PDA

View Full Version : ULT questions

SOAD8789
05-17-2004, 10:06 PM
im pretty skeptical about the idea. i heard that it reduced the pull down to 15 ounces, which is still pretty heavy. can you actually make this thing fast? i only have a benchmark single trigger frame right now though, so i wont be able to get too fast, i dont think, but it has to be an improvement.

Dayspring
05-17-2004, 10:36 PM
15 oz from 3 pounds is quite a bit. And unless you've fired it, you'll realize just how light it really is.

SOAD8789
05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
ive easily hit 7 bps on my benchmark single trigger frame, just a classic valve and such. my friends dont see how i can do that, they all use ebladed cockers, shockers and the like. my mag is just too slow for me in my current position now. ive been playin for 2 1/2 years now, and my gun is too slow to compete. the local rookie team uses nothing less than a highly upped impulse, and its quite aggrivating. i have more talent than most of them combined, they can just outshoot me. i need to keep up with these fast guns while staying faithful to my mag. deadlywind is gonna save me, but until then, i need something bad. how fast can most of you rip on your mech mags??? i just want to get some statistics, cause ive got strong fingers that will be able to churn out some bps if it is really that great.

Dayspring
05-17-2004, 10:43 PM
It's gonna be different for everybody.

If you want to up your ROF- get an Xvalve. Want more? Hyperframe it.

jwalker87
05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
you def. need an x-valve. Or ReTro, if you can get one used. Probably cheaper. WHat I would do is get the x-valve and the ULT kit. That will make your trigger pull pretty nice. If that's not enough, in about 6 months the Hairtrigger will come out, and not only will you be able to rip upwards of 16bps, but you will be able to tell your buddies it's a mech frame!

Archangel-6
05-18-2004, 09:05 AM
the ULT is definately worth the $$ if you have a valve that supports it, and you don't mind tinkering with it. ALso, tank pressure is important. I have a 850/900 preset Air America 68/4500 on it, and it looses steam when the gauge reaches 1000. Set it up with a fresh fill so you know your getting a full charge...

jwalker87
05-18-2004, 10:47 AM
i have a q: I have a ReTro valve, and I know some work with the ULT and some don't. 1) how do I find out? and 2) what do I need to do ULT if I have the incompatable one?

Archangel-6
05-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Remove your on/off, and see if it has a double O-ring setup, and a single O-ring setup. If it's a dbl it will fit, if it is a single you need to have the valve drilled to accept it. Brad Nestle @baintballmaxx did mine, nice guy, and fast turnaround!

Rob

dzaide
05-18-2004, 10:54 AM
before the ult... i strongly suggest getting the xvalve!!! then go with the ult after.

my personal experience and opinions...

ult is not worth putting in on a automag or minimag valve
get the xvalve... big improvement
get the ult in the xvalve... more improvement

future upgrades - deadly wind hair trigger frame or hyperframe or modify to devil mag and buy lotsa paint!!!

Archangel-6
05-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah, you definately want to get a 2nd hand Retro, or an Xvalve to appreciate the ULT....some have sucessfully used their AIR valves, but where you improve in some areas, you suffer in others!..

Rob

Cool fool!
06-21-2004, 01:24 PM
i can fan my x-valve at 14 bps. i can also walk it. (i have strong fingers) i can do 10 walkin it. imagine wat i can do wit my ult!!!!!!

Bobsbarricades
06-21-2004, 09:12 PM
well i shot my friends RT valve and it felt identical to my classic.... I am frankly disapointed.

plus, how can you guys say "get an x-valve, big improvement" when you can't go much faster just by getting one. sometimes i think you guys are blinded by something im not seing. honestly guys, how fast can you really get on an x-vlave upgrade alone. The freakin classic can handle 16 bps and i don't think ive heard yet of someone that has hit that on a freakin rt valve, even if you do fan it (which i think is pointless because you have absolutly no control over you gun, you're relying on twiching 120% of your arm {the movement goes past your arm into your pectorals} while walking you use like 40%)

some of you say that you can have it bounce off your finger... well id like to know how the hell you do that, and if you have to have another tank...well thats another upgrade... you just spent like 400 dollars.

someone please guide me if im wrong

trains are bad
06-21-2004, 09:26 PM
It's all about the adjustable tank man. With my flatline I get mad, but barely legal reactivity, and it makes all the difference in the world because it almost eliminates short stroking--I can shoot quite fast (8-10bps) simply pulling with my middle finger, ULT or no-I have tried the ult, it's just a preference upgrade.

I can't imagine an RT mag not feeling different than a classic, the difference should be night and day.

Bobsbarricades
06-22-2004, 05:27 AM
well what kind of tank is recamended? from experience.

so when increase the incoming air pressure, you increase the reactivity of the RT? so you can have streams of paint?

ok, so im learning more about the rt valve, my friend got a really good response out of his with just a regular preset HPA tank. He mentioned something about the sear length. could someone please explain to me how to setup an rt to its maximum sweetspotting capabilities?

Cool fool!
06-23-2004, 03:29 PM
crank the input pressure way up up up and awayyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D