PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Bolt

Nitrix
05-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Heya Fellas,
I'm new to this site...have a couple of guestions. Does the lvl 10 bolt give you better accuracy? Does it change how the ball is projected out of the barrel? If I wanted a better accuracy I should probably upgrade my barrel. Would you guys have any recommendations? I have a 14in Dye Boomstick & sometimes i play with a 12in J&J.But my balls seem to curve when i'm shooting longer distances,I usally play with Blaze paint. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

tyrion2323
05-22-2004, 10:37 AM
The Level 10 Bolt is an anti-chop bolt. It won't affect accuracy.

Accuracy is affected mostly by the paint-to-barrel match. Larger paints are more accurate with larger barrels, and smaller paint with smaller barrels...

I would recommend purchasing a Level 10 bolt if you don't already have one. Also, a barrel kit is a great deal. Or even try getting some KAPP backs and a front. Probably be around $150 total.

NJPaint
05-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Welcome to AO. Here are a few answers to your questions.

The level 10 bolt is an anti-chop device. Like any other gun's bolt, it will not make a gun 'more accurate'. It is impossible to chop with a properly installed level 10. See the videos on this site. People put their fingers, tongues etc. into their breaches and the bolt doesn't do anything to them. That having been said, here are a few things on accuracy.

There are only three things that affect accuracy. #1 Paint to barrel match, #2 Consistancy of the marker, #3 Ball quality. Quick break down on each of them.

Paint to barrel match: This refers to how well your barrel fits the paint you are using. Diablo Blaze is a small bore paint, I want to say about .684-.685. You need to find a barrel or kit that will match that size. Generic barrels (whoever the heck makes them, dye, J&J etc) are normally .689 or .690 because it will fit the most variaty of paint (medium bore). If you are shooting only one kind of paint, I recommend finding a single small bore barrel. However, if you play tournaments, or travel around a bit field to field, I recommend buying a decent barrel kit. I use a Prolyte Scepter kit that I picked up for $100 in the AO classifieds when I first got here. It is the ONLY piece of equipment that I have had since I first got into the game and remains in my main gear.

Consistancy of the marker: Consistancy of your marker is crucial for having consistant shots (duh!). The main bottlenecks in this category are bad tanks and unmaintained valves. If you are using CO2, make sure that you have adaquet room for the liquid to turn into gas, Heat fluctuations will also have fun with CO2. MAKE SURE YOU LUB YOUR VALVE!!! Oil it at least every day that you play.

Ball quality Make sure you are shooting fresh paint that has not been exposed to: heat, cold, moisture, or sunlight.

kevin398
10-26-2004, 02:36 PM
MAKE SURE YOU LUB YOUR VALVE!!! Oil it at least every day that you play.

I'm new to mags, would I do that the same way as with a tippmann? Putting a couple drops of oil into where the CO2 enters the guns and then dry fire w/o the barrel a few times? Oh and hi everyone I'm new to the forums as well. TIA

-Kevin

paullus99
10-26-2004, 02:38 PM
You can do that, but I would recommend upgrading to HPA. Your mag will thank you - velocity will be more consistent & Mag valves perform better with it.

68magOwner
10-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Heya Fellas,
Does the lvl 10 bolt give you better accuracy?no bolt gives you better accuracy I should probably upgrade my barrel. probably not, boomstick and J&J are both top of the line, try getting paint that matches your barrel

shoot otehr guns, they probably all do this, if not, try HPA, it will give you more consistent, therefore more accurate shots.