PDA

View Full Version : Pay to Play, not if Mango has anything to say about it

Albinonewt
05-22-2004, 07:02 PM
So, today we're playing paintball at a woods ball field in jersey for my wife's 30th birthday. I got there about 8 am and started getting guns ready for all the people that were borrowing from me. We get ready to roll and at about 9:30 a big group is around and we head out to play. its about that time that another sub-group shows up and starts preparing, so I get pulled off and don't play right away, and I help these guys set up. Once I'm done with that I remark that Mango will be showing up any moment now because I'm finally ready to play. I chrono, and behold, no mango. we play a few games and then do a 45 minute lunch break. After lunch we hit the hyper-ball fields. At this point its 1 pm, and I just figure something came up and mango couldn't make it. Its too bad, but I understand.

On the hyperball field its myself, my wife, and 8 of our friends with 5 other random guys against about 40 other people, we're literally outnumbered 2 to 1 (because I have all my gear and some of my buddies had my borrowed stuff they figured we were all "pros" and they should balance the teams 2 on 1) I kill like 9 guys and then basically run out of paint. I had about half a hopper left so I start heading down the tape line, get to about the 30, and start fighting it out from a horizontal bunker. Then all of a sudden someone slides into my bunker and starts blasting a really fast gun next to me. I know nobody else on my team shoots that fast so I'm completely confused. I look to my left, IT'S MANGO!!!!

The story, as it was relayed to me, is that mango got the field really late, and then started running around looking for me. When he saw me on the hyper-pipe field he comes running to my end, waves to my buddies, and then runs right past the ref. The ref started to say something when mango just holds out his hand and, without even looking at the guy, just says "it's ok" and then jumps into the game. the ref was stunned and didn't even know what to do.

But it gets better.

In his rush to find me he didn't even have time to go in and register for the day, so he hadn't paid yet. He also only had non-field paint on him, which A) looked nothing like field paint, and B) was in his clear HALO. the ref's literally didn't know what to do and just let him pass without a word.

You're the best Mango. thank you so much for making it out for my wife's birthday. It means a lot to me and her.

YOU RULE.

Mango
05-22-2004, 07:17 PM
:D

I'm just sorry I was so late :( Wakeing up in another state kind of adds to the travel time LOL

It was a lot of fun today and I'm glad Cara had a great day!!

DWill
05-22-2004, 07:32 PM
All I can say is wow, and that I wish I could go up to a ref and say "It's ok" while not using field paint and not paying without getting thrown out of the field so fast!

Creative Mayhem
05-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Go Mango,go Mango, Go Mango...!

LittlePaintballBoy
05-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Awesome.

1stdeadeye
05-22-2004, 08:23 PM
LOL!! Only Mango!

Sorry I couldn't make it, too much going on here! I am glad to hear you had a great time though!

Besides I am still healing from last week! :cool:

BTW, WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!

P.S. To make her feel special, she now has her own Birthday Thread! :D

You guys playing or practicing next weekend? LMK!

coolcatpete
05-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Way to be Mango. As a ref I would flip out. OH well waqy to be a rebel.
Pete

teufelhunden
05-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Where'd you guys play? I'm up in North Jersey, 5 minutes from Morristown and 45 from Newark. Usually play at Hustler's.

NJPaint
05-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Where'd you guys play? I'm up in North Jersey, 5 minutes from Morristown and 45 from Newark. Usually play at Hustler's.

PBX Battlezone
www.pbxbattlezone.com

The 'crew' will be there tommorow for practice.

phantomhitman
05-22-2004, 10:49 PM
lol, that would be great to see.

how dare you oppose mango you pathetic ref!!!!!!