PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Problems :*(

Chojin Man
05-23-2004, 01:03 AM
The sear won't reset. When I hook the air up you can hear the sear click, but when I press the trigger the gun doesn't fire and the sear won't reset. Unless I unhook and then re-attach the air. I swaped the E-mag valve over to my mech setup, and it works fine. So I figure the problem lies somewhere in the solenoid, board or sear. Help me please!

Also if you know of anyone that I can send it into to get it back up and running by the 13th of June, that would be sweet. Hopefully someone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area... I have a tourney that day and really really need it to be working by then.

Thanks in advance for your help AO!

Havoc_online
05-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Send it to me. :)

Chojin Man
05-23-2004, 01:20 AM
You got PM!

68_Classic
05-23-2004, 09:57 AM
my brother had the same problem on his i think alls he did was tighten a screw on the frame by the trigger and wit worked fine

captain stabbin
05-23-2004, 10:18 AM
hey, im having the EXACT same problem as you- Does your E mag work in hybrid and mechanical modes though- My E mag has the same problem in E mode, but works flawlessly in hybrid mode and mechanical mode. I'm gathering some cash to send my gun out to Tunaman for a Tuna-up; hopefully he can fix it if i can't get it workin right.

Chojin Man
05-23-2004, 01:36 PM
No it won't even work in Mechanical mode its so weird. It's probably something dumb like a loose screw somewhere, but I have tried everything that I know of and I can't get it to work.

captain stabbin
05-23-2004, 01:50 PM
hmm- wow, ya i dont have an allen key to go through the hole in the trigger frame so i can tighten the main screw that holds the body down right in front of the trigger- so its kinda loose... i know i can tighten it more, i hope ha, so with any luck thats my problem.

logamus
05-23-2004, 10:45 PM
i have to admit, it was the darndest thing i have seen involving a mag.

nightmareS
05-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Dude send it to Havoc. He's the man. Tunaman could hook you up too

Fanatic
05-23-2004, 11:37 PM
1. clean the poop out of it(tear it apart)
2. check orings including on/off for tears/cracks or missing
3. lube the poop out of it
4. put together right....lol
4.5 if equiped whit LX...see manual...or online for adjustments

logamus
05-24-2004, 12:37 AM
1. clean the poop out of it(tear it apart)
2. check orings including on/off for tears/cracks or missing
3. lube the poop out of it
4. put together right....lol
4.5 if equiped whit LX...see manual...or online for adjustments

all of that and then some was done saturday about 78 times. :)

Chojin Man
05-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Ya I'm going to send it to Havoc tomorrow. Like I said the valve works fine on my other mech. setup(SS body, carbon fiber grip frame), but doesn't fire on the e-mag frame. I'm not really equiped to fix anything that goes wrong with the sear, solenoid, or board so off to Havoc it goes!

captain stabbin
05-24-2004, 06:43 AM
hey, let me know what the problem with it is, so i know which parts to purchase- otherwise i will have to send mine to tunaman or Havoc too. havoc's a good guy btw- awsome guy to send stuff too, super fast.

Havoc_online
05-27-2004, 04:59 PM
hey, let me know what the problem with it is, so i know which parts to purchase- otherwise i will have to send mine to tunaman or Havoc too. havoc's a good guy btw- awsome guy to send stuff too, super fast.

Recieved it Tuesday, Shipped Thursday. :)

The main problem was that his plunger rod was very long(so long that the sear could not release the bolt). Aside from other minor fixes and tweaks It's singing @ +/-2fps over the chrono. He has a sweet Emag.

Havoc_online
05-29-2004, 09:16 PM
You get it yet? :)

Lessthanusual
05-31-2004, 09:08 PM
The main problem was that his plunger rod was very long(so long that the sear could not release the bolt).

Just curious, what is a plunger rod? Would it also be known as a on/off pin?

Chojin Man
05-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Ya I'm pretty sure that would be the on/off pin. I often had a hard time getting the valve off of the marker b/c the pin would be snagging on the body/rail. It just never really clicked to me what the problem was. Thanks for fixing it Havoc. I haven't had time to test it out yet, but I'm sure it is GREAT!

Havoc_online
06-01-2004, 12:06 AM
the plunger rod is what the solenoid pulls down. its in the grip. the on/off pin is in the valve.

Lessthanusual
06-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Ahh, I see.

johnson88
05-19-2005, 05:33 PM
(i know this is a very old thread but i am uping this cuz it is a problem similar to mine)

Does anyone know how to adjust the plunger rod?