PDA

View Full Version : Over enthusiastic newbie

Snappy
10-08-2001, 09:54 AM
I need some help. There's a newbie I know who is looking at spending $1500 soon on an Angel. He's played paintball a little, but can't even remember the name of his last marker. Seems like he's been taken up by all the hype, and told me it can shoot so fast and yadda yadda yadda. He doesn't own a tank, marker, or even a mask at this time. Does anyone think I need to dissuade him? What other marker could I suggest? I'd like to get some good info, like pros and cons, before Wednesday. Thanks!

FeelTheRT
10-08-2001, 09:56 AM
just let him buy it and see how much better he is ;).

SIGSays
10-08-2001, 10:02 AM
mags are almost for everyone :)

krafty
10-08-2001, 10:29 AM
Let him buy it, then tag him with a pump gun during his first game with it. :D

dansim
10-08-2001, 11:51 AM
let him buy it but see how long it takes to play w/it nitro,masks hoppers,and paint arent cheap...but on the other hand talk him into something cheaper so he can buy the other stuff let him know you get a free tank on paintball gear you know when you buy an emag(nudge nudge) and let him think hes all high and mighty then shoot him w/ a talon heheh

udtseal
10-08-2001, 12:45 PM
boys will be boys :rolleyes:

Snappy
10-12-2001, 01:56 PM
Well, said newbie didn't get the gun. He told me his grandfather (a retired Army Colonel) loves to buy him Army related items. We played the other day and he said he really liked my 'mag. Of course it's easy to look good being the only one running HPA and the next-best-thing being a Spyder (which was nice, but I've got a MINIMAG! Adore me! Adore me!) We had fun, and I shot him in the butt. :p

Nitroduck
10-12-2001, 09:25 PM
Let him buy it

Let him break it

Then offer him $100 for the broken gun (hey, tell him those guns cost more to fix than they are to buy)..

Or tell him you'll "fix" it ..........Just then go buy him a PF Mag.

Snappy
10-14-2001, 02:42 PM
It's funny to see that most people think I should not say anything and let the kid buy it. Oh, and something funny happened on the field that day. He came to me to say the marker he had wouldn't fire. I looked at it, CO2 screwed in...safety off...and said hmm. Then I cocked it and fired a few rounds. I don't think he's ready for an Angel. :cool: