PDA

View Full Version : My new Back-up

1stdeadeye
05-19-2004, 06:16 PM
I can get either an Angel A-4 or an Alias. The money is about the same, but I have to include my impy for the Alias.

Anyone who has shot both and can give me some help on the plus/minus please post!

Cryer
05-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Alias has break beam eyes.

A4 has... nekkid womans

RoadDawg
05-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Well I've shot a A4 (No_Skillz's g/f's marker) and well it's nice but we in SoCal have come to realize it's a girls marker as the girls can shoot it quicker then the guys, but with other markers the guys rule. I tried a Alias the other day (Bulldog's) and it was nice and quick. I was impressed. The weight on both is incredible and the trigger is soft and smooth. Both are great choices but I suggest trying both as personal preferences do come into play on these situations.

Bulldog
05-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Ya, RD pretty much hit it on the head. I've shot both, I bought the Alias. Just personal preferance tho as both are great. I like the micro switch and lower weight of the Alias. Just a word of caution tho, after you shoot the Alias for a while, it may become your primary and your X may be the backup! :)

Thermus
05-19-2004, 07:39 PM
I would go for the a4, just because I like the look of it better. Both great guns though.

tony3
05-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Alias no doubt, breakbeam>sensi. The alias is the superior gun.

TeamNausea
05-19-2004, 07:44 PM
yeah, alias for sure!

wave_otte
05-19-2004, 07:46 PM
no offence dude but angels are chinsy as **** they break at least once every tourny. I havent tried the new bob long and im pretty confident with it anyways because bob long makes good guns. No doubt bob long you will be much happier. :cool:

Tobe2be
05-19-2004, 07:48 PM
well i shot a predetored a4 and mango's alias. i say get the alias only because its cocker threaded and it wont require for you to go get either a back or full barrel system. but what do i know..to ya im only a hub cap stealer.

1stdeadeye
05-19-2004, 07:49 PM
. but what do i know..to ya im only a hub cap stealer.

Nothing but love for you bro! :D

Whose A 4 did you shoot?

Fred
05-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Go with the Angel... everybody and their brother has a Timmy now...

that way you also have a backup for your backup with the Impulse too...

1ofkind
05-19-2004, 07:53 PM
I recently had the chance to use one, and wow this gun is the niceiest thing ever.

hAppy
05-19-2004, 08:18 PM
i had an angel, i didnt like it, i tried a speed i didnt like it
angels arent my cup of tea, the trigger sucks, and i dont like space frames

but timmys... shoot cant go wrong there. frenzies are supposed to be really something and the newer timmys are all loaded with frenzy. the eyes have never failed me. the trigger is short and sweet. try them both out, but i still say go for timmy

anxiouspaintblr
05-19-2004, 08:30 PM
go with the alias, Angels are overrated IMO

RenagadeOfFunk
05-19-2004, 08:44 PM
...I had an angel speed (not much dif. than A4 besides wieght, board, and eyes)...

...I just bought an Alias and i love it...I have a maxflow/halo/UL barrel on it and its sooo light...its about 4.5 lbs...

i also love the trigger...out of the box it rips...it is set perfect besides a spring you can take out of the grip...the spring is sort of like a bum's response trigger...its not needed...

...The Alias has a smaller profile/lighter/easier to clean chops (pull bolt pin and you can see right down the whole barrel)/and a simple yet great board...

...its your choice...but i choose the alias

barberjohn
05-19-2004, 08:55 PM
well, for me since both guns are almost the same, i would go on reliablility. now believe it or not, i have seen several alias's not working, and kids trying to get them fixed one way or another. just to say it, this is IMO, im not saying all alias's break, just a couple that i have seen. now with an A4, this will most likely not happen. as with all timmies, you have to take them apart when you get home and re-grease the ram. with an angel, you put two drops of oil in the breech, after playing like 3 days, which is soooo much nicer. i go A4, since you dont have to include your imp.

