PDA

View Full Version : x-mag electronics broke

strange053
05-19-2004, 06:43 PM
:mad: my x-mag has no power what so ever. The battery is fully charged the ground screw is tighted and all wires are secure, and yet it still does not turn on. I have looked on this forum and tried everything suggested and nothing has worked. As of now I have a $1300 RT! Now im pretty sure my warrenty is up and if I send it back to AGD am going to have to pay for the repairs or are they going to cover it since electronics always seem to be in gods hands? :confused:

Tobe2be
05-19-2004, 06:54 PM
do you have your on/off switch set back? that might be the problem pin out and turn it on

Fanatic
05-19-2004, 07:35 PM
well some emags have the same problem
check your magnet on your trigger
it might be too close to the hal sensor
back it up alot and turn it on
then if it comes back on
adjust it from there
good luck

deathstalker
05-19-2004, 09:29 PM
The board has a one year warranty so you might be in luck.

"Warranties in regards to E-Mags, X-mags and any future Electronic marker made by AGD. Boards will only carry a 1 year warranty and is not considered transferable. A copy of a receipt will be required when performing any repair/replacement of any electronic board found on an X-mag, E-mag, or any future electronic marker made by Airgun Designs Inc."

http://www.airgun.com/WarrantyPolicy.shtml

strange053
05-19-2004, 09:58 PM
YES I checked the power switch and backed the magnet out, but my problem is that the LED dosent even light up or anything. I am very upset at AGD!! They are supposed to make extremely durable and reliable paintball products they stand behind 100%! My experience with this gun has been very disheartening and the fact that I spent a small fortune on it "enough to buy a car" is just makes me not want to ever buy a AGD product again!!

deathstalker
05-20-2004, 06:59 AM
How long have you owned it and have you contacted AGD about it yet?

PIT
05-20-2004, 07:43 AM
definitely contact ADG about this problem.
AGD does support their products very well. I had a problem with my x-mag a few months back and I believe it ended up being a blown ace board.
I had talked to an AGD tech and he told me to send it in, which I did, and they fixed it at no charge.

hitech
05-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Make sure the battery tabs are making contact. If they do not look like the are up enough bend them up a little. It worked for me. :D

Recon by Fire
05-20-2004, 10:45 PM
My X-mag is about 2 years+ old and AGD just recently fixed my board and upgraded my software, and even adjusted the trigger. Cost me about $15.

White_Noise
05-21-2004, 11:17 PM
i live an hour away from agd, and have been in there twice now, and my teammates ahve been in there too, we always get taken care of good by the techs and our equipment is ripping when we walk out

Fanatic
05-22-2004, 12:42 AM
well there is one more option you can to

the battery terminals right on the frame that makes direct contact with the battery leads...

check those connections..
there is a plastic spacer that is between the positive wire and the frames itself
make sure your positive wire is not touching the frame or the connector is not touching the frame and grounding out..it might be due to a damage plastic spacer.

worst case scenario is that your positive wire is torn somewhere and grounding to the frame... follow it to the board
and then varify that no metal flakes or any loose junk is grounding the board to the frame other than the grounding screw.

did you check the battery as soon as you charged it..via volt tester
could even be your battery charger might be on the fritz so might as well check everything

and if that doest find the problem...give that guy TOM K a ring...i heard he works for AGD..dunno what the hell he does..but he'll hook you up