PDA

View Full Version : Which Harness To Use??

djslik
05-21-2004, 02:48 PM
I have the q loader system and I have searched around on the internet and have come to the conclusion that the NXe pack should fit the pods pretty well. Now I need to decide whether or not to get the 3 pack, 3+2+2, or the 5 pack. I'm not a back player, or at least I don't want to be. I only have 4 pods, but might want to get more later. Do you think I'll go through 400 rounds in a speedball game as a mid player? And do the smaller packs fit better and allow you better movement. I haven't had much experience with harnesses and just want your advice.

chairman_mao
05-21-2004, 02:53 PM
I haven't used the NXe products so I will only answer as far as size goes. I have a redz 3 and I wish everytime I use it that I had more. I would look into the 3+2+2. IMO if you don't use them all it's only some small elastic loops that are there and not full tube slots. I would have to say you could easily go through 400 balls in the course of a single game (maybe not everytime but it is possible).

68magOwner
05-21-2004, 03:30 PM
at least 3+2 if oyur going to play anything serious, you need at least that much, i can shoot 5 pods in a 5min 3 man game

steveo356
05-21-2004, 04:30 PM
well i like to have my 2 pod black star foot ball on my left arm and a dye pack on my back that sumtimes i dun bother wearing

logamus
05-21-2004, 04:35 PM
i have a redz 3+2. i wish i had just gotten a 4 or 5 pod pack. trying to get pods out of the elastic straps sucks. there is a reason you dont have those as your primary holders ya know. i would have been much happier just having a 4 tube pack i think. qloader told me via email a few weeks back that a 150 round tube is due out fairly soon. so that should help with some of your issues.

teufelhunden
05-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Get the 3+2+2. That way if you only need to carry 3 pods, you can only carry 3, but if you need 7, you have that option.

djslik
05-22-2004, 06:53 PM
The only other concern is since the qloader pods are expensive I wouldn't just be tossing them around, I need to put them back in the harness. I am leaning towards a 4 pack then since it's a nice middle ground. I just play rec, so not worried about the tourney stuff as much. Thanks guys.

LudavicoSoldier
05-22-2004, 08:24 PM
I tend to think that a 5 down pack is just about the perfect size for all around play. If you arent a hose beast it should serve you well. I had a Redz 5 down and was very happy with it, and I now have a NXe 5 down on the way from Animal. Personally, anything more than 5 pods limits my mobility. I dont have the need to shoot a half a case a game, so this size works well.

Edit: And I really, REALLY hate tight elastic pod loops. Form fitted nylon pouches are so much better. Make for putting delicate pods back very easy. My extreme rage 4+3 makes it VERY hard to put pods back due to the little plastic stiffening inserts in the loops.

ZapTheMad
05-22-2004, 09:12 PM
I got the NXe 4+3+2 and highly recommend it. 4 pods is plenty for most days but I got 5 more straps just in case I want to head out to a big splatter fest :)

Having 100 round tubes might limit your time on the field in a longer game. Having those extra straps may come in handy.

RtDaNiMaL
05-23-2004, 10:45 AM
i go with the 4+3 Jt slam pack. It works really good and i love how comfortable it is.