123 now has and loved it! Bah the air wasnt great but not horrible. Mine was stock no vision and had maybe 3 breaks in about 3 cases!

elpimpo
05-17-2004, 04:52 PM
If i were you, i would buy a timmy. You can get a 2k2 for that kind of money, and it will blow both the shocker and the devilmag out of the water.

i was about to say the same exact thing. but if your not a timmy fan id say shocker, those things are all sorts of tiny and they rip pretty hard. but like i say, get the timmy over either

tjmpaintball06
05-17-2004, 05:08 PM
shocker, the devilmag isnt very well known and i'm not convinced that the devilmag is that good. why wont they show us a video...

Joni
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
shocker, the devilmag isnt very well known and i'm not convinced that the devilmag is that good. why wont they show us a video...

?????
Here is a vid:
http://devilsden.tv/devilmag_promo.wmv

robertjuric
05-17-2004, 05:50 PM

Actually it is a hyperFRAME. Different board and trigger switch. But that still means you have the same design, fit, and trigger(not switch). And the hyperframes themselves as a whole were a pretty crappy product. I'd personally wait until either Logic, Rogue, or GA_Devil release their own custom frame.

Cryer
05-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Reasons for a devilmag over a shocker:
1)AGD. Superior quality, superior customer service. Superior superiority.
2)easily customizable. Hook up with nicad, and you've got a sweet, clean setup.
3)Break-beam eyes. No other paint detection system can match break-beam eyes for reliabilty and consistancy.
4)Easy to tech.
5)Less popular. This may not be a selling point for everyone, but I like having a 1-of marker. Something that I had a hand in designing/assembling. I can build a custom Devilmag (1-of-a-kind-custom) or I can buy a mass-produced marker that everyone else has one like it. (granted the shocker isnt as bad as timmies or matrices/dm4's in this case, but still:))

Can you just buy the devil mag trigger frame instead of just buying the whole gun?????
yes.
Theres a thread in Dealers forum started by GA Devil. Check it out. Also go to www.devilsden.tv and browse around. If memory serves, its $350...

Cryer
05-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Actually it is a hyperFRAME. Different board and trigger switch. But that still means you have the same design, fit, and trigger(not switch). And the hyperframes themselves as a whole were a pretty crappy product. I'd personally wait until either Logic, Rogue, or GA_Devil release their own custom frame.

GADevil has mentioned he has 2 custom frames in the works. All I can gather is that one is vert and one is 45.

Hopefully, he'll use angel triggers in these frames. That would allow much more flexibility for the user. A selling point. Personally, I hate the feel (shape) of the hyperframe trigger, and am holding out for him to come out with something different instead. (among other things...$)

ilikePB
05-17-2004, 07:38 PM
i don't think timmys are small compared to shockers and mags. plus everybody and their brother has one(and they all think they are pros, lol, at least where i live). also i can't find one for under $900 and i really wanna keep it at $850 or less. i've shot the shocker and i think it's pretty sweet. i wish i could shoot a devilmag, but, obviously, nobody around here has one. from the vid the devilmag looks like it's pretty easy to rip on. i don't care if the grip frame looks stupid or not. i just want performance. i appreciate all the posts. i have been told by a few people that vision isn't needfull on a shocker as long it's got a halo b or egg2 with x board. that'd save me $125, so i'm thinkin of goin with that. choices, choices, choices. i wish there was only one marker so i wouldn't have to choose, lol. i think my head's gunna explode :eek:.

Reaver
05-17-2004, 07:45 PM
either go for devils mag. or get a Strange shocker and buy my trigger. :)

ilikePB
05-17-2004, 07:58 PM
i don't know how much a strange shocker costs but i can bet it goes wwwaaayyy over my $850 limit.

GA Devil
05-17-2004, 08:11 PM
nice to see so many people backing the DevilMAG. Funny to see those that dont. As for a timmy ripping faster, Ive proved that theory wrong. No cheat modes on either of the 2 mine will come out on top. If you NEED cheat modes good luck in life. The hyperframe only lacks in looks to some people but as for durability and function I have been around them quite sometime before even knowing about AO and never have had a function problem. Yes I have a 90* frame coming out as well as possibly an alternative 45 frame. 1 think to keep in mind that so many has stated already...support. And I havent seen any mags of mine with a first shot drop off either. For total specs and to see the Vid that someone said dont exist check out my store www.devilsden.tv and its all on the main page. Plus if you have any question Im always answering them and have no problem with it.

tjmpaintball06
05-17-2004, 08:21 PM
i stand corrected

barrel break
05-17-2004, 08:25 PM
devilmag definately, shockers have run away boounce, and alot of production errors.

gc82000
05-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Yeah go with the shocker it only looks like a mag. The idea for the new shocker was only taken from a mag. And man I would love to have a gun that only a few thousand other people have. Especially in the vast amount of the five color choices you can decide from. Oh yeah, with the ability to get the so overly priced, yet so inaccurate Freak set. Oh man I want a shocker now.

HEHHEHEHHEHEHEHHEHEHHEHEHEHHE :p

RoadDawg
05-17-2004, 09:27 PM
If I had extra cash I'd give the Devil mag a shot. The video shows just how much it rips (yes it does exist). Shocker's are decent but not 800+ worthy.

teufelhunden
05-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah go with the shocker it only looks like a mag. The idea for the new shocker was only taken from a mag. And man I would love to have a gun that only a few thousand other people have. Especially in the vast amount of the five color choices you can decide from. Oh yeah, with the ability to get the so overly priced, yet so inaccurate Freak set. Oh man I want a shocker now.

