PDA

View Full Version : Emag will not shoot right in E mode

MagShooter
10-08-2001, 01:53 PM
I played in a tourney yesterday (Sunday) with my Emag. It was cold (about 40 degrees F). My Emag worked perfectly fine in Electro mode for about 5 games. Then about halfway through the 6th game..I noticed I sometimes had to actually pull the trigger (as in actually make contact with the trigger rod to get it to fire). I noticed the trigger rod was moving around behind the trigger when firing. This caused me to piss a perfect bunkering..i ended up getting shot LOL If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing this, please help me. As much as I LOVE hybrid mode, I want to shoot in E mode.

Thanks

BlackVCG
10-08-2001, 02:00 PM
In E-Mode, the trigger shouldn't come in contact with the trigger rod. The selector block will limit the travel of the trigger in E-Mode so it won't hit the trigger rod. If in E-Mode it does not go off by the time the trigger has been pulled all the way back, screw in the magnet in the center of the trigger just a hair and test it. That should get it to work so long as you're not having an electrical problem. Actually, before you touch anything, make sure battery is fully charged. Don't trust the green light on the charger. Let it charge for a few hours. It might just have been that after those games, your battery power drained enough that it couldn't cycle the solenoid.

MagShooter
10-08-2001, 02:33 PM
I noticed that the trigger should not come into contact with the trigger rod when in E mode, But the trigger rod is moving around behind the trigger when firing. It moves up far enough that it gets into the little arch that's near the top of the trigger and stops it from firing until I pull the trigger far enough that it releases the sear from the bolt. I know that charging the battery fully will not affect the movement of the trigger rod behind the trigger. Is there any reason the trigger rod would be moving behind the trigger?

Vil3
10-08-2001, 05:40 PM
ummmm did u mess with the allen key holes on your trigger or adjust your trigger length? If you did u can turn it to far or to close where it wont pick up your shots, your battery may have been low, or you solenoid is messed up

MagShooter
10-08-2001, 05:50 PM
I have not touched the trigger besides to shoot it. I already outshoot my hopper..i dont need it any lighter/shorter. I just don't understand why it would happen in the middle of a game. Can cold weather mess up a solenoid?

RobAGD
10-08-2001, 08:20 PM
You have a few things to check.

#1 Check to make sure you have BOTh trigger magnets still glued to the trigger. Top and back of the trigger.

#2 Make sure your not in Hybrid mode ( switch pointing to the M on the grip ) you want it pointed to E.

#3 The gun WILL behave a little off when you hold it sideways or upside down and shoot it. There is trigger rod play, thats normal. When you hold the gun upright that shouldnt be a problem.

-Robert

MagShooter
10-09-2001, 10:36 AM
Ok..I did what you said, Rob and BlackVCG. I charged the battery overnight, it still does it. I have both magnets still glued to the grigger. I had it in E..and the trigger rod is still getting caught behind the trigger causing me to have to make a longer pull in E mode than I should (the trigger rod is actually getting in behind the trigger and touching the back of it by the arch in the top of the trigger in E mode..so if I don't pull a little harder I will not get a full pull so that it activates the electronics, and this messes up my rapid firing). Could this have something to do with the fact that I don't have a mechanical safety?