PDA

View Full Version : Automag Advice

Toranaga
05-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted a little advice on an inconvient situation.
Right now I have a Classic mag with an intelliframe,ULE body, stock rail, and of course the classic valve.

My situation is that I want to eventually get a colored (dont know what color yet) xvalve, but with the great prices coming from all the dealers, I dont know if i should just get a brand new one, and sell what I have right now. If I were to get a new one, it would have a ULE body, colored xvalve, stock frame (no intelli since I will be getting vert frame anyway), and no barrel, since I have one already.

So do you think it is worth it to get a new one and sell off the old stuff, or just get an xvalve now.

thanks,
Andrew

Rather
05-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Just do what I'm doing. Keep everything you have for now. Save up. And get it part by part. That way you will still be able to play and wont have a $500 hole in your pocket, all at once anyways... And of course ind a summer job (if oyu don't have one already) and cut back on non pb expences. :D

Can't wait for mine to look like this. :(
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Toranaga
05-18-2004, 06:51 PM
I may do that, but I just don't know if it will end up being cheaper to get it in one of the many package deals, and sell my stuff later. Maybe one of the dealers could give me a price on what I have listed so I can see if it really is that much of a difference (posative or negative).
Thanks again,
Andrew

dave_p
05-18-2004, 07:36 PM
for what its worth:
im keeping my minimag as stock as possible(with exception of intelliframe+level 10) and keeping it because they are now discontinued as are the classics. to me it is an engineering marvel and a work of art. i happen to like stainless steel. any future upgrades will be piecemeal and i will keep all old parts so i can restore it to original. i cant wait to see the faces when im rippin it up with my relic in 10-15 years from now. to me the classics represent a lifelong investment. the quality is that good.(not that all new agd stuff isnt, it is absolutely). i just really appreciate the vision that went into the creation of the classic mags.

so, id keep the original stuff and save for a ule custom, or build it piece by piece. a classic isnt just a marker anymore, its a piece of the history and evolution of paintball.(and still ahead of its time, imo).

68_Classic
05-19-2004, 08:26 AM
so, id keep the original stuff and save for a ule custom, or build it piece by piece. a classic isnt just a marker anymore, its a piece of the history and evolution of paintball.(and still ahead of its time, imo).[/QUOTE]

that is what i did i got my mag and bought upgrades for it peice by peice that way when i get my gun to how i want it i will have a second mag too.. one will be all modded up and the other a stock classic with all the stock parts and a level 10 maybe

Toranaga
05-19-2004, 03:35 PM
I could do that, I just would find it a waste to have 2 complete paintball guns, and the resale value of autoamg stuff isn't getting any better...
Hmm, we shall see