PDA

View Full Version : AA geddon help

chairman_mao
05-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Did A quick search and came up empty sorry if this is a repost.

I just purchased a used AA armegeddon and the tank doesn't seem to exceed 600 psi (on the gague). I hooked it up to my mag (X-valve, ult yadda yadda) and it fires consistently (no chrono or paint). I have turned the adjustment screw until it becomes quite difficult to turn and seems to be at the end of its threading but the gague still only reads just above 600.

Is my gague off? Is there a problem in the reg itself (i.e. needs lub or worn oring)? What might I do to rectify this? The tank is a 68/45 but only has just over 1000 psi in it. I'm new to adjustable tanks and any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

vf-xx
05-19-2004, 09:55 AM
I ran into a similar problem with mine. I went to my proshop and got got a slightly longer screw, then we added some washers so that when the screw bottomed out the tank was putting out about 900psi.

ZapTheMad
05-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Perhaps the tank gauge is off. Maybe there's only 600 psi in the tank.

chairman_mao
05-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Just got a reply from AA and the tech suspected that the PTP gauges on the tank are incorrect. Can anyone recommend some gauges?

vf-xx
05-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Ashcroft are the best from what I hear, but they're big. I run dye gauges on my stuff...

joeracer355
05-19-2004, 05:06 PM
I would just go with the AA gauges. You know they will work correctly then. You can get them off their web site. Those are the only guages I will use on my 'geddon. Plus AA has the best customer service to boot.