PDA

View Full Version : Questions & Comments About My New X-Mag

staticpike
05-20-2004, 03:05 PM
I just bought my first AGD product Tuesday in the form of an dust-black X-Mag from Tunaman. I had shopped around for a high level marker for some time and after shooting several Shockers, Cockers, Impulses, and Angels in my pursuit, I decided I wanted something equally capable but even more unique. I've only field tested the gun in my back yard (first play time with it will be Saturday) but here are some questions and comments that I've come up with.

1. I love the feel of this gun. I've held it side by side with my roommates shocker and with guns ready to play (with hoppers and tanks) the guns share an almost identical profile. The X-mag is heavier, but I'm not a wuss :D

2. Gas efficiency. Since I haven't actually played in the field with it yet I can't speak completely proficient on this; but I was shooting targets in the back yard with it, and it seemed like it was really using a lot of air. If I laid into the trigger, I know I could see the guage on my bottle dropping... Am I just looney or is can I improve efficiency?

3. The different trigger modes are incredible. Electro, Electro-Mechanical, and Mechanical. This little ability alone wins me over the other high-ends. I'm hoping when the next generation of AGD products come out, they retain this little skill!

4. I'm running AGD software ver 3.2 but where's the game timer that I read about? In fact, I've even got a certain selectable option thats 'BFSHF' (or something similar, can't remember the exact lettering) but it's a numerical option that is adjustable from 0-80 with the factory preset at 50. Can some tell me what this is?

5. Are gold cup and AutoLube the exact same? I was trying to find AutoLube while I was waiting for the gun to arrive and none of my local guys had heard of it. Whe the gun got here, I noticed that on the bottle of autolube that came with it, it states that it's a product of Gold Cup...

6. Does anyone know just how many X-mags were made before they discontinued production? I love having a rare gun made by a great company!

7. And finally hats off to Tom Kaye & the whole AGD crew as well as all the folks who post here at Automags.org. I did a lot of research on my differnet options before I purchased this one, and this site as well as the business ethics of AGD really won me over (I even watched a VHS video about maintenance and repair of the Automag Classic from 92-93 with a very young Tom Kaye in it...). Keep of the good support and good products and the customers will keep coming back...!

Thanks for any replies in advance and forgive things that I missed in my searches!

1stdeadeye
05-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the club.

It is a great marker that you'll enjoy for a long time!3

The BF SHF I believe is the shot buffering.

Gold cup will work fine in the X.

The efficiency is fine. It is better then the shockers!

wyn1370
05-20-2004, 03:17 PM
It is better then the shockers!
not if you have the high efficiency bolt

firebanex
05-20-2004, 03:20 PM
as long as you like it then you don't need to worry about anything else.

Joni
05-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I just wonder if anyone knows if there is any difference between autolube and gold cup? The bottles look the same, and so does the oil.