PDA

View Full Version : Help! Adding a stereo to my golf bag.

ShooterJM
05-20-2004, 10:47 AM
So I'm in a rather laid back golf league. Actually very very laid back. It's mostly about the drinking and shooting the breeze then the actual golf. Couple that with the fact that we're the only ones on the course when we play and that pretty much gives me liberty to do things on a golf course that are usually looked down upon. :D

Given this freedom, I'm hoping to install a small stereo into my golf bag. I've cleared three pockets for room and am looking for some applicable speakers.

Here's where I need help. I'm looking for a speaker set that's relatively small, and works either from batteries or on the cd players power source. That is the key at this point. I'm not looking for loud and obnoxious. Just a little bit in the way of tunes while walking the course. Any suggestions? I've heard of small, cheap, waterproof inflatable speakers but haven't actually seen any of em, anyone have experiance with them?

Big'n slo
05-20-2004, 10:51 AM
I've used older computer speakers (battery powered) with a discman to accomplish the same basic idea. As a matter of fact I'm using it now at my desk :D

cphilip
05-20-2004, 11:00 AM
I would use and iPod with speakers. Perfect for this. Only one pocket needed. See these mounted on Scooters and motorcycles and everything else you can thing of like that. Should work wonderfull for a golf bag. Carry everything you own music wise on one of them.

RRfireblade
05-20-2004, 11:11 AM
I would use and iPod with speakers. Perfect for this. Only one pocket needed. See these mounted on Scooters and motorcycles and everything else you can thing of like that. Should work wonderfull for a golf bag. Carry everything you own music wise on one of them.

Yeah,that's sounds like a good way to go.

ShooterJM
05-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Hmmm haven't looked much into Ipods. I may have to do that though. Do they have a model that has a remote by chance? Currently I was looking at a cd player that used those little 3 inch cd's with mp3's on em. Can be used with a remote, and runs under about $50.

As for speakers a guy at work just told me best buy has a three piece set that can be run off of batteries. And it includes a little 4" sub! Hehehehe

cphilip
05-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Hmmm haven't looked much into Ipods. I may have to do that though. Do they have a model that has a remote by chance? Currently I was looking at a cd player that used those little 3 inch cd's with mp3's on em. Can be used with a remote, and runs under about $50.

As for speakers a guy at work just told me best buy has a three piece set that can be run off of batteries. And it includes a little 4" sub! Hehehehe

Well the thing is like small as a remote already... But I do not know if there is a remote for them.

plus its self powered and you can set it to play by various selections and random or whatever. Very large selection of that sort of selectable things.

I do not think the speakers need external power when plugged to it.

Dryden
05-20-2004, 11:40 AM
You're all getting way too technical with this nonsense about iPods and CD players and whatnot. When I think of a stereo in a golf bag, I think of Rodney's in-dash AM/FM cassette radio in his golf bag from Caddyshack! :)

http://www.totalexposuredesigns.com/images/frat_gallery/154.jpg

swanster
05-20-2004, 12:02 PM
i pods have wired and wireless remotes. i think the wireless ones go for around £40.00, don't know what that is in dollars

ShooterJM
05-20-2004, 03:27 PM
i pods have wired and wireless remotes. i think the wireless ones go for around £40.00, don't know what that is in dollars

Cool! Thanks man! I just want to be able to shut it off or on without having to be right at my bag.