PDA

View Full Version : AGD's NEW GUN???

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-17-2004, 01:09 PM
I know this has prob been brought up before but i couldnt find it anywhere, but does anyone know of AGD has plans on a new gun or any other info on where they are gonna go since all the other mags were discontinued? :confused:

Banshee23
05-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Look at the Hair trigger sticky at the top of the forum to see the probable future of AGD trigger mechanisms. Only the electronic mags have been discontinued for the time being, I wouldn't count on seeing another E-gun from AGD until next year at the earliest, that's if they ever decide to go electro again.

RevBrown
05-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Tom just made a post the other day in some thread hinting at it.
Lighter, faster, smaller, mechanical is the basic effect of the post

Cryer
05-17-2004, 01:20 PM
There hasnt been any real info given. Basically, only material for speculation.

Likely AGD will keep the RTPro custom, and re-release the emag within a year or so (assuming everything works out with SP like TK plans... :confused: ). It will most likely include the same valve desing incorporating the ULT (or some similar mechanism), a smaller solenoid, and smaller battery. Hopefully, they will include break-beam eyes and a body incorporating the body and rail (ie: PTP micromags).

DiSoRdeR
05-17-2004, 01:20 PM
We are moving on to the next generation of superguns that will have all the performance of electros with the simplicity and reliablity of mechanics.

Think smaller, lighter and FAST! At home on the tournament field or underwater in a scenario game. Fixable, walkable, and affordable!
This was a few threads down ;)

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Ok, i get where the faster and mech comes from (the hair trigger), the lighter (ULE bodies and such), but smaller??? I hope theres not some new valve comin out cus i just bought an x valve and stuff and i dont want it to be "obsolete". I mean the X just came out not to long ago and if a new design were to come out everyone who bought the X and stuff will be one step behind. Ill prob end up buying one of the new guns regardless, i just thought i would annoy some people and open myself up for attack from AO on the whole obsolete thing. LOL

edweird
05-17-2004, 01:25 PM
in essence the hAir frame makes a mech mag a whole new thing... but that is still on the horizon

Unfortunatly with AGD they cant claim a new marker every time some kid with a dremel carves something into a sluggo body. But the Sluggo mag is something special and when mroe machinists start doing what NiCad is doing we are going to have a boatload of new bodys on our hands.

DiSoRdeR
05-17-2004, 01:30 PM
when mroe machinists start doing what NiCad is doing we are going to have a boatload of new bodys on our hands.
And I thought there were to many to pick from now :D

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-17-2004, 01:33 PM
If anyone can top Nicad, i say go ahead and try. Deadly Wind is gonna take AGD to a whole new level if they havnt already with the sweet bodies they keep comin out with.

Keep it up Deadly Wind!

Target Practice
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM

Aww, come on. There is no such thing as too many choices. ;)

Cryer
05-17-2004, 01:36 PM
I have heard something about them taking the reg off the back of the valve and running it vert. My only concern with that is they better find some way to run an internal air line. Cause I hate having the line run parallel with the gun. I dont mind how it is now, but it would be cooler if it was all internal (and worked better/more often than the banjo bolt idea...)

pb4jc
05-17-2004, 01:39 PM
when mroe machinists start doing what NiCad is doing we are going to have a boatload of new bodys on our hands.

THAT IS A GOOD THING!!! LOL :D

edweird
05-17-2004, 01:42 PM

not enough that make it to full production. As of now I recall about 4 diffrent machinists selling milled sluggos'

Nicad (with Chord, Dallara, Karta)
PBX
Xtreme depot (2 bodys IIRC)
I forget the 4th but recall it

2 companys were supposed to be comming out with sluggos but that died off after last years IAO. (KAPP and adrenaline)

Cryer
05-17-2004, 01:48 PM
I thought Deadlywind was the only one left that still does it.

And I think Xtreme depot made their own bodies instead of using sluggos.

What did the 4th company's body look like? Are you talking about Festus?

DiSoRdeR
05-17-2004, 01:54 PM
What did the 4th company's body look like? Are you talking about Festus?
Theres a 4th company? and what is this so called Festus?

Cryer
05-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Theres a 4th company? and what is this so called Festus?
Festus33 was the first person to offer a production model sluggo custimization. He is (was?) a member here, although he has taken a hiatus from the sport for an undisclosed amount of time.

