PDA

View Full Version : i feel so bad about this but dropping my mag trading it for a Spyder

Mojojojo
10-08-2001, 02:16 PM
i feel bad about this but...i'm dropping my mag.. i'm trading it in for a really nice spyder...but before i get flamed here are my reasons....... chops paint like crazy, leaks air, can't play in the cold...and i'm just not liking it right now.,...and i can't afford to put paint thru it....i mean i'm getting a job in a few weeks...and still when i'm behind the trigger of my mag..i just ripi can't pry my finger off the trigger

Eric

i-luv-my-rt
10-08-2001, 02:33 PM
It is not the mags fault for your problems. People are told time after time that it takes a little time to fully get used to a mags trigger. It is a pull that needs a precise pull, there is small room for error on it. All the way back, all the way forward. Mags can work good in the cold, co2 is very hard to get to work on a mag w/o error. Leaks b/c you dont know how to use it, there is a tech forum here for a reason. Take these comments into consideration when you have a problem with any gun. Good luck with your spyder!!!

DarkPhoenix
10-08-2001, 02:56 PM
Don't feel bad about it. We in the forum have always said that it is not the gun which makes the player. If you feel more comfortable shooting a spyder than a automag, we must respect your decision. I own a spyder, it was the first paintball marker I have ever owned. I still have it. I enjoy all the markers that I own, but I have grown through each of them going to the next and the next. This process is different for everyone. And now, I am moving to what I think is the next step for me, an E-mag.

Do not flame him for chosing to go to a Spyder. The spyder is a good gun with problems as well. The spyder is a gun which are and have been used/owned by a great majority of those who proudly call themselves paintball players today.

Good luck in your next step. I would be proud to play with you on the field. See you there....

Prezents
10-08-2001, 03:12 PM
Dont feel bad, I still shoot my trracer, I have been shooting it for over 7 years and people are amazed when I set my mag down and pick it up.
As said in the other posts, it takes time to lean the trigger, I figure about a month and that should get use to it. Leaks is something you have to know the marker and what is the cause and what is the cure, this all takes time, and more time......
All that matters is that you have FUN!!!! no matter what marker you shoot, you are in the best sport in the world and you are a paintball player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prezentshttp://www.mauisun.org/ubb/smilies/cwm9.gif

Mojojojo
10-08-2001, 03:45 PM
dude, it's not that i don't know how to handle it..i can handle it's just when i see something that i can hit, i won't stop until he/she is gone and plus i've had the gun for like 2 yrs....also it leaks b/c i never had the money to replace the thumb twist screw that holds the reg in...i ended up using a regular bolt...but anyways, i'm also tired of seeing my friends running away from me, i feel that maybe if i have a gun that is just like theirs, they will know that my gun works the same as theirs, and they won't be afraid of me...

one guy once said..... "its not the gun but the player"

i've gone from talon, to a bruizer, to a rainmaker, to my automag..and now i feel...i've got the skill against who i'm playing against...that i don't need to throw massive amnts of paint to eliminate someone...and plus, this past weekend, i just whipped out my old school skill that i never got to use, b/c ppl were afraid of me and my mag...i ended up using my bros spyder 2001...i loved the experience.....

my friend brought it up, and i decided to do it b/c he owns a store, and anything i need he has it..and i feel that it is a good deal..so...i won't leave this forum, cause maybe i'll come back to the clan of automags..but for now, i'm going to hone my skills w/ this spyder and see how i like....so for now

signing off
Eric

Mojojojo
10-08-2001, 04:05 PM
also, i recently got a car, during the summer..and most of my b-day money is going towards the system and tech problems so i'm gonna have a shortage of fire fights in the next few months anyways./...i'll keep you all posted....for all those who care

Eric

Muzikman
10-08-2001, 04:08 PM
Mojojojo,
Where do you play at? I live in Penn Hills and seeing as sewickley is only 20 mins away, we should meet up for a game some time.

Temo Vryce
10-08-2001, 04:27 PM
You should be ashamed or feel bad about giveing up the Mag for a syder. The Syder is a very good line of marker and I highly recommend them to any new or old player. You just might not be able to shot a mag I have a few friends that are like that. Personally I can a Mag sign but a Cocker or any other Marker with a striaght pull trigger, just crooks in my hands. Sure I can do single shots with them but rapid fire is out of the question. Have fin with the Sypder, and hunt down your friends like the dogsthey are. j/k

Mojojojo
10-08-2001, 06:06 PM
Muzikman- i live by the mt nebo exit off of i-79

thnx everyone i forgot how supportive everyone was on here...

well tomorrow i'm going down to the shop, and building the gun and testing it..to my likings...hey..love the mags...but i had an awesome time over the weekend w/ the '00............. so far..

spyder
d/f stock
expansion chamber
2-3 barrels
revvy
harness
and some other things i still got like 75-100 bux maybe more for the trade

Eric