PDA

View Full Version : 12 Hours And Counting...

Target Practice
05-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Well, it's 7:30 here in SloCal. In exactly 12 hours, I have the hardest final I have ever faced in school yet. Yup, the second semester of Calculus. Ahhh, the Geometric, Taylor, and Fourier Series. The variable density, work, and concentration problems. The trigonometric substitution. The convergence and divergence tests. Man, this is gonna suck. The crappy thing is, is that I need a C on the test to get a C in the class. But if I get an A on the final, I can get a B in the class, which isn't gonna happen.

So, anyway, gonna try and get some last minute studying done. Wish me luck AO! I'm gonna need it... :(

Load SM5
05-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Good luck!

ZAust
05-18-2004, 10:07 PM
targetpractice:

do you go to cal poly? im going there next year! how is the paintball situation at the school itself? i know about brad scott's field in atascadero, but are there any other fields in the area? i was worried about a lack of fellow paintball brethren at the school, but thats turning out not to be the case.

Fixion
05-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Well, it's 7:30 here in SloCal. In exactly 12 hours, I have the hardest final I have ever faced in school yet. Yup, the second semester of Calculus. Ahhh, the Geometric, Taylor, and Fourier Series. The variable density, work, and concentration problems. The trigonometric substitution. The convergence and divergence tests. Man, this is gonna suck. The crappy thing is, is that I need a C on the test to get a C in the class. But if I get an A on the final, I can get a B in the class, which isn't gonna happen.

So, anyway, gonna try and get some last minute studying done. Wish me luck AO! I'm gonna need it... :(

HAHA.... oh wait. I have an IB Calculus final on monday :(. I HAD a B untell the last test, now I don't know what I had, but its probably not a B anymore. It was on integration using partal fractions and by parts... but without calculators, notes, or identities that we could use... :(. We aren't even allowed to use TI-89s (which I have), on account of they can do indefinate integrals and derivatives. Why do teachers have to know about these things? :confused:

djslik
05-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Cal Poly doesn't have finals yet, but i know Cuesta does. But yea...I here you on the calc stuff...the series stuff is the worst stuff ever....do you get a note sheet at least. Anywayz...good luck man...go play this weekend at breakout...hopefully my tank gets in and I might see you there.

Target Practice
05-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Well, just got back from it. I'm not getting my hopes up, so I'm planning on taking it again next year. The test was one of extremes. The easy parts were damn easy, and the hard parts were damn hard. Like I said...I needed a C to pull off a C in the class. I just hope my instructor grades it pretty easily...oh well. There is nothing wrong with retaking a class. It's only 18 bucks a unit. I'ts not like I'm payin', what, 9k a semester? Screw that...I'll take the same GE for 10% of that. Anyway, only Psychology and Economics left, and my first year of college is DONE! Well besides summer school... :rolleyes:.