PDA

View Full Version : question

lokissa
05-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Hello all,

GREAT site!!

now my question, I am finally getting back into paintball after 6+ years of not playing. I got my nitro bottle hydro'd and lubed up the regulator and the power tube, didnt have anything to pull out the on off valve with... hooked up my nitro and to my surprise no leaks. let off the trigger and no leaks. So far so good. next, dry fire one shot sounds great!! let it sit for a couple of minutes to see if it developes a leak, nope no leaks. next, i fire a string of shots and after the first or second shot the trigger goes limp a nit and the gun kinda sputters on each pull. If i let it sit for a second between pulls each shot is good, but if i pull faster than once a second it sputters. I am thinking it might be the on off valve or the regulator seat. any idea?

jwalker87
05-21-2004, 09:16 PM
welcome to the forums! I would say your best bet is probably to completely disassemble your valve and clean and oil it. Here is a link to a thread on how to disassemble a ReTro valve: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38271

Might not be the problem, but after 6 years of un-use, I'd say it needs to be cleaned.

lokissa
05-22-2004, 09:00 PM
i noticed my nitro bottle after shooting off a stream of shots nakes a high pitch noise, for a second or two, then stops.

RTC_LoKi
05-22-2004, 11:31 PM
are you sure its not coming from ur valve just recharging after lvl10 stops a chop?

lokissa
05-23-2004, 12:20 AM
I have a remote setup,

also i do not have a lvl 10 bolt. its a really old lvl 7 i think its considered. doesnt even have the "classic" engraved in the valve body.

dsrkd
05-23-2004, 01:00 AM
A buddy of mine had similar symptoms with recharging. Turned out there was a screen in the air line from the expansion chamber to the valve that was plugged. Didn't know a screen was there until a complete disassembly was done.

lokissa
05-23-2004, 10:28 AM
could be,

let me describe my set-up...

i have an air-america 3000psi raptor with a steel braded hose homing off the output. on the end of that i have a staubli automatic in line shut off. on my gun i have the stock powerfeed marker with the stock crown point barrel. I have the staubli connection in the asa adapter at the back of the gun and a steel braded hose from that into the air valve. I took apart the air valve and cleaned it the regulator seat does look a liitle worn, at least hard, and is not the same color as the new ones i se on line. (could be dirty) I also noticed the on off valve o-ring (the small white one) is as hard as a rock, I do not remember if its supposed to be that way.

anyways, thanks a milliopn for your guy's help so far and I really appreciate any further insite!!

lokissa
05-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I cranked the velocity and the sputter went away!!! never saw that one coming. next thing i want to address is the small high pitched noise from the nitro bottle...

anyone got any ideas?

Z-man
05-26-2004, 10:47 AM
I would really like to be certain what marker you have before dishing out advice (might you be able to get a picture posted)?. I know that some tanks do make a little high pitched sound when they recharge but if you are hearing this sound all the time and it's obvious then I would really try to pin-point the sound so you next weather or not to attack the tank or the reg on the marker.

lokissa
05-27-2004, 03:46 PM
I know the sound is coming from the nitrogen bottle its on a remote line and i can definately tell its from that section of the system. Its also not a continous sound it goes for maybe 2 seconds then stops, most of the time its for a half second.

Z-man
05-27-2004, 03:53 PM
yeah that sounds normal. If you feel confident in your abilities I would take it apart (when its completely drained) and lube up the stuff one clean out any junk (if you can service any parts that is). Otherwise I would not worry too much.

lokissa
05-28-2004, 07:43 AM
I will give it a go!!...

thanks for all your help!!

ZapTheMad
05-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Might also try backing out your on/off on the remote a little. Sometimes the pin inside there pushes to far and blocks flow. If it is sitting against the regulator tip, it may make some noise due to vibration.