PDA

View Full Version : 220 round Evo 2, has anyone else done this?

m20power
05-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Well I got bored recently so I decided to religiously clean my gear as I often do. While taking apart my cracked, discolored, abused, evo 2 I realized that inside the hopper there is an ellipse shaped piece of plastic that the balls rest on.
I know its supposed to help funnel the balls into the impeller but I figured I would see how it worked without it.
I took it off and noticed that a side effect is the seam between the two outer shells runs through the bottom of where the balls are. If you got a nasty break it could be a prolem but I didnt think it would be much of an issue.

I bolted it all back together and discovered that without the plastic ellipse I could fit 220 balls into my evo 2. I dont mean you can just toss in a few pods and it will get that much. I had to cover the sides while closing it. When you get down to the last 15 balls or so you do have to tilt the hopper forward to get them to load. But its better than not having the extra ammo.

I like this because I tend to play hopper ball when I play rec games. Having an extra 20-30 balls can be a big difference. Also if you played hopper ball tournements you could get more balls than your oponents. It cant hurt having extra ammo.

Im just curious if anyone else has tried this.
Thanks

SpecialBlend2786
05-21-2004, 06:06 PM
The origional Evlutions didn't have that curved base, that is why they held more paint then the Evlution II's.

Here's a quote from a warpigs article.
"the floor has been changed from a flat base to a bowl shape. The causes the paint to roll directly into the impeller, preventing gaps in the flow of paint as the loader gets low. As the impeller spins, the paint swirls around the base, rolling into the impeller and being driven out through the feed neck. In comparison to many other loaders that have problems as they get low on paint, with the few remaining balls rolling around the front and sides of the loader, the floor shape in the eVLution keeps the impeller stocked and driving paint into the paintgun."

m20power
05-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Darn I guess Im not being original.

I agree it has some problems loading but It seems worth it.If you look at the angles on the curved dish they dont work if you tilt the gun much due to the angles on them.

Its true that the last few balls may have issue loading. But they are balls you would not otherwise have.
If you still have 30-40 balls in the hopper you dont have issues. Its just the last 20.

I dont think it would matter to people who play with pods. Once you start using pods to refill it dosent really matter how many are left in the hopper. Your never gonna get those 220 balls in by tossing a pod in. It only makes sense for hopper ball when an extra 20-30 rounds could be a big difference