SpecialBlend2786
05-19-2004, 09:46 PM
I've actually heard that some people have had problems with the frenzy boards. I'm not sure if it's been varified yet or not.

I'd go for the A4. That way you can keep your Imp and have a nice backup for your...backup :)

JimmyBeam
05-19-2004, 10:18 PM
get the A4 Fly. it has breakbeams too

clicky (http://www.actionvillage.com/010-151-0003.html)

:D

RenagadeOfFunk
05-19-2004, 10:28 PM
...like barberjohn said SOME alias do break...then again all guns break...

...this is only seen in the first couple of batches of alias's...there was some board bugs but now they are fixed (one reason why i wanted :))...then again a lot of new rich players have them and they may not be treating them right...

robdamanii
05-19-2004, 10:32 PM
I vote for the A4. Better service, better quality control...all around a nice package.

My experience with Bob Long has been SUCK. I will never buy a product from them, ever (only if it's preowned and I KNOW it works fine). My experience with WDP has been all positive.

Just my $.02.

Dayspring
05-19-2004, 10:48 PM
The Alias is the backup. The Xmag is still his primary. :)

Cryer
05-19-2004, 11:13 PM
get the A4 Fly. it has breakbeams too

clicky (http://www.actionvillage.com/010-151-0003.html)

:D
break-beam eyes and nekkid womans! We have a winner! :p

hAppy
05-19-2004, 11:33 PM
bob longs service been good for me
delta and blast repaired and sent back my gun in about a week and a half, no questions

now i dont know how to respond to that but "OMG THANK YOU!!!" :D

Skoad
05-19-2004, 11:43 PM
http://www.dyematrix.com/forum/uploads/post-3-1084846391.jpg

bunkermaster10
05-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Come on now... Your stupid now days if you don't get a marker w/ eyes. Its 100% necessary to have them IMO.

Acer12
05-20-2004, 12:28 AM
A-4s are nice but the Alias takes the cake. they ****ing rip. I did'nt really like the a-4 i shot. if you get an angel get an ir3. theres always the DM4.

Dayspring
05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Level 10 Emag.

'nuf said.

So therefore eyes are NOT necessary. :)

Come on now... Your stupid now days if you don't get a marker w/ eyes. Its 100% necessary to have them IMO.

Big'n slo
05-20-2004, 09:26 AM
*cough*Gun whore*cough* :D

Tobe2be
05-20-2004, 09:27 AM
scott i shot mookies(tags son if im not mistaken) a4 at ultimate madness that thing was WICKED! but i would go with the alias just cuz yo wont need another barrel set. best yet wait to pandomonium and ask GA devil if he can bring one up with him that way you can try both and see what really tickels your fancy.

cphilip
05-20-2004, 09:29 AM
OK well I am going to state the obvious....

A Dallara or some kind of custom RT Pro....

You got a back up in several ways you would not have with the two choices you are concentrating on....

A back up valve for either one including and tuned level 10. Slip one out and slap the other one in. Good to go. Fix that leak later. And with a custom sluggo and rail... you got a lighter marker than any of those thats not dependent upon electronics if you want to play in the mud or rain. Can look like anything you want it to look like and custom marker. Can even go electronic at some point with Devils conversion.

You know this is the SMART thing to do.... I shouldn't have to tell you this. But enjoy whatever you chose to do.

If your looking for a body already done contact Tuna. I think he has like two of them that Colin already did. Remember blank sluggos are not available right now. But Tuna had the last three of them and Colin just finished them for him. Move fast....

wyn1370
05-20-2004, 09:30 AM
I'd vote for the alias simply because the way it feels.
I've got an A4 and an alias. They both shoot great, but I just can't get used to the way the A4 feels. (the A4's getting preditored right now)

Cryer
05-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Level 10 Emag.

'nuf said.

So therefore eyes are NOT necessary. :)

IMO, Eyes are much better. LX takes a fraction of a sec to vent and reset after a misfeed, whereas eyes prevent misfeeds.

