PDA

View Full Version : mad at paintballgear.com

yeahthatsme
05-18-2004, 03:47 PM
ok, so i ordered some stuff from paintballgear.com, the most expensive being a smart parts high efficiency bolt kit($95) for my shocker. the packing people, somehow, instead of giving me my bolt kit, put in a shocktech on/off asa, HOW DO YOU MIX UP A BOLT KIT AND AN ASA!?!?!?!

anyways, i have to SHIP THE ASA BACK TO THEM, THEN WAIT FOR THEM TO SHIP ME MY DANG BOLT KIT! so this is costing me more money and time...i am unhappy...

Thermus
05-18-2004, 03:57 PM
When a company is big, they tend to make mistakes more often. But when they don't offer to fix their mistake for free, I see that as poor business. Just don't buy from them anymore.

ZapTheMad
05-18-2004, 04:03 PM
I've had some peoblems with them too. ALWAYS check to make sure they have your item in stock. It will take months for them to get one if they don't.

The worst part is, they never tell you anything. They just ship out what they have without telling you the package is incomplete. At least they only charge you for what you got.

Then they want to charge you AGAIN for shipping when the parts come in months later. Again, you get no notice, and you better have funds available when they charge it. You also better pay attention or you might overdraw your account.

All of my problems with them could have easily been avoided with a simple email. But that seems to be beyond thier intelligence.

NoFearPaintballer
05-18-2004, 04:03 PM
dont worry youll get your stuff

and they will usually send you a tshirt

they screwed my order up and i got one

yeahthatsme
05-18-2004, 05:05 PM
i'm annoyed cus i have to pay shipping to send their screw up back, and wait even longer for my part THAT I PAYED FOR! not to mention i wont get it till next week instead of today :(

baka
05-18-2004, 05:14 PM
did you ask for a reimbursement for the shipping, ask for money or pb stuff? pbgear is a pain, but they do have pretty good cs, but i still don't order from them anymore.

Kevmaster
05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
basically...among everyone i know....it is generally accepted that Paintballgear.com is a BAD business. Them and 888 have great prices, but their service is intolerable....

just my .02

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
05-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Its conveint how they always mess up and give people cheaper stuff, then what they ordered.

Toranaga
05-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Well, last time i ordered from them, they gave me 2 of everything i ordered, so I got to make a little bit of money on ebay :)

Glickman
05-18-2004, 07:00 PM
sometimes its works out in ur favor, i think someone here got a halo b instead of a halo tsa, that must be pretty cool.

shivors
05-18-2004, 07:11 PM
10+ orders with no problems. <shrug>

68_Classic
05-18-2004, 07:58 PM
i ordered all my mag stuff from them including my mag itself and never had a problem with ne thing always got my stuff when they said i would get it

Thermus
05-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Yeah, it does work both ways though. I heard of someone who ordered a 47/3000 crossfire and received a 68/4500.

Luck of the draw.

WARPED1
05-18-2004, 08:52 PM
PBGear is so big the people in packaging have no clue what pb parts are, they are just happy to have a job.

-=Squid=-
05-18-2004, 09:00 PM
PBGear is so big the people in packaging have no clue what pb parts are, they are just happy to have a job.Just like any major company...

punkncat
05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
They will refund the money for shipping to your credit card. Mistakes happen sometimes. I am going through a tough time with a 3way that I have owned several of before with no problem. Just luck of the draw.

arsonpaintball06
05-18-2004, 09:17 PM
I dont get how soo many ppl have problems w/ pbgear.....i have gotten almost all my pball stuff from them, and have never had a problem w/ their shipping, packing, or customer service. maybe im just lucky:)

MidnightRider
05-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I actually got my order in yesterday. I ordered it a week and a half ago, BUT, the wait was my choice. They DID send me an email saying that one of the items was out of stock (may fault for not checking) and that I could either pay extra shipping to have the out-of-stock item shipped later or I could wait and get free shipping on the whole order. I waited and got my order in about 7 business days.

I have always had good luck with paintballgear. I guess I am just lucky.

Peace

MR

WARPED1
05-18-2004, 09:41 PM
I dont get how soo many ppl have problems w/ pbgear.....i have gotten almost all my pball stuff from them, and have never had a problem w/ their shipping, packing, or customer service. maybe im just lucky:)Me three.....

-=Squid=-
05-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Me three.....
Make that 4.

fire1811
05-18-2004, 10:22 PM
i have also ordered tons of stuff from them and they have only messed up my order once and it was WAY in my favor so i just reorded the part that i had already ordered.