HEHHEHEHHEHEHEHHEHEHHEHEHEHHE :p

So the Matrix is a 'Mag design too? And ya know, only a few thousand [k, maybe not that many] people have ULE 'Mags that all look the same too. And ya know, those 8 ULE colors are a hell of a pallette. And while the Freak isn't the most accurate, it's a far cry from inaccurate..

TheTramp
05-18-2004, 12:35 AM
I'm sure the Devimag is fast and reliable like any Mag but for that kind of money you can get a used E-Mag.

I guess my choise would be:

1) If you must have new then Devilmag.
2) If new isn't as important then get a used E-Mag.

ilikePB
05-18-2004, 09:17 AM
i'd much reather have a new devilmag over a used emag, actually no matter the circumstances i'd rather have a devilmag. the devilmag has a predator board, break beam eyes, it's ule so it's lighter, and it's got the ripper trigger so it's super light. nothing against emags but the devilmag, at least to me, is a better deal. i just wish i could test shoot one, i'd probably be sold on it if i could test one, life just isn't fair, lol.

ilikePB
05-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey GA Devil, what part of georgia are you in? i'm about 3 hours south of the florida/georgia border on the east coast, i have family in atlanta. if you aren't too far out of the way maybe i could go visit my family up there and get lost and swing by your shop. :)

coolcatpete
05-18-2004, 09:31 AM
I say the devil mag. Just trust the vid would he try to trick you. Also you will not have any trigger bounce. So it will be fast and legal.
Pete

GA Devil
05-18-2004, 09:32 AM
LOL Im up in Cumming GA. Its about 30-45 min north of ATL up 400. Im sure we can work somethign out to meet up allowing you to test a DevilMAG int he future. At the moment im extremely busy but will try to figure somethign out to make it happen. I have no problem with your wanting to. Its alot of money to shell out. Let me see what events are going on her ein the near future between us and if Im attending any. Also Im working on gett ing a few guns to paintballtimes.com and Splat magazine because they both want to do an article on them. So give me a little time and Ill get 1 in your hands to test somehow. ;)

Load SM5
05-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Go devilmag for sure. I put a few hoppers through GA's a few months back it it was hand down the fastest thing I've ever shot. Ropes of old nasty paint without a complaint or break.

Cryer
05-18-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm sure the Devimag is fast and reliable like any Mag but for that kind of money you can get a used E-Mag.

I guess my choise would be:

1) If you must have new then Devilmag.
2) If new isn't as important then get a used E-Mag.
I'll never own another emag or an xmag. I wasnt impressed with my last one's overall performance, feel, and construction.

ilikePB
05-18-2004, 02:47 PM
hey GA Devil are you comin down for the tourney at tampa? i'll be there. if not i'll make it up there sometime, either that or i'll just buy the thing then i'll be able to shoot it, lol. i'll probably end up buying it no matter what. :D every time i think about it or cruise the forums i want a devilmag more.

Lethargic
05-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Devilmag, hands down.

When the shocker came out, 4 members of my team bought one within the same week. Everyone praised the weight, size, style, etc. And it's true, the Shocker looks and feels like the best gun a Front or Mid could hope for.

HOWEVER, once we got to the field, things changed. I have NEVER encountered a gun with worse problems out of the box. First shot drop off? More like first TEN shot drop off. Let me describe the Chronoing procedure we were forced to use at Huntington Beach: Step up to chrono, take off barrel condom, fire 5-10 shots until balls stop rolling out of the barrel and bolt luricates itself. Hand marker to Judg for chronoing. Recieve marker back and step onto field. At 10 second countdown, fire 10 balls into the ground to ensure marker is still lubricated. Then, and only then, is your Shocker ready to go.

Vision is a joke on the shocker. About the only thing I've seen it do is stop the bolt from moving while you are dry firing. Without an Egg or Halo, your Shocker is going to chop quite nicely, thank you very much. And once you chop one ball, hte system is out of commision until you clean it. In my experience, leaving it turned off worked better.

"Upgrades" for the shocker, with the possible exception of the Rip Trigger, are no better than the stock parts. The "High Efficiency" bolt fixes NOTHING. I got a debatable Pod to a pod and a half better efficiency (Anyone proclaiming 1700 rounds off a 68/45 is either on some of the finer drugs around, or just outright lying) , but the FSDO remained unsolved. And I sincerly doubt it ever will be fixed. The design just requires too much lubrication to work effectively. There are plenty of pretty accessories to make your shocker look good, but what is the point if it still requieres continuous maintainance, and comes flawed in several as yet unsolveable ways?

In the end, none of the four guys who originally bought shockers have sold them. However, none of them use the Shocker as their primary marker, and most are contemplating selling in the near future (After Tampa) The lone exception is our team Airsmith, who has taken it as a personal insult that he cannot make this gun work perfectly. He no longer uses his however, and has bought a Timmy to replace it. The Shockers remain too unreliable to use on a regular basis.

Digits
05-18-2004, 10:10 PM
my all ULE mag was waaay lighter then my shocker.. I hate small guns though so I don't use either.. Get a trix.. lol.. If you really want small though (pfft.. I was like this, untill I started shooting trix's.. Believe me, w/ eyes it's like wetting your pants).. then get the devil mag.. My shocker never really did go bad on me.. But I still didn't really like it.. The mag will be lighter though, and smaller.

nastymag
05-19-2004, 12:25 AM
i wouldt get a shocker with out vision, eggs are easy to outshoot, and you will chop with a revy vision or no vision.

doesnt the devil mag also have TAGs support ?

SpecialBlend2786
05-19-2004, 01:34 AM
doesnt the devil mag also have TAGs support ?

I belive so, seeing as it has a predator board.