PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Voltages

robertjuric
05-21-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm still having some problems with my hyperframe that I have narrowed down to the frame itself. So I dug out the old multimeter to do some testing.

I tested:
the battery: ~6.8v
the plug for the switch: 4.7v
** solenoid when firing: I got from .01v - .07v, but it was usually around .02v, .03v

The problem I'm having is that it had sat for a while, so I went to dry fire it. I was getting a lot of chuffing, so I ran some oil through it and it slowly disappeared. Next I went to put some paint through it and chrono and all the sudden it decides to not shoot everytime I pulled the trigger. Like I'd pull it 5 times, and maybe 1 would register. I had some other guys around me test it to make sure my fingers weren't broke. The board's LCD was displaying FIrE, so I know it's not the switch. My only guess is that it is the solenoid. So if somebody can check their voltages across the solenoid when it fires, if they are the same then I can rule out the board, which means it must be a faulty solenoid.

GA Devil
05-21-2004, 12:15 PM
no its not the silenoid. What on/off are you using? You need centerflags unless x valve then a ult. The on off pin wears out fairly fast in them also. So IM willing to bet your problem is the on/off. Or just the pin.

robertjuric
05-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Well I've got the ULT which was recently checked out my AGD so I know its fine.

I called up CF and talked to their tech guy he said it is either a bad solenoid, low power settings, or a semi-dead battery. So I cut up the power setting and I'm going to stick another battery in it and give it a go soon as I get some air. But I think hopefully this solves everything.