PDA

View Full Version : Even Mickey Mouse likes Mags

Jay's_Folly
05-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Hello AO

I'm new to the forum but not to paintball. Just got around to joining in the last month or so. I started playing back in the late 80's and bought this mag back in the early 90's. I think the AIR serial number was #491 or something like that. I stopped playing when I was going to college (just couldn't afford it anymore) and it sat in my closet for about 9 years. I started back up about a year ago when our company had a paintball day at a field in Austin and got hooked again. I've been upgrading it since then. I finally went HP, got an xvalve, ult, and I just got the ule body and empire barrel kit Thursday. It's still got the stock rail and stock trigger frame. I played this morning and needless to say, I'm loving paintball again. Its not the fastest shooting gun on the field, but it shoots straight and provides me with hours of fun each weekend so I guess that's what really matters.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I hope to be around for a good long while.

http://home.satx.rr.com/jaysfolly/leftA.jpg

Even Mickey likes automags!

http://home.satx.rr.com/jaysfolly/mickeyA.jpg

Last last pic was kinda silly. Maybe someone should start a thread? Post pics of your gun with silly objects. Oh yeah, I can see that thread going downhill real fast. :rolleyes:

DWill
05-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Let me be one of the first to say welcome to AO and thats a sweet looking mag you got there :)

Carbon
05-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Welcome to AO dude!

SpecialBlend2786
05-22-2004, 07:46 PM
haha, awesome marker

What gas-thru is that? it looks great!

Jay's_Folly
05-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys. You know I have no idea what kind of gas through that is. I have a buddy here in San Antonio that works at local store and he just had it laying around his workshop and he stuck it on for me. Next time I see him I'll ask.

firebanex
05-22-2004, 08:03 PM
I think that is a gas thru off of a newer PMI piranha. thats what it looks likt to me.

The Spanish Inquisition
05-22-2004, 08:15 PM
looks great! very classy looking. clean.

barberjohn
05-22-2004, 08:16 PM
I think that is a gas thru off of a newer PMI piranha. thats what it looks likt to me.
thats exactly what i was thinking. it looks not too milled, but yet not too little, right in between. sort of goes with the monotany (sp?) that is the mag :D . oh, and welcome to ao!

68_Classic
05-22-2004, 08:22 PM
it is off a newer piranha my friend has a piranha and it has the same gas-thru grip.. and i have the same one on my mag works good.. nice mag

Jay's_Folly
05-22-2004, 08:24 PM
"The Monotony that is the mag" hehe, I like it. And thanks for the welcome. Its funny, down here in SA I think I've only seen 3 other mags in a year and a half. Everybody has these guns that looks like tubes stacked on top of tubes or big blocks of aluminum and here I am with this single skinny black tube with a hopper on top. Gotta love it.

ZapTheMad
05-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Sweet gun man! Welcome to AO!

coolcatpete
05-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Welcome man it is fun here. You should get a logic frame for your trigger frame they are very nice.
Pete

Jay's_Folly
05-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks 68, Zap and CoolCatPete. Yeah the trigger frame is probably going to be the next project. I really like logic frames. Some of the pics I've seen here look really sweet. I'm just torn between getting one of those now or just waiting on the hAIR trigger to see how those come out, which look like probably 6 months or so from everything I've been reading. Decisions, decisions......

WARPED1
05-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Get yourself a nice Intelliframe. Very nice mag!

Halliday
05-23-2004, 12:57 AM
I think black Mags are the best :cool:

gc82000
05-23-2004, 07:13 AM
Welcome to Ao.

68_Classic
05-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Get yourself a nice Intelliframe. Very nice mag!

i agree get urself a intelliframe those always look good on black mags..

RtDaNiMaL
05-23-2004, 10:10 AM
yes... i agree get yourself a nice intelli. they are really nice. you can also hook up an intelli feed (which cycles your hopper every time you shoot.)
I love my intelli, personaly i would never sell it. i was rating myself at 19 bps.
good uck with ur gun and welcome to AO!!!!

PzYcO
05-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Nice mag! Reminds me of my old one.. Only thing i can see that it needs is a gloss black rail and a new trigger frame, then your golden!

guysdaman
05-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Welcome to AO and back to the game!
I'm definately in agreement with the last few posts a black intelliframe would look uber fantastic on your setup! Plus with the advent of more and more triggerframe options you should be able to pick one up for fairly cheap in the for sale forums!

Keep ballin'
:D :D :D

mangomag
05-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Welcome to AO!
Yes, a intelliframe would go great with your new mag, but no rush though, there are plenty of options to choose from, such as a logic frame, intelli, and Y-grip! but before you buy anything, try them all out and see what you like the best, but with whatever you chose, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it! Enjoy! :D

Jay's_Folly
05-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate it.

I like the intelli frames also. The only thing that has kept me from just buying a logic frame is the 90 degree grip. I've been using a 45 for so long I'm just not sure if I could get used to it.

Paintballa44, you said your getting 19 bps. Is that with just a ult and an intelli frame? That's great. Since there aren't many mags down here, I haven't been able to shoot any kind of two finger trigger with a ult to see if I could walk it.

I will be moving up to Austin in the next month or so and I understand there is a pretty good representation of mags up there. I'll have to keep my eyes open so I can check out all the different setups.

Thanks for all the advise and I agree with you Halliday, black mags are the best. :D

AgentOrange 88
05-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Only thing that could make that look or perform any nicer is a black intelframe. Would add to the classy look of it.

Chronobreak
05-23-2004, 12:28 PM
yeah welcome to ao and ncie looking mag even with the single trigger...i think a y-grip or intelli would liven it up ALOT

Havoc_online
05-23-2004, 12:33 PM
I will be moving up to Austin in the next month or so and I understand there is a pretty good representation of mags up there. I'll have to keep my eyes open so I can check out all the different setups.

You Bet there is. We own this place :p If your sweet looking mag ever needs some work done to it, I can help you out.

to be honest, only a handful of AO'ers are from SA. Most are from Dallas/Ft.Worth/Houston/Austin area's. Welcome to AO, I'm sure you'll love it here.
:)

Jay's_Folly
05-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks guys. and thanks Havoc, its always nice to know a good mag guy. Joe at Black Market and I always just kind of fudge it when we work on mine. :rolleyes:

I saw on your site you'll be running the AGD booth at Bunkerfest in SA next weekend. Will you be there all 4 days? I'll drop by whichever day you'll be there and introduce myself. Looking forward to meeting you.

-=Squid=-
05-23-2004, 02:29 PM
yes... i agree get yourself a nice intelli. they are really nice. you can also hook up an intelli feed (which cycles your hopper every time you shoot.)
I love my intelli, personaly i would never sell it. i was rating myself at 19 bps.
good uck with ur gun and welcome to AO!!!!
Liar.