PDA

View Full Version : Halo-b or other?

DarkSun
05-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi all, ok, so, I have a Halo b hopper, its never failed me, and I have an automag 68 classic, what is the best hopper? is halo b really the best I can do? Also, should I get rid of my 68 classic to get an ULE mag?Tell me whatcha think.

kauai_paintball
05-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Well, It depends on the type of ball you play, traditionally, you should not be able to outshoot a halo B, and if you can, you must have an rt mag, because you have MAJOR runaway. As for next upgrade for the classic: get a wingless rougerail, pricey but it should take some weiht off of it. or if not worried about weight, get an Iframe. I imagine you could sell the classic on ebay for around 300, and then just save another 150 and get yourself a nice RT mag with ULE and Xvalve. Classic mags are nice tho, even if they are ooooold. I would focus on getting some correct gear for now, nice mask, invest in a gearbag and nice squeegie, I have an angel LED with a tank and egg 2 w/Z and I dont have everything else, so I got ahead of myself.

TheTramp
05-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Hi all, ok, so, I have a Halo b hopper, its never failed me, and I have an automag 68 classic, what is the best hopper?

If your Halo has never failed you why would you want to change it? There is no real answer to your "best" hopper question. If you are asking which hopper is the fastest...you've already got it.

is halo b really the best I can do?

Short answer = yes

Also, should I get rid of my 68 classic to get an ULE mag?Tell me whatcha think.

If you are unhappy with your classic you could get an X-valve and ULE body. These will make your Mag perform just like an RT-Pro.

My recomendation would be to buy a used Retro valve with L10 in the classified forum and then get the ULE body.

There is no reason to change your hopper if you've already got the fastest one out there.

DarkSun
06-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the automag off ebay or here in the c and getting an upgraded help. Im thinking of selling the classic and buyng an upgraded automag. thx. Also im getting an evo2. laters.

elpimpo
06-26-2004, 04:37 PM
well the halo b with victory board is probly the best but i have heard about the v boards burning up, so id say stick with the classic halo b with rip drive, plus u have a 68 classic, you dont need the v board, hell you dont even need a halo but its always nice to have

nastymag
06-26-2004, 04:42 PM
i use a halo for my angels.

BUT nothing but a revy will be used with my mag.... rev is light , keeps up, and has the nicest profile.

SlipknotX556
06-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Keep the Halo B, you can do no better,

As for upgrading the classic, just buy a used X valve, then get a ule body.

jknospe
06-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Halo B is a great loader. I like it. Especially to feed my warp (see sig). However, I am a little curious how well the Q loader (http://www.qloader.com/) performs. They claim its faster... but really who cares. I'm more interested in how fast it is to reload the pods.