PDA

View Full Version : D-Day AO BBQ?

Doobie
05-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Trina and I are attending D-day with some friends who have a pop up Trailer and a large netted picnic tent. I thought it would be fun to have a AO'ers only BBQ on Saturday night between the day and night game! I'll get some hamburgers and hotdogs with buns and I will cook. If you want to bring something else and cook it at our site or bring something for everyone thats cool, too. So...waddya think? I kind of need to know how many people so I could get enough meat. Respond here and then i'll post later how we will find eachother...OK?
Can't wait!!!!
Allies rule this year!!!
(just in case you didn't know...TK is slated to attend D-day as the Allied Tank Commander. We MAY be able to strong arm him into coming to this ;)!

Evil Preacher
05-21-2004, 04:21 PM
I am up for it. I will be camping out with the Sepreme Allied Commander if you need to find me. We are slated to be parked next to the food vendors someplace. I will have the red Ford F-205 with the red quad roaming about. I am sure that sometime during the week I will be doing a food run so let me know if I need to pick anything up.

I am sure that we can "talk" Tom into joining us for dinner. It just might take a little "convincing".

I plan on being at the field on Wed. so come look me up.

Preacher

Iron Mag13
05-21-2004, 04:59 PM
is this the oklahoma D-Day??? with like the 3rd panzer division and such like that in June?

Doobie
05-21-2004, 06:02 PM
YUP! HERE (http://www.oklahomadday.com/files/index1A.html) :D

ghed
05-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey can us Germans bring some bratwursts to throw on the grill? :D

WenULiVeUdiE
05-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Weinerschnitzel is sooo much better than Bratwurst. Too bad I'm all the way over here in Jersey. Looks like DDay at Skirmish will have to do for now.

Trina
05-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Hey guys!! We are hoping to make this a really fun time! There are not many other options in the area for stuff to do, so we want to get a chance to meet our fellow AO'ers and just have a good time. The past few D-Day's we've been to have been more then awesome and camping out is what tops it all off.

You can bring your own meat if you want and we'll throw it on the BBQ.

We will most likely end up doing a chat/marshmello roast by the fireside in the evening when we are done playing for the day.

Can't wait to meet everyone!!! :D

AGD
05-21-2004, 11:57 PM
I'll be there!

AGD

Iron Mag13
05-22-2004, 08:51 AM
what side and so on Agd??

Evil Preacher
05-22-2004, 08:54 AM
I'll be there!

AGD

Damn, guess I dont need to bring the duct tape, zip ties and handcuffs to bring Tom to dinner.

Will have to find an other use for them.
:)

Iron Mag13
05-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Guys post your team and unit so we could hook up!! lol come on! id like to be on the same unit as Tom!!! lol

Trina
05-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Up :D

shivors
05-24-2004, 12:50 AM
As long as you dont descriminate against non-AGD gun owners I will be there. Let me know if I can bring anything.

Trina
05-24-2004, 05:59 AM
Hey...I used to own a spyder...the daily beatings at AO events were pretty easy to ignore. :p

This is offered to AO Members. Doesn't matter what type of gun you own, if you are a member, we'd love to see ya there :D

Doobie
05-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Let me know if I can bring anything.

Like I said...I'll bring Hotdogs and Hamburgers. Chips, dip, beans, potato salad,
soda, and things like that would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm already seeing a dozan bags of chips showing up, now ;)

shivors
05-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Right...bring hookers and beer. RIIIGHT!

j/k I know there is no beer allowed. ;)

ghed
05-24-2004, 06:59 PM
This would be my first AO grp event so I wouldnt recognize anyone...will there be a sign or something up at your campsite or should I just look for alot of ppl w/ mags? ;)

05-24-2004, 07:47 PM
I might be going. One of the guys my dad graduated from elementary school with is going and he wants to go with him.

Rather
05-24-2004, 07:52 PM
This would be my first AO grp event so I wouldnt recognize anyone...will there be a sign or something up at your campsite or should I just look for alot of ppl w/ mags? ;)

Look for the crowd with crayons in their ears, wielding waterguns and other various annoyance paraprenalia, and of course the best tell tale is the yelling of "VROOOOOOOOOOM!!!!" or shoot em in the face. Oh and Don't offer anyone powerade, you'll be seeing it agian an hour later. :D :eek: :p

00Buckshot
05-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Can a couple of Mag shootin' Germans come? - if so, count me and 314 Paintball in.

I'll stop by CostCo and pick up a few dozen extra brats. We can bring our grill over too, if needed. Also, I haven't seen any info, but is beer OK to bring?

BYTW - D-Day is filled up, so if you didn't pre-register, you might be SOL.

ghed
05-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Buckshot - What unit are you in? A friend(he shoots a mag but doesnt post here) and I are going to be in Normandy/Ghost Village.

00Buckshot
05-24-2004, 09:09 PM
We signed up for 21st Panzer Division.

We're leaving Chicago early Monday and should be there about 4 or 5 PM. We still have space if anybody needs a ride - we would have to rent a trailer though.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Dude, I'm all about BBQ, is it ok if a German AOer joins ya :eek: :D

Haha, I can't wait for dday. not so much the actual game, but the presence, its just fun, except when you camp for so long any female you see begins to look hot.... :(

OhMyAMoose
05-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Another german AOer here! I will be there!

Doobie
05-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Can a couple of Mag shootin Germans come?

SURE! It's an AOers BBQ! Plus, by saturday night, you Germans will need some consoling after the arse woopin' the Allies are gonna hand you all day! :D ;)

I'll try to have a AGD banner of some sort up. I'll probably be at the AGD booth troughout the day and I can tell you were the campsite is.

00Buckshot
05-25-2004, 08:56 AM
The best rally point for information and campsite locations would be the AGD booth - if they don't mind.

Doobie
06-10-2004, 10:11 PM
UP! UP! UP!
I'm leaving in a few hours....see everyone there! :clap: :dance: :cheers:

penguinpunk555
06-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Have fun guys. :cheers: Wish I could get down to D-day.