PDA

View Full Version : converting to stock class

zacbot
05-22-2004, 08:30 AM
how much work would it take to convert a sniperII to stock class..and where can i get the goods/

slade
05-22-2004, 09:00 AM
you could try palmer... http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/catalog.htm look on the right side, about half way down. you might have to modify it, but itd work. you could also e-mail them. maybe you could send away your gun and they could mod it for you. if you're looking for the lower profile, you could also try a qloader.

Muzikman
05-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Well...to be honest I am not sure if someone makes one, but you would need to get a horizonal stick feed made. and then just a 12gram quick changer that screws into the vert ASA adapter. That would be about it. If the Sniper II body you have is vert feed with a removable neck, that would be nest.

rathbaster
05-22-2004, 03:55 PM
For the 12 gram changer you can go with a CCI bucket changer (~$20) or a Rat Attack (~$30 -I&I Sports is the only place I've found them new) or a Cooper T with expansion chamber (~$?? Never known ANYONE who's actually used one.....expansion is bad for 12 grams)

The Brass Eagle bucket changer is cheap (usually ~$10) but also prone to sticking.

For the stick feed you have several options:

If you have a RF or LF sniperII you can simply get a 90 degree PVC elbow, and snug it up with black tape. 10 round tubes can be stuck in directly. (The elbow runs around 20-40 cents)

You can build a stick feed from PVC pipe, the end or "ball gate" is up to you. Some people prefer to buy a CCI ball gate and use that, others have fabricated their own, I've seen some old school ones which are screw on caps.

PaintballMaxx makes a slip on stick feed. He had some up for sale on the Phantom Forum. (~$22)

If you have a center feed with angel threads, you can get a stick feed which will screw right in from Action Markers. (However, they only make the 10 round feed now, not the 15 round feed.) This is also somewhat pricey compared to the other methods (~$40)

-Rath

JonDaAzn
05-22-2004, 07:09 PM
you can get an angel threaded stock class feed tube from the makers of the illusion pump marker, or you could get one custom made from a cci stick feed

zacbot
05-22-2004, 07:50 PM
i like the pvc idea..could one just load the end with a week spring or something?..or what does the end consist of?

JonDaAzn
05-23-2004, 05:36 PM
if you put a spring in the tube, it won't be stock class anymore, as for the end, just buy one from cci

Bogey
05-23-2004, 07:35 PM
I am pretty sure that either Doc Nickel or Punisher Customs has done this work before. If nothing else they could cut and rework your body to accept the Action Markers Illusion feed tube. That way you could also change back to vertical feed if you wanted to. You will probably want to look at reworking the valve in the Sniper for better gas usage. Also try an unported barrel, that will help on gas consumption as well.

I have a Cocker converted back to Sniper mode that I have been trying to rework and get the most out of a 12 gram. Check out those two custom shops for ideas if nothing else.

Bogey

JonDaAzn
05-24-2004, 12:33 AM
if your cocker has an angel threaded feed tube, the action markers stock class tube should just screw in

Spaceman613
05-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Brad from PaintballMaxx is the man to see for the feed tube.

And dont worry about unported barrels, I get between 30-35 shots per 12 gram using a freak barrel on mine (unregged 12 gram, 276 average, lowest was 256, highest was 291, 8fps was the standard deviation.) waiting about 10 seconds between shots.

what year of a sniper/cocker do you have? that will play more of a role in the internals than anything. You may need to make (or have made) some devolumizers and spring tensioners to help increase efficiency.

Mine has a new valve body. lightened hammer, custom bolt (delrin, no orings and no slop).

Really, talk to brad, he is the guy to chat with and get the good stuff made.