PDA

View Full Version : City of Heroes ... Anyone play?

digitard
05-21-2004, 03:31 AM
Okay,
I'm the LAST person you'd think you'll find playin' this game cause I'm the biggest MMORPG basher on this earth (I took my Everquest beta disc they sent me to test for the PS2 and burnt it and hung it on my wall at work so the 2 EQ guys near me would feel sad they couldn't play it 8 months early... yeah.. im mean).

But in any case... I was testing this game a while back and LOVED it. It mixes fast gameplay with some MMORPG elements (Backstory, group play, etc) ... it was a nice enough mix i ACTUALLY bought it and still play it.

I have a few higher level char's but I just made a new one now to keep playin' with my old boss cause he's pretty cool. In any case... if any of you play I'm on the VIRTUE server ... My 2 most common char names are.

1) Umbra Solaris: Level 14 blaster
2) Beginning: Level 3 (just created) Blaster

Ya gotta love that 2nd one... if you highlight him it says "The Beginning".

In any case ... yeah. Anyone else play?

Dave

Restola
05-21-2004, 09:05 AM
I have a character on justice. Still only lvl 5. Controller grav/emp. I've barely had any time to play since I bought it, but I hope to really give it a try this weekend. It's a fun game, the 5th MMORPG I've tried (Although only two others I played for any significant amount of time, HZ for 2 months, and AC2 17 months and counting). Not sure about how well it will last though. It lacks a lot of the standard features.

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Myself and PissedGodzilla are on the Victory server.

I go by Dayspring (big surprise)-Level 5 Blaster- and 'zilla goes by Fyregod.

Miscue
05-21-2004, 11:05 AM
I might get a copy if you guys play. MMORPGs are way funner with people you know.

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 11:08 AM
We'd just need a central server. And unfortunately, the characters aren't portable from one server to another. :(

Miscue
05-21-2004, 11:24 AM
We'd just need a central server. And unfortunately, the characters aren't portable from one server to another. :(

That's retarded. They going to fix that?

It looks fun, so I'll pick up a copy today.

Mango
05-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Yo if you guys play I too will pick up a copy. I know Albinonewt has a copy already. Victory Server right?

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Mango- yes. Victory

Q- Wish I knew. They are coming out with the PVP content this december called City of Villains. Maybe it's in that release.

ntn4502
05-21-2004, 01:22 PM
how much is it a month?

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 01:27 PM
$13 or so. You can buy a block of like 3 months for $40 or something.

Miscue
05-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Ok, I just picked up a copy. Will install tonight.

Mango
05-21-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm up and running. My character is so hot, I would totally date myself. :p

Name is Mangies on Victory server. only level 2 for now, didnt get to play much. Will play more later.

She is so awesome, a mutant Controller through gravity and kenetics, I can crush people and lift and smash them, and drain health from them and distribute it to the allies in my group. We need a Tanker, I'm weak and dont hit for very many points but my specials own all.

Miscue
05-21-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm up and running. My character is so hot, I would totally date myself. :p

Name is Mangies on Victory server. only level 2 for now, didnt get to play much. Will play more later.

She is so awesome, a mutant Controller through gravity and kenetics, I can crush people and lift and smash them, and drain health from them and distribute it to the allies in my group. We need a Tanker, I'm weak and dont hit for very many points but my specials own all.

I have a feeling we're all gonna pick chicks. :p

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Nope. I got a badass guy. :)

Miscue
05-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Nope. I got a badass guy. :)

Well, I would have figured that. The rest of us will have a contest as to who can make the hottest chick character. Although, if there was a way to make "The Tick" I would be all over that!

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Wait til you see the costume creator. You'll spend a MINIMUM of half an hour on it. There's TONS of variations.

Timmee
05-21-2004, 02:54 PM
I've got a character on the Infinity server (level 7 Mutant Blaster), but I wouldn't mind making a new one on Victory.

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 02:56 PM
The first chance anybody has of making a super group--> The Mag Masters

:D

(even if half of us don't shoot them.)

Miscue
05-21-2004, 03:06 PM
The first chance anybody has of making a super group--> The Mag Masters

(even if half of us don't shoot them.)

That's retarded mang. We need a cool name. Pr0n Star Squad or something, I dunno.

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah. Like THAT'S even better...

gamarada717
05-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm probably gonna pick it up to play over the summer. Bad thing is that my clan plays on the Freedom server, so I couldn't play with you guys really :( Is there extra charge to have more than one charecter on different servers? Maybe I could still play with ya.

Brak
05-21-2004, 05:54 PM
i play on Triumph, i just got it yesterday and have made and deleted like 3 characters until i finally made the perfect guy. his name is M. Bison and he looks just like the guy from street fighter, its awesome. hes a natural scrapper. im like level 5 right now

but i got a problem, i accepted a mission in galaxy city, but right now im in Atlas park. under my mission it says 'rescue homeless people' and under it it says 'Galaxy City'. how do i get to galaxy city from atlas park?

digitard
05-21-2004, 08:05 PM
You should play on VIRTUE. Its probably the most constantly populated even at LATE night times.