I'll search for pics/info...

edweird
05-17-2004, 01:59 PM
that could be the 4th one... I forget tho.

See kids this is why you do good in math and become a machinist. Once you do you will be rolling in business from the guys that were to damn stupid to do it them self. Look at NiCad, and Doc Nickel as examples.

Cryer
05-17-2004, 02:02 PM

Festus's Slug Model (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60123), More (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63357) Simple design, but it was the first produced for sale.
Festus's fare-well (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=125929)
Festus's profile (http://www.automags.org/forums/member.php?u=8258)

Cryer
05-17-2004, 02:07 PM
It seems as tho Datapimp had some milled sluggos for sale at one point, too.
Whether he simply produced Festus's, or made his own design, I'm not sure...

WingMan13
05-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Hmmm.....looks familar
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7458/WTF.jpg

Cryer
05-17-2004, 02:44 PM
right? Thats what everyone else was chanting when SP first unlveiled their shocker 2k3 :p

I wonder if that would consitute "prior art"? ;)

trevorjk
05-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Festus33 was the first person to offer a production model sluggo custimization. He is (was?) a member here, although he has taken a hiatus from the sport for an undisclosed amount of time.

i wouldnt say a hiatus from the sport... more like more time for the real guns. and he still pballs from time to time infact hes usually over at paintball sams in racine wisconsin... to bad we couldnt do this agd 5man at sams cuase it was looking like festus was going to let me and a friend play with him for that tourny.

and whats pbx? ive seen the extreme depot bodies and the nicads but thats it... can some one please post up links???

edweird
05-17-2004, 04:47 PM
and whats pbx? ive seen the extreme depot bodies and the nicads but thats it... can some one please post up links???

It was a body that Paintballstix was selling... I do not know if they are making/selling anymore of them. It is a double detent'd body much on the same lines of the Extreme depot bodies.

wallace9111
05-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Hmmm.....looks familar
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7458/WTF.jpg

Unless that is festus's personal mag that is my body he milled for me! It was out about a year before SP ever released a shocker pic!

Will

Chipper
05-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Is it just me or did everyone miss the underwater part to what TK said?

spadge67
05-17-2004, 05:36 PM
yeah, i noticed the underwater thing too, whats up with that?

trevorjk
05-17-2004, 05:40 PM
OMG are you serious???!!!???

Have you not played underwater? its sweet you get a buntch of friends that love to scuba dive (or if your cheap you snorkle) and go at it ... no bunkers just raw mutilation underwater it is so insane i cant even describe what its like

RevBrown
05-17-2004, 05:41 PM
That would be the post I was talking about.

edweird
05-17-2004, 05:42 PM
99.9995% it was prolly Tk being feisty and finding another way to say he is catering to the hardcore scenario market as well.

either that or he is scuba diving now and wants to make spearguns as well. =P

spasticsquirrel
05-17-2004, 06:57 PM
cant mags already shoot underwater, or is he making a hydrolic automag for extreme underwater usage.

Joni
05-17-2004, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't try throwin an E/X-mag under water =)

gc82000
05-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Yes finally a gun that you can play with in the rain. this I would love to see.

Loud Tim
05-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Unless that is festus's personal mag that is my body he milled for me! It was out about a year before SP ever released a shocker pic!

Will
a tl63 trigger
nitro duck tank
micro line instead of macro
blue accents
all the tell tale signs of ricks gun

spasticsquirrel
05-18-2004, 07:56 PM
I think that there should be a sticky about all the quotes about the "new marker" and stuff that tom kaye has said.

sneakyhacker420
05-18-2004, 08:37 PM

Willfestus produced a body for himself, and yours was a tiny bit different, yours had what you could call 'louvers' (sp?) on the top/sides on the corner

and trust me, festus's body doesnt look like much compared to a chord or whatever, its AMAZING in person

Tom Sparkman
05-20-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah, i noticed the underwater thing too, whats up with that?

Mechanical, I'd hazard a guess.

Tom :)

mcdkid
05-20-2004, 03:59 PM
i think he meant like a scenario to a game like an "underwater war", either that or he had just taken some glacoma "medication" when it posted that. either way all this talk about glacoma "medication" is making me wana watch the matrix...