PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket parts......

SIGSays
10-08-2001, 10:11 AM
what do you think about the hyperframe and zvalve?? and you know those halo videos from the halo site with the mag with the hyperframe?? does that gun have a air valve or a rt valve??

and would you ever put a hyperframe and z valve on the same gun?? i heard the z valve has rt like capabilities for alot less.

rt valve: AGD quality - $275 ( i know this is better but i don't have much money right now)
z valve: S**T - $20

is it worth $20

PsychoMag
10-08-2001, 10:20 AM
They are two different things. The RT valve is godlike, and is an entire valve assembly which gives a specific and adjustable trigger "reactivity"

the Zvalve is nothing more than the on/off valve enclosed in the AIR valve of a mag. When using CO2, the valve claims to have less rundown. with nitro, there is no difference.

Between the two, there is no comparison.

SIGSays
10-08-2001, 10:50 AM
dumb me, i read somewhere that the z valve had rt valve capabilties

Threewheeler
10-08-2001, 11:07 AM
SIGSays,

Ok, You were kind of right about the "Z-Valve". In a way, it does provide somewhat of a reactive trigger, however, it is nowhere near the "kick" of the Retro.

It uses the same principle as the Retro in that the valve pin is shaped a lot the same, and air will push on the larger part of the pin therefore producing a little bit of reactiveness in the trigger with an otherwise stock A.I.R. valve.

It also is said to lighten trigger pull somewhat. I can neither confirm nor deny this however.

However, if you do use the "Z" I see no reason why you couldn't use it and a hyperframe at the same time.

Good luck,

Three

skipdogg
10-08-2001, 11:10 AM
the halo/hyperframe/mag video is with an A.I.R valve!! unreal eh?

Shaft
10-08-2001, 11:36 AM
The Z-valve is a useless POS. I bought one - before I heard of this site - and now it's desk fodder.
Tried it for about 2min then went back to stock.
It's so bad that I would feel bad to even sell it to an unsuspecting Automag user.

Still considering the Retro. My 'Mag is young though, it seems silly to replace the valve when it has no mileage on it. Maybe next year.