Mr. Frodo
05-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like all the popular items are always out-of-stock?

tony3
05-18-2004, 10:31 PM
All of my problems with them could have easily been avoided with a simple email. But that seems to be beyond thier intelligence.

Or you could just either

A). Cancel your order
B). Order stuff that is instock, there is a reason they have that little feature

Automaggin2
05-18-2004, 10:53 PM
I had a problem with them awhile back. I got a bad lapco barrel with my mag and i sent it back in exchange for a dye aluminum, but it was backordered....for almost 3 months....but they failed to tell me. So I called them up and complained, so i got to pick whatever barrel i wanted, no matter hte price, free next day shipping, and a free shirt.

Bad_Dog
05-18-2004, 11:20 PM
I've ordered from them a few times and never had a problem untill now...

I ordered a bunch of stuff on may 5th.... the order was at like $85 so I figured I'd buy a new mask to put it over $100 (free shipping) well it appears that my Redz 2.2 pack was out of stock so they backordered it and shipped everything else :( and it has yet to come in stock! they told me 2-10 days! and on top of that I have to pay the extra $8 shipping to get it when it does come in stock! which is the reason whey I ordered the mask... to get free shipping!

I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow asking why I havent recieved my pack :mad:

u6e6
05-19-2004, 01:11 AM
ive had problems with them also. there service kindof sucks. i orderd a rear velocity adjuster knob, and steel brade. total of like 25 bucks right... no . insted they send me someone elses 400 dollar order and charged me for it, then i called them and i had to pay shipping and handling to send them back there mistake... and they never gave my my original order. that was 3 months ago i quit calling them after a whiel bc they never sent it.

mcdkid
05-19-2004, 09:22 AM
they are not always that bad, my friend ordered a blade trigger for his cocker and they sent him an e-blade

-=Squid=-
05-19-2004, 10:24 AM
they are not always that bad, my friend ordered a blade trigger for his cocker and they sent him an e-bladeAnd they didnt bill him for it? Thats awesome.

Fire - what was the mixup with you?

fire1811
05-19-2004, 10:28 AM
lets just say the really shipped the wrong gun on a WDP order

Miscue
05-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I had two orders with them recently. I told them to cancel my paint order on the same day I submitted it, because I found paint elsewhere. Instead, they cancel what I had on backorder and send me the paint. Now I have extra cases that I need to figure out what to do with. I could return the paint, but it's not worth it with shipping and stuff - and I don't think I should have to pay anything when they made a mistake.

I told them the error through email, and the order that was on backorder has not been fixed. I know they didn't try to shaft me or something, but the idiocy is irritating. All they had to do was look at the order number I provided, instead of doing stuff at random. And whoever answers their website email took ZERO initiative to correct the problem after having it pointed out. I called this morning, and I got the back order problem fixed. However, they will not refund the paint with shipping even though I requested it canceled like an hour after I ordered it. I think it has something to do with their silly system doesn't handle pending orders or something.

The guy on the phone told me that whoever did it probably made an assumption. My guess is this is what happened: They did not invoice it yet, pending orders don't show up (I'm guessing) so the only order I had on my account was the backordered one and they assumed this was it.

I realize that mistakes happen... and it's probably the fault of one person who screwed up... but it should cost them, not me. And, they should make an effort in fixing it - instead of ignoring the problem.

Mr. Frodo
05-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I realize that mistakes happen... but it should cost them, not me. And, they should make an effort in fixing it - instead of ignoring the problem. Probably bunch of moron kids working for them, maybe that's the reason. They just don't seem to care.

That's why everyone should use a credit card. You can dispute the charges on any mistake they make. If they sent you your paint after you cancelled the order, then you can do one of two things:

1) Thank them for the free paint. If they charge you, you can dispute it because you didn't authorize the transaction.

2) Send it back to them as long as they pay for the shipping.

Miscue
05-19-2004, 11:06 AM
That's why everyone should use a credit card. You can dispute the charges on any mistake they make. If they sent you your paint after you cancelled the order, then you can do one of two things:

1) Thank them for the free paint. If they charge you, you can dispute it because you didn't authorize the transaction.

2) Send it back to them as long as they pay for the shipping.

The thing is, I'm going to buy paint anyway. However, I'd rather wait so I can hopefully get fresher paint - Hence my reason for not pursuing this much further.