PDA

View Full Version : I put a PA in my car :)

PyRo
05-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Just thought I would share that. Its pretty sweet, I think i'm going to get myself shot though :)

71 LS6
05-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Yeah a few of my friends have PA's in their cars. I was using one of them today. They're great for messing with people. Like today when I was wearing a police hat and telling the fire marshall in front of us to pull over. And yes, we too will likely get shot. :D

ZAust
05-21-2004, 01:14 PM
ive been wanting to do this for a while now. how difficult is it to do? how expensive is the unit?

PyRo
05-21-2004, 01:30 PM
You need a CB radio with a PA mode, and an outdoor speaker. I paid $40 for my CB and $20 for the speaker, and used probably about a dollar of wireing I had lying around. You can get cheaper CB's though. Setting it up is easy, just mount the CB wherever you want it, wire the positive wire into an aux port on the fuse box, or a fuse tap, and just ground the negative wire. Then mount the speaker somewhere in the engine bay make sure it isn't going to rub through any wires, get to hot, get in the way of belts, or somthing like that. Then you just need to run the speaker wire from the speaker through the firewall to the CB and plug it in. Now your done. It took me about 20 minutes to get it installed. I only had room for a 50 watt speaker though :(

I asked a cop and he said its not illigle to have it. Its only illigle if i'm using it for somthing illigle, like trying to pull someone over, harassing somone, etc. Bascially so long as I don't abuse it I should be fine.

shartley
05-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Also check with local laws…. You may find yourself in trouble when using it. Also if you use it to make people think you are a police officer, you may end up in JAIL…. And rightfully so.

(Added: I see Pyro added the legal stuff to his post while I was typing. ;) )

Muzikman
05-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah a few of my friends have PA's in their cars. I was using one of them today. They're great for messing with people. Like today when I was wearing a police hat and telling the fire marshall in front of us to pull over. And yes, we too will likely get shot. :D

That WILL get you arrested. That, even if playing, is impersonating a police officer.

edweird
05-21-2004, 03:32 PM
a friend of mine used to have a van with a PA installed on it... it was great fun.

it kinda trancends the whole yelling at ignorant drivers experiance to a whole new level :)

SIGSays
05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
where did you buy it?

PyRo
05-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Got the CB from ebay, speaker from radioshack

robertjuric
05-21-2004, 05:07 PM
I knew a few guys that put those in their trucks, it was really cool for ripping the principals when they'd walk outside. I might think about putting one in my jeep, don't have much use for it though.

SlipknotX556
05-21-2004, 05:12 PM
I would so put one of them in my car, go behind cars and say your the police, move your car, just like in Blue Streak "This is the LA PD, move you busted "butt" vehicle, we will pop one in your "butt" we got guns and shiz."

PyRo
05-21-2004, 05:41 PM
I would so put one of them in my car, go behind cars and say your the police, move your car, just like in Blue Streak "This is the LA PD, move you busted "butt" vehicle, we will pop one in your "butt" we got guns and shiz."
You would so go to jail for that :)

Buff
05-21-2004, 08:14 PM
haha lol

whay back in the day my dad was a volunteer fireman......so he still has several siren thingies, along with the sirens and lights.....from the 70's. On one setting its a normal pa system, flick the switch, and it sounds like a police car:D

It was wired up a while back (80's), and dad was driving a car that as similar to what the undercover cops drove.....hehe, some guy flicked him off, so dad hit the siren switch.......lol the guy musta thought he flicked a cop off..... :D ;)

maybe I'll have to get one from him....... :o

Bad_Dog
05-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I've got one hooked up in my minivan :p fun fun fun!