PDA

View Full Version : Automags are now officially discontinued

punkncat
05-17-2004, 09:45 PM
As posted by AGD himself.
This brings up a few questions. I know that he means the Classic valve is being discontinued. With the advent of the X valve and RT/ULE triggers I can see this as a logical evolution of the product line. But here come the questions...

Will parts/service still be available for the classic valve? Will you still be able to send in and get a star drilled for the factory rebuild?

Would it not be a good idea for AGD to make an updated all aluminum classic valve so that they don't eliminate themselves from the CO2 dependant market? This seems especially important given the recent introduction of the "scenario market" geared Tac One body. Many events in this class still only offer CO2.

Realizing of course that there are TONS of classic valves still available that it wouldn't be a problem too soon , but what of the future?

Ov3rmind
05-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Wait, what?

If I am interpreting this right, it is the end of an era for AGD. However, I do think it was a wise decision.

punkncat
05-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Yes posted here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137751) . Post # 7 .

Enemy
05-17-2004, 10:17 PM
emags are gone to but im sure that agd will still service their markers all the same... an all aluminum classic valve wouldnt be cost effiecent to make seeing as agd is now research and developing an entirly new marker..i cant find the thread where tom said that but i know its on here somewhere. its one of the no more xmag threads!!!

AGD
05-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Yes new parts will be available for some time on Classic valves and used parts will be around forever since we have a stack of trade in valves.

We are going to come out with a special valve stem that will change your RT valve into a Classic if you want to run CO2. It WILL NOT have fast recharge or reactive trigger like the RT valve is you use this part.

AGD

PaintballSmurf13
05-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Yes new parts will be available for some time on Classic valves and used parts will be around forever since we have a stack of trade in valves.

We are going to come out with a special valve stem that will change your RT valve into a Classic if you want to run CO2. It WILL NOT have fast recharge or reactive trigger like the RT valve is you use this part.

AGD
And that's why I love AGD. ;)
-Ryan

Rooster
05-18-2004, 08:03 AM
I can give my classic to my youngest brother. I've always let him use it, but I didn't want to give it up, in case I had to use CO2.

Vanced
05-18-2004, 08:18 AM
I can live with the death of the Twistlock, Powerfeed bodies, and even the trusted time tested steel of a Mag... all in the name of progress...But I had this fear........

AGD

Way to step up and answer my only real concern about the death of the classic... No worries about it being slower, just sounds like the standard Classic in a fancy aluminum body.... and the AGD Saga continues...

It is Tom's world and we are all living in it !

punkncat
08-27-2009, 07:59 AM

AGD

I was digging around looking for something else, but whatever became of this product?

Sumthinwicked
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
graverobber but yea i know right what happened ?

snoopay700
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey it's his own thread, so it's ok haha.

But yeah, i too am curious, im assuming he meant the reg pin so it got regulated before it hit the on/off, shouldn't have been a hard downgrade. Probably too many people wanted teh classic back and so the idea never got put into practice because i remember when i first got into paintball is when they discontinued it pretty much, and then they came out with the pro classic a year or two later.

punkncat
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM

Yeah, I dug up a funky old corpse with this one.

BiNumber3
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
along with that pin, maybe make an all aluminum classic valve:)

snoopay700
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
along with that pin, maybe make an all aluminum classic valve:)
That would negate the reason for the pin then, because then all x valves would become aluminum classics. An aluminum classic valve would also run probably around the same as an x valve.

BiNumber3
08-27-2009, 05:28 PM
i see, thanks for ruining my dreams.... :P

snoopay700
08-27-2009, 05:29 PM
i see, thanks for ruining my dreams.... :P
What i'm here for :D

But seriously lol, it's been discussed before and people have been trying to get an alum classic valve made. If this valve stem ever got made it would make any x valve into an aluminum classic valve essentially, so having an aluminum classic valve would be pointless.

mpsd
08-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I was digging around looking for something else, but whatever became of this product?

Holly thread ressurection, Batman!!! :ninja:

Mechanic79
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Luckily there is a "life time" supply of AGD products! :shooting:

SkinnyHare
08-27-2009, 10:27 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7756/oldthread.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist. been hanging onto this for years.

mpsd
08-27-2009, 10:28 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/i/oldthread.jpg

Pic doesn't work.

Bagheera
08-28-2009, 12:35 AM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7756/oldthread.jpg

I am so stealing this....