I would be willing to sacrifice the cool factor of being able to stick my tongue in my breech for better efficiency and a good pair of break-beam eyes. ;)

Right now, I got my sights set on a DevilMag. I just have to convice my creditors its necessity :o

bunkermaster10
05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Thats what I thought back when people had ACE vs. Level 10. Plus you don't gotta tune your freaking eyes :rolleyes: . Ever person I know that has a mag w/ level 10 has a leak :( or a problem w/ it (bolt).

sitting_duck
05-20-2004, 02:55 PM
my idea of a backup has always been something that is dead nutz reliable. a marker that doesn't require adjustment, tuning, lubing, or anything more complicated that a few drops of oil every now and then. currently, my backup is a mech cocker (at least until my viking comes in :eek: ). say what you will about a cocker but it doesn't need to be messed with. it sits in my gear bag and stays there untill i need it as a back up or a loaner and when i do break it out i don't worry if it will fire correctly. after the day is over, i wipe it off and throw it back in the bag. like i said, a backup should require little, if any, tinkering to keep it running.

1stdeadeye
05-20-2004, 03:05 PM
I have lots of back ups: R/T Classic, Cocker, Tippman 98, Impulse, Viper, Etc...

I just want a tourney level electro as a back up to the X-Mag. I might have a deal worked out, so look for pics soon!

1ofkind
05-20-2004, 07:13 PM
That many guns man, wow! I think its time to admit we have a problem man lol :p

UltimatePaintballer
05-20-2004, 07:27 PM
if you have to trade your impy plus the same amount of cash for a alias, sell your impy and get a a-4 fly.

Automaggin2
05-20-2004, 07:42 PM
no offence dude but angels are chinsy as **** they break at least once every tourny. I havent tried the new bob long and im pretty confident with it anyways because bob long makes good guns. No doubt bob long you will be much happier. :cool:

LOL I find angels are some of the nicest markers in terms of quality. Maybe its just me. And I never see angels go down, I see so many other guns go down before an angel. But almost everyone I know with angels shoot LCDs, or IR3's.

Digits
05-20-2004, 08:39 PM
man level X sucks.. Good invention and all.. Good for a mech marker but I would never take it over eyes.. Maybe over reflective.. But still.. That would be about equal IMO..

but hell.. My hypermag had LX installed, and I had a halo on top and it still broke paint.. I'm guessing it was the hyperframe screwing crap up... But still.. Eyes > Lvl X

So blah i'm done

Take a dm4.. The anno is so smooth.. I could rub my body all over it for days.. An alias won't allow you to do this.. Serious.. Just touch a DM4.. Crazy smooth

punkncat
05-20-2004, 08:51 PM
I have lots of back ups: R/T Classic, Cocker, Tippman 98, Impulse, Viper, Etc...

I also have lots of backups. I am on one of mine now while I wait for logic to finish my rail,frame,and "foregrip" battery pack..... the cocker , then classic mag , then tippy , then punisher.

1stdeadeye
05-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Damn!! :mad:

3 week wait for an Alias!

Maybe I'll go back to the Shocker again.

Cryer
05-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Damn!! :mad:

3 week wait for an Alias!

Maybe I'll go back to the Shocker again.

3 week wait for an alias...

hmmm...

How long did you wait for your X? ;)

1stdeadeye
05-21-2004, 07:48 PM
3 week wait for an alias...

hmmm...

How long did you wait for your X? ;)

4 months. But I used up all of my marker patience then!!!!

:p

AGDlover
05-21-2004, 08:40 PM
get the timmy the Angels got soo much BS that you'll never use its not funny

Cryer
05-22-2004, 11:59 AM
I think, if youre not getting an alias, spring for the flyA4... That or a nice trix.

(Shockers are nice, but the wait for an alias would have to be a little longer for me;))

Just my 2cents...

tony3
05-22-2004, 04:17 PM
I'd definitely wait for the alias, its well worth it, they flat out rip.