PDA

View Full Version : Could i....

ryanshep
05-19-2004, 08:52 PM
technically could i buy a micro mag rt, and emag lowers with the rail could i make it a micro e mag or would i have to buy a new rail?

on another note, i was wondering whats the pull of an x-valve'd ult mech mag compared to a e-mag on mech mode? and would it be worth trading my rjr vision imp for a mech mag cuz tell u the truth i dont like my impy :( thanks for all the advice btw i play back, could a mech mag give me the rof that i would need to hold down all those sly and dirty front players?
-ryan

ryanshep
05-20-2004, 04:22 PM
anyone out there?.....*hears crickets chirping...*

bokraham
05-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Yes that could work with the emag lowers and all. An x valve with ult is walkable if you are good at walking. Check out the deadly wind hair trigger in the forum above this.

Z-man
05-20-2004, 05:32 PM
With regard to your Micro RT/E-Mag build, I don not think that is possible. The PTP Micro body has the rail integrated into the body and has a different position where the sear rests. I think that the tolerances for the sear and solenoid will not allow for this.

Regarding your other question let me start off by mentioning that the X-Valve is the exact same valve as the E-Mag or standard RT Pro valve. They will both "feel" the same with a tuned ULT. Now having said that, the ULT installed on a RT/X-Valve is MUCH lighter (~15oz pull) and softer a pull than the stock RT on/off (or E-Mag in mech mode). It is in fact a walkable mech trigger. Though not as light as an electonic trigger, I have seen people do 16bps with them.

Would it be worth trading an Imp for a mech Mag? Well it depends on what kind of paintball you play and of course how much you like the feel of the RT. For general paintball and recball play, I LOVE my RT. It's light, fast, and rock solid. However, its not my choice for tournament play as the "bounce" of the RT can be an issue at times. I HIGHLY suggest you shoot a mech RT with and without a ULT.