PDA

View Full Version : Refilling tank and leaking out the side????

knuckledragger
05-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Just got my refill station and filled 3 12oz bottles no problem. When I tried to fill my 20oz it leaked out the side of the bottle. I had it tight as I could go but it still leaks out the side. What to do????

RRfireblade
05-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Is it leaking out of the burst disc? (little brass screw on the side) If so,you ned to replace the burst disc,if not,where is it leaking?

knuckledragger
05-18-2004, 09:21 PM
It is leaking around the threads.

knuckledragger
05-18-2004, 09:22 PM
I got about 4 oz into it before the leak began. Now I can't get anymore!!!

knuckledragger
05-18-2004, 09:24 PM
What do you think of wrapping plumbers tape around the threads??

brianlojeck
05-19-2004, 01:34 AM
Just got my refill station and filled 3 12oz bottles no problem. When I tried to fill my 20oz it leaked out the side of the bottle. I had it tight as I could go but it still leaks out the side. What to do????

Do you mean the 20oz tank is screwed into the fitting in the fill rig, and co2 is leaking out of the fitting, around the threads of the tank?

If that's the case, you need a new bottle oring.

Dryden
05-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Your fill station will probably have (or should have) a rubber washer inside the female connection where you screw the bottle into. Check and see if it's still there. It might have either fallen out or been blown out if you opened the valve to the tank without a bottle hooked up. Also, as suggested, replace the bottle oring.

Do NOT use thread tape to solve the problem. It would work, but the tape will get chewed up in the threads and could easily end up getting fed through your marker and clog all those tiny air passages, then you'll have a world of new problems.

knuckledragger
05-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Wow, thanks for the advise. I don't see a washer. Sounds like the best thing I've heard, will try!!

Glickman
05-19-2004, 11:15 AM
on every fitting that reqires to be airtight, use teflon. Its not permident or extreamly hard to get off, so u dont have to worry about that like loctite, but its always good just to put i on all of your seals.

ZapTheMad
05-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Make sure the pin valve is not coming off the tank!!!