PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Factor

GLORYGOAL
05-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Just a quick question for you guys who have X valves.

I have an ANS II Valve with level ten on my Minimag and I have been thinking of upgrading to a X valve.

Is it really that great of an upgrade to get and worth dropping 300 some bucks into it or would it be smarter to drop it into something else to increase trigger speed?

What do you guys think?

Dayspring
05-17-2004, 01:06 PM
#1- if you trade your valve in, you spend $225 instead of $325.
#2- there are few upgrades short of going electronic that will increase your ROF like an Xvalve will.
#2.5- If you go elextronic, you'd still be limited in your ROF by the valve speed. The Xvalve is by far faster than the classic.

Vanced
05-17-2004, 01:37 PM
#3. If you plan on going the trade in route... be sure to part the Level 10 before trading it in... It doesn't give you any extra credit and fetching around $50-60 or so on the used market... to help offset the cost...

Joni
05-17-2004, 01:57 PM
You might also want to consider getting the cheapest RTP custom deal, which is 340$. Then you would have a complete marker to sell, to get some money back.

GLORYGOAL
05-17-2004, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Dayspring]#1- if you trade your valve in, you spend $225 instead of $325.
#2- there are few upgrades short of going electronic that will increase your ROF like an Xvalve will.

Because I bought the gun used, it only can with the ANS II valve. Will AGD accept the ANS II apart of the valve exchange program?

So the X valve increases Rate of fire significantly? How many more Balls/second would you all say? Is it easy to short stroke it?

Dayspring
05-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Agd will take the valve. Used, matching serial #s or not. (That includes the garbage ANS crap.)

Damned near impossible to shortstroke an RT based valve.

And however fast you can pull the trigger, the gun will shoot. It's upper limits have yet to be reached.

GLORYGOAL
05-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Agd will take the valve. Used, matching serial #s or not. (That includes the garbage ANS crap.)

Damned near impossible to shortstroke an RT based valve.

And however fast you can pull the trigger, the gun will shoot. It's upper limits have yet to be reached.

So Pretty much the only thing you need to worry about after installing the X Valve is trigger travel distance and trigger pull weight, but can't this be fixed with the ULT?

With the ULT work with a Minimag?

68_Classic
05-17-2004, 02:37 PM
if u get the ult it will help out ur rof and i think it will work on a minimag

Dayspring
05-17-2004, 03:02 PM
ULT is valve dependent, not gun dependent (mostly).

It was designed for guns using the Xvalve and for ReTro valves with 2 orings in the on/off area. It is NOT recommended for the Emag/Xmag/SFL series of guns. Nor will it fit into classic RTs.

Some people get it to work on classic valves. Some don't. There's an increased chance of short stroking on a classic valve equipped ULT.

ULT deals with pull weight. Length is non-adjustable. Some people have put trigger stops in to take up the post-travel. But in general, length is NOT adjustable.

GLORYGOAL
05-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks for all the information, this is great stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong...

I would be able to turn in my current valve (ANS II valve and Level 10) to AGD to get a X valve for about $225.

The new X valve will be able to work on a Minimag with Intelliframe.

The X valve is almost immpossible to short stroke and goes as fast as I can pull the trigger.

Is there any other information you may all have for me about the X valve?

Vanced
05-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Glorygoal: As I said in my earlier post... when dealing with the trade in of your valve to AGD to upgrade to the X-Valve you do not have to provide them with your level 10 ... you can keep it for use in another gun or sell it used on the open market to help cover the cost of the upgrade to the X-Valve. You only need to trade in your ANS II valve ..