PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot is back together!!!!!! YES!!!!

Mango
05-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Ok this might be old news to everyone but I am so happy. So so happy! :D

Watch the video HERE! (http://launch.yahoo.com/)

i_baked_cookies
05-20-2004, 03:58 PM
i have the whole album and it is incredible. although there is less screaming, the guitar has improved by 6000 percent and cory's voice is so much better. only second to rage against the machine because it doesnt really have a prevalent point to it.

Mango
05-20-2004, 04:00 PM
where did you get the CD????

i_baked_cookies
05-20-2004, 04:08 PM
a friend i have downloads so much music its not even funny... he gave me download of the cd and the clip of when they were on jay leno a few nights ago

if you dont like downloading music then buy it... if your a slipknot fan this will blow you away

gamarada717
05-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Wow, I used to hate most of their stuff, but this is pretty awesome! :)

jdev
05-20-2004, 04:50 PM
oh man, I love slipknot.

im getting the new album now, should be finished in a few minutes ;)

notcreative
05-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Being a Slipknot fan and being from Iowa and i live close to Des Moines i follow them pretty closely there first concert togther was in Des Moines and was a great show but that video was shot in Des Moines lots of people showed up for it. But to the person that has all of there stuff do you have there first ever CD (the one with the Tech-no music and stuff) that CD is weird.

P.S. since this is a paintball forum i thought you guys would like to know some of the guys off slipknot do play paintball and i have played with them before.

SpecialBlend2786
05-20-2004, 04:53 PM
awesome. Stone Sour failed to impress me much, so I'm glad that they are back together. I hope their new CD isn't like Iowa.....which sucked in my opinion.

taylor492
05-20-2004, 05:09 PM
slipknot? Riiiiiiigggghhhhttttt[/Dr. Evil]

i_baked_cookies
05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
their new cd is so much different than any of their other music. its still slipknot, but theyve taken a whole different approach to how their music sounds.

edweird
05-20-2004, 05:47 PM
yeah I found this out a while ago when I saw them on the Ozzfest bill. about 2 weeks ago I heard that they were releaseing a CD this week and last week they premeired the Duality video on Mtv2 on the new Headbangers ball...

btw watch the new Headbangers ball on Mtv2 if ya can... lots of cool stuff there. jamie from Hatebreed Hosts it normally and well its pretty sweet.

WickeDKlowN
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM
I've had the CD for like 3 days now. It's all over IRC *cough*www.ircspy.com*cough*

It's pretty good, but I like the older ones better. With the soft and acoustic stuff, it's too much like StoneSour for me(which isn't a bad thing, I like StoneSour too but they're 2 totally different bands).

WickeDKlowN
05-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Being a Slipknot fan and being from Iowa and i live close to Des Moines i follow them pretty closely there first concert togther was in Des Moines and was a great show but that video was shot in Des Moines lots of people showed up for it. But to the person that has all of there stuff do you have there first ever CD (the one with the Tech-no music and stuff) that CD is weird.

P.S. since this is a paintball forum i thought you guys would like to know some of the guys off slipknot do play paintball and i have played with them before.
I've got it (If you're talking about Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeate.) I don't really care for it.

edweird
05-20-2004, 06:18 PM
MFKR isnt really all that good... after all its mostly a single. 99.999% of people will regard the self titled album as the breakout "First album".

I have yet to buy the new album... I plan on buying it this weekend, however I was not expecting slipknot to throttle it back and do stonesour-esque tunes.

anyhow these guys put 300% effort into the live show and anything harder would most likley cause them to 'splode

jdev
05-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I finished listening to the album

you can sense some hints of stonesour in there, but, joey definitely keeps it in check with the drum beats that you have known to come from slipknot.

man, I would love to meet joey jordison, he is an excellent drum player, and Im sure the rest of the band is as equally interesting as well.. man, I would love to meet them all, but, would settle for meeting joey.

in short, i'd say its safe to pick up this album. Its not to hard, yet not soft by any means. a nice happy-medium

ASDadam
05-20-2004, 07:20 PM
New Stuff is stonesour and old slipknot combined. Makes for a....different sound. Can't say i really like it or hate it yet but i'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Btw, anyone ever been to a Slipknot show and jumped in the pit? Ahhhh definately an incredible event on its own. The pit is its own show with slipknot.

tony3
05-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I like the old stuff more, but this album is nothing to cry over, good stuff.

notcreative
05-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Slipknot's National break out hit was Wait and Bleed. that is the one everybody like to listen to.

and on another note if you have ever listed to the CD wait and bleed is on and go to the last song wait 15 minutes and ya know we they are talking and listing to what we all know they are listening to. That is German Fedish film and i personnally do not want to watch it

edweird
05-21-2004, 02:01 AM
Btw, anyone ever been to a Slipknot show and jumped in the pit? Ahhhh definately an incredible event on its own. The pit is its own show with slipknot.

hands down Slipknot shows are the hardest thing this side of straight edge hardcore shows. Ive seen Pantera, Slayer, Rage, GWAR and in sheer intensity Slipknot has them all beat in the live show. The others are amazing but they lack the pure energy that slipknot seems to drip...

Anyhow ive seen Slipknot 4 times, 2 of which was at insanly small venues.

TraXeR
05-21-2004, 07:01 AM
I like that they're back and all, hellt their masks just plain 'rawk' now! But I think their sound is just changed too much. I'll likely get the album off the net, but their old stuff is just SOO much better. Corey's voice is too clear now, I loved it when he was raspy and sounded like he was just screaming from pain. Ah well, I'm still happy they are back they were my fav band for 3 years, hell I had their 2nd album in my CD player for a good 9 months straight.

*runs off to listen to Spit it Out*

coolcatpete
05-21-2004, 09:31 AM
OH man I hate them you go to listen to jimmy hendrix
Pete

-=Squid=-
05-21-2004, 10:36 AM
GWAR
...certainly put on an interesting show.

WickeDKlowN
05-21-2004, 04:12 PM
MFKR isnt really all that good... after all its mostly a single. 99.999% of people will regard the self titled album as the breakout "First album".

I have yet to buy the new album... I plan on buying it this weekend, however I was not expecting slipknot to throttle it back and do stonesour-esque tunes.

anyhow these guys put 300% effort into the live show and anything harder would most likley cause them to 'splode
It doesn't come out "officially" till tuesday, so you might not be able to find it over the weekend.

The first show on the Jager tour was an hour from my house, I was one of the 1st people at my school to know about it, but they STILL sold out before I could get tickets :( that intensley pissed me off but I'm over it by now... Besides, I get to see them at Ozzfest this year.

edweird
05-21-2004, 05:53 PM
but they STILL sold out before I could get tickets :(

yeah same deal here... a couple weeks ago they had a show here in phoenix and I jockey'd to schedule my dental appt so I could make it to the show... who cares if I cant feel my face? its slipknot!

but anyhow the same day I jocked to get out of working nights that friday the show sold out. :mad: :mad:

atm743
05-21-2004, 08:27 PM
ya true i was the same way. i hated them intill i heard their new song. i love it. go here to www.antipopvideos.com you can get the new music video and its in really really good quality!! i love them now!!:D

Wow, I used to hate most of their stuff, but this is pretty awesome! :)