PDA

View Full Version : Powerfeed? Is it worth it?

Mag89
10-08-2001, 07:20 PM
Is the powerfeed worth it over the classic feed??

magmanpaintball
10-08-2001, 08:33 PM
definatly
there is some blow back which causes the balls to not feed right with the classic feed. The powerfeed eliminates most of that.

Eye_pecking_chicken
10-09-2001, 04:39 AM
Before I used a pf mag I thought that pf was no big deal, and not worth the money, but it really is worth the cash. I can outshoot a 12v rev with out even trying on my standard feed mag, but on my friends powerfeed mag with intellifeed It took a little bit to outshoot it.

markhauguel
10-09-2001, 10:40 AM
I have a mini but I have shot a classic and it worked great. If you plan any type of electro trigger I would get a PF but if it means getting a mag or not I would get a mag. I would guess that PF bodies will be under $100 in a year and the change is very easy. Do not shorten the long feed tube though as I have heard of people doing. The long ball stack is required to have it feed right. Good luck.

theraidenproject
10-09-2001, 01:22 PM
re: power feeds, why are they so much more then s/f? the smallest difference in price I've seen was $70. i just don't see why the differences between the bodies would justify a substantially higher amount.

kickass68mag
10-09-2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by markhauguel
Do not shorten the long feed tube though as I have heard of people doing. The long ball stack is required to have it feed right. Good luck.

Sorry man i must disagree with you ! I had a sf body a while ago and i hated the mag i was at the point where i was goin to sell it because i kept chopping balls. Even when i used small paint in a large bore barrel and a 12v revvi i was chopping at anything past 3 bps. i finally had the feed tube cut down to a inch and i didn't chop anymore and i could just about outshoot my 12v revvi, so i guess it is all up to personal preference but i liked it and if i eva got another sf i would cut the feed tube down again if it was not already cut down.

there is a pic of it cut down, i dont remember if the hopper is on it or not, but you can see that they hopper is/would be much tighter to the gun, and lets me stay hidden behind bunkers better.

Lone Gunman
10-13-2001, 12:58 PM
Thats a nice looking mag there kickas68mag! Personaly I dont' know why AGD made classic feed.