PDA

View Full Version : Do you think paintball is a dangerous sport

paintballrulzs
05-18-2004, 04:39 PM
For my statistics class I have to poll people who dont play paintball and those that do, and compare the two groups. I am assuming that everyone here plays, but just incase I made the other categories. Please only post what YOU actually feel. Don't just go along with what everyone is voting or vote incorrectly for what you feel. I need these statistics to anaylze for class.

PS - I hate teachers who give us major projects with less than 7 days remaining in our senior year :(

Thermus
05-18-2004, 04:45 PM
From the looks of it, its seems like a risky sport. Projectile weapons will always seem dangerous. But, if the correct procautions are taken to ensure saftey, like wearing a mask, its not very dangerous at all. How many people annually are killed by a paintball gun? Any paintball death I have heard of has come from a damaged tank. All the serious injuries tend to happen outside of the games themselves. There are things about it that can be considered unsafe, but I do not think the sport itself is dangerous.

davidnj
05-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Yes but no more dangerous than any other sport or activity, ie. follow the rules, use your safety gear and I really see no reason to worry.

SykoManiak
05-18-2004, 04:55 PM
As long as people aren't idiots and take the proper precautions, paintball is just as safe as any other sport. Every sport has it's risk, but if the game is played properly, everyone can have fun w/out hurting anyone.

ZapTheMad
05-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I think it's safe when safety rules are properly observed.

It also depends on if that welt is considered an injury or not :)