PDA

View Full Version : In Need of Some HPA Advice

Bushman
10-08-2001, 03:19 PM
I run a Plain Jane 68 AutoMag, and I am thinking about switching from CO2 to HPA.
The tank that I am leaning towards is a PMI Pure Energy preset 88 cu in, 4500 PSI fiber wrapped tank.
I was just wondering about the benefits of installing a pressure regulator such as the PMI Pure Energy vertical reg.
Thanx in advance.

Bartman
10-08-2001, 03:48 PM
The 2 main benifits that I can see over CO2 would be, no freexing up of your gun, and more shot to shot consistancy.

Bartman
team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org

j.t.
10-08-2001, 04:01 PM
I would go with a Crossfire 68ci 4500 over the Pure Energy version. It is much cheaper and offers the same performance.
As for an aftermarket regulator, you may not need one. With an aftermarket regulator and a compressed air tank on an automag, you would be regulating the air three times. The reason an aftermarket vertical fore grip is not needed is that the mag all ready has a regulator. Adding another would be nearly pointless.
The best way to go is get a standard fore grip (not a regulator or expansion chamber). An expansion chamber would make your consistency bad unless it's only a grip and there is no air flow thru it, and a regulator would be a waist of money. A standard fore grip and a hose from the C.A. adapter strait to the A.I.R. valve is the cheapest way to go, and my personal favorite setup.
:D

[M@g_D@ddy]
10-08-2001, 07:00 PM
dude, get a kapp foregrip w/ kapp f/g xtender. all the sweet 'mags have those.

jah871
10-08-2001, 07:24 PM
just get a foregrip skip the foregrip reg cuz it will uasually starve the valve and create shootdown. i know a lot of people at my field that this has happened too

Bushman
10-09-2001, 11:02 PM
Thanx gentlemen.
You just saved me a good chunk of change.

mrhooie
10-10-2001, 08:36 AM
yes......money he could have spent with me....hoo boy..

or not... HA

isn't this the best forum bushman?

Bushman
10-10-2001, 08:58 AM
Well MrHooie.
As if there was any doubt that I would be spending any and all of my disposable income at you little shop.
And yes, this is one excellent forum.
The best I've been on.
Good work gentlemen.