PDA

View Full Version : Same Old Question....Again....

mjs1217
05-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Ok, I promise, this is the last thread like this that I will make for the rest of the month. :D

I can't get the topic off my head, so here is that same old question again, but slightly rephrased:

What is a car, that can be bought brand new for under 25,000, that is so incredibly enjoyable to drive that you wake up in the morning and go "rawr...school today....but at least I get to drive my car :D"?

The most important aspect of my dream car is the fun factor. But, this is followed pretty closely by safety (yes, I am a teenager who actually cares about safety!), then comfort, and finally speed (Doesn't need to be fast...Just preferably not slow).

I've been thinking about maybe an Acura RSX or Mazda RX-8. Please give me all the suggestions you can, and I will try my best to refrain from making any thread resembling this one again for the rest of the month.

Thanks, and thankyou in advance for not getting pissed and flaming me :D,
-mjs

countchocula54
05-19-2004, 07:47 PM
subaru wrx...or check out the new lancer evo's...i dont think they are over 25,000...i think the wrx is around 22,000...and the new lancer evos i have no idea...i just saw them on a car evaluation show....but id go with those if i had the money

Person
05-19-2004, 08:09 PM
a 350z and a honda s2000 are definately the best cars for the money in that range. the Z can be like 22 grand - 32 depending on options....s2000 is a smaller car more of a factory rice rocket. I dont like the wrx's too much because they are just so turbo...turbo lag..

MrWallen
05-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Love mah WRX, though it doesn't make going to school in the morning any easier. (hmm, maybe because its less than a 3 minute drive???)

TylerDurden
05-19-2004, 08:32 PM
^
None of the cars listed above even start for under 25k new. The Evo and s2000 are in the 30s. You may want to consider:

Dodge Neon SRT-4

Honda Civic Si

Acura RSX Type S

Mitsubishi Eclipse- though not recommended-weighs close to 3300 lbs. and doesn't even come w/anti lock brakes as an option.

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

or a
Mini-Cooper=street legal go cart :cool:

mjs1217
05-19-2004, 09:15 PM
^
None of the cars listed above even start for under 25k new. The Evo and s2000 are in the 30s. You may want to consider:

Dodge Neon SRT-4

Honda Civic Si

Acura RSX Type S

Mitsubishi Eclipse- though not recommended-weighs close to 3300 lbs. and doesn't even come w/anti lock brakes as an option.

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

or a
Mini-Cooper=street legal go cart :cool:

Wow...
You suck. Heh, first your name is 10 times cooler than mine, and then you make enough suggestions to kill this thread before it started :D

I personally like the RSX ALOT, especially with the A-Spec body kit (makes it look more like an Integra ), and I am also considering the Lancer Ralliart, because I hear they handle as well as an Evo8, just not as fast. However, I don't really like the SRT-4, even though it is incredibly fast for the price. And the Civic Si looks a little too....I just dont like it all that much.

But I definitly like the RSX and the Lancer, thanks for the suggestions.

Please keep em comin,
-mjs

TylerDurden
05-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Chevy Aveo-12k leaving lots of room for mods

Ford Mustang coupe-18k, convertible-24k, Gt convertible-24k

Ford Focus SVT-18k

Any of the Scion cars-12-18k depending on model

Chevy cavalier

mjs1217
05-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Chevy Aveo-12k leaving lots of room for mods

Ford Mustang coupe-18k, convertible-24k, Gt convertible-24k

Ford Focus SVT-18k

Any of the Scion cars-12-18k depending on model

Chevy cavalier

Meh, I don't really like the Aveo too much, and same deal with the Focus and Cavalier.

The Scions I hear are really slow though, but I don't know too much about them.

And about the Mustang GT, has anyone here driven one of the 1999-2004 ones? How do they handle?

Thanks,
-mjs

P.S. Thanks for all the help Tyler, appreciate it.

vf-xx
05-20-2004, 03:19 PM
If you're looking at a mustang I strongly suggest waiting till this fall and going for one of the new 05 ones. Much better....

mjs1217
05-20-2004, 03:58 PM
If you're looking at a mustang I strongly suggest waiting till this fall and going for one of the new 05 ones. Much better....

I will definitly be doing that, but (even though it will be a new chasis and suspension all-together) I am still curiosu about how the current ones handle.

But yea, the new Mustangs look awesome!

Target Practice
05-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Go with the Mini. Those things are the ****. Plenty of room inside too, btw. Come on, lets face it. It's a chick magnet. If I didn't have so much crap to haul around, I would sell my truck in a heartbeat to get one.

i_baked_cookies
05-20-2004, 04:19 PM
if you want to avoid the ricer/poser/looser image, then go with the mini. they are great cars, and they are fast (as long as you get the s)

mjs1217
05-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Go with the Mini. Those things are the ****. Plenty of room inside too, btw. Come on, lets face it. It's a chick magnet. If I didn't have so much crap to haul around, I would sell my truck in a heartbeat to get one.

Meh, I want a little more of a tuner-type car, which I don't really think the Mini is. While I really like the Mini Cooper, I just don't think it's for me...