PDA

View Full Version : Revvy Problems

kopfjaeger
05-18-2004, 10:54 PM
If the agitator in the revvy continues to spin with paint in the neck, does that mean the sensor eye is bad? Also, are the sensor eyes easily found at Radio Shack or some other electronics store. Thanks for the help guys.

magman#1
05-18-2004, 10:55 PM
you screwed up the wiring on your board is what it sounds like

kopfjaeger
05-18-2004, 10:59 PM
I haven't messed with any wiring, it just started doing this. Thanks for your input though.

deathstalker
05-18-2004, 11:17 PM
You might have paint (the liquid, not the ball) in your feedneck. Simplest thing to first do is clean out the feedneck. Any chance you had a chop the last time you played? Paint might have been blown up into the neck and is covering the eye.

SpecialBlend2786
05-19-2004, 04:10 AM
You might have paint (the liquid, not the ball) in your feedneck. Simplest thing to first do is clean out the feedneck. Any chance you had a chop the last time you played? Paint might have been blown up into the neck and is covering the eye.

Well, if paint is covering the eye then the revvy WONT spin your paddles. The eye waits for a gap in the ball stack before spinning the paddles, so if the eye is covered, it cannot sense the gaps and wont do anything. It basically thinks that there are balls in the neck.

..............i think :o

dave_p
05-19-2004, 05:17 AM
rust on the circuit board will do this also, a connection may be shorted.

deathstalker
05-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Well, if paint is covering the eye then the revvy WONT spin your paddles. The eye waits for a gap in the ball stack before spinning the paddles, so if the eye is covered, it cannot sense the gaps and wont do anything. It basically thinks that there are balls in the neck.

..............i think :o
Oops... my bad. :o

1ofkind
05-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I used to have a clear revy, everytime i was in sun light it would spin nonstop. I had to finally use something to cover it up.

SpecialBlend2786
05-19-2004, 05:17 PM
I used to have a clear revy, everytime i was in sun light it would spin nonstop. I had to finally use something to cover it up.

Same here. i just covered the feedneck with tape and it worked fine after that......intill someone shot it and it broke :)