Heres my 2 chars.

http://www.bonedrypaintball.com/coh/beginning.JPG
Level 4 Blaster/Magic right now

http://www.bonedrypaintball.com/coh/umbra.jpg
Level 14 Blaster/Magic

After playing the beta for a long time you can see I'm partial to blasters... I like long range attacks.

digitard
05-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh and to answer your "how do I get there" question.

MONRAIL GETS YOU EVERYWHERE (galaxy city, atlas, kings row, steel canyon, etc).

Open the MAP and look for the icon with a T in it. Thats the monorail. Click it so its got the 3 circles around it (sets it as your waypoint) and your compas should tell you how to get there).

Dayspring
05-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Here's mine.

Level 5 Mutant Blaster

Miscue
05-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Here's the guy I just started

Dayspring
05-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Big enough? Are we compensating? ;)

Restola
05-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Well now I had to post a pic of my dude. Once again lvl 5 controller gravity/empathy.

gamarada717
05-22-2004, 02:04 AM
Level 5 (or 6, can't remember) Science Blaster, and I control ice. I'm thinking about going back to make another with ice and the kinetics, but whatever. Freedom server

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9486/Untitled-7.gif

thecavemankevin
05-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Here's the guy I just started

the name BMF....Big Motha, what does the F stand for?

gamarada717
05-22-2004, 11:12 AM
How do you look at your players stats? Ugh, I hate these clockwork guys, they hit you in groups. I would like to know how much money (or interest, whatever they call it) before I head off to a store.

Miscue
05-22-2004, 01:18 PM
I am IRON MAN! Hehehe.

Also got my defender chick character.

Miscue
05-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Mango- yes. Victory

Q- Wish I knew. They are coming out with the PVP content this december called City of Villains. Maybe it's in that release.

BTW, I'm on Victory as well. PM me when you want to party.

Mango
05-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Cool chars guys! I'll be playing some tonight maybe.

Steelrat
05-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I've tried to stay the hell away from the MMOGs, because I know they'll get addicting, but this sounds interesting. Is the game actually any fun?

Trick
05-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Captain Planet! That's awesome!

If MMORPGs didn't swallow one's life as much as they do, I might consider doing this one.

gamarada717
05-22-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm playing it during the summer and that's it. Period. Yeah, I got my guy to level 9 and decided to start a new guy, because my powers are boring. I guess that your first guy is always experimental, I wish I hadn't made him look so cool :)

Halliday
05-23-2004, 01:24 AM
I use to play the Sims Online. There were not many guys and it was full of women. Worked out good for me, but it was too addictive. I had to quit, but I have been on the CoH fourms......

Timmee
05-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Here's my character on Victory.

FutureMagOwner
05-23-2004, 01:52 PM
iron man...... nice

im considering getting this game, im wondering though wasnt there a guy that looked exactly like ironman but like a gray/blue steel color rather then red and yellow? if i got this id want a guy like that or the punisher :D (btw what was the guy im asking about name? he was either ironman in a new suit or a partner or something like that)

Miscue
05-23-2004, 02:37 PM
iron man...... nice

im considering getting this game, im wondering though wasnt there a guy that looked exactly like ironman but like a gray/blue steel color rather then red and yellow? if i got this id want a guy like that or the punisher :D (btw what was the guy im asking about name? he was either ironman in a new suit or a partner or something like that)

War Machine

Miscue
05-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I've tried to stay the hell away from the MMOGs, because I know they'll get addicting, but this sounds interesting. Is the game actually any fun?

It's pretty fun. What the real fun is when you party with people you know - that's really the main thing that makes it special.

The character creator is one of the best I've seen of any game - they did a very good job.

gamarada717
05-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Is anybody playing tonight? I made a Pirate looking guy on victory so I could play with ya'll. His name is Pirate Man, and he's already level 5. Post what charecter you mainly play on and is at the begginer level (Most people just bought it), and we can play tonight. :)

Mango
05-23-2004, 05:11 PM
I know Dayspring, Albinonewt and myself will be playing around 7:30 Eastern tonight :)

Mango
05-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Wow tonight was a blast!! We have to do that again soon. I love throwing pool tables/cars/air compressors/ etc. etc. LOL!

We do have one heck of a powerful group, just wait till we get higher level.

***Edit: yes I am the tiny girl hahaha

gamarada717
05-23-2004, 11:25 PM
I couldn't find you guys :(

Here's my Victory charecter.
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2163/Untitled-13.gif

PissedGodzilla
05-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Alright, I was able to set up an AO supergroup, if any of you guys are interested ion joining, just send me, Fyreborn, or dayspring, Mangies (mango), BMF (Miscue), or Havoc Online a message ingane and we will invite you in!!!!

Here's a pic of the Supergroup together: From Right to Left, BMF, Me (Fyreborn), Havoc Online, Mangies and Dayspring.

Notice the supergroup clothing that you get. awsome stuff... Even got the Lion.

PissedGodzilla
05-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Ok now I got some really scary thing to attack me in Faultline.. this is the kinda stuff you have to look forward to @ level 16 +....

Mango
05-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Last night was a riot! We must do that again tonight sometime. Post on here when the group will play again. :D

PissedGodzilla
05-24-2004, 12:07 PM
well, definitely count on me being on tonight. as I don't play any other games at this moment, I'm pretty much using what spare time I have on CoH.

:cool: