PDA

View Full Version : Installing ULT on classic or minimag

yakitori
05-23-2004, 03:30 AM
hi, I am new to mags. I have been reading up about the ULE trigger kit, and it says that it should be used w/ xvalves. I was wondering if it can be used on a minimag valve w/ lvl 10 installed to increase the ROF. or will it not function good on the classic/minimag valve.

if not, why?

RevBrown
05-23-2004, 03:55 AM
the ult just makes your trigger pull softer.

It can be used on a classic valve but is not recommended. Just read a little more on this issue
http://www.havoc-online.com/11668.html

yakitori
05-23-2004, 07:49 AM
thanks man.

BeaverEater
05-23-2004, 08:16 PM
ULT works fine on a classic valve. Heres a video one of my team mates made to show just that.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110976&highlight=bad+dog

scott

Chronobreak
05-23-2004, 08:41 PM
some people say ti works fine other may never get it working at all...my suggestion..oil it well and use about 5+ shims that should do it

Dryden
05-24-2004, 08:28 PM
some people say ti works fine other may never get it working at all...my suggestion..oil it well and use about 5+ shims that should do it5?!? Try about 12 to 14!! I've been tinkering with getting one running in a MiniMag valve with Level 10 and it's really hit-or-miss. On an AM/MM classic rail & sear, the length of the sear and the play in the trigger make all the difference. From what I've experienced and from reading all the posts here, it really looks like you need trigger stops to prevent bolt stick and get the sear to reset against the back of the trigger reliably.

The primary reason I think that the ULT is not recommended for the Classic valves is because the front half of the valve will hold about 300 psi of pressure behind the ULT. Even after degassing and disconnecting the hoses, the air is held behind the ULT. Be extremely careful if you try to set this up, particularly when you remove the valve to tune. There are several posts here already regarding people hit by their ULTs when field stripping the marker. If you slide the valve out slowly, with the bottom of the valve pointing away, you should hear a hiss when the ULT pops out against the rail and vents. I don't know if everyone is experiencing this, but I certainly am.

Chronobreak
05-24-2004, 08:33 PM
all those extra shim,s are holding alot of excess air in the chamber thats why its doing that

zacbot
05-25-2004, 07:19 AM
this weekend i took my mag to the tech at my field..he pulled out the valve and the on off popped up and bolt shot off of the powertube..and said what the hell is this..i explain to him what the ult was..and i couldnt get my velocity over 230 since i installed the new on/off..so we just put the old one in..so i lost 40 dollars.:-/.

yakitori
05-25-2004, 08:20 AM
thanks guys. Ive just decided to to the GO x valve thing w/ AGD. Im gonna trade my valve in for the x so I will be okay. I am going to put the ULT on the x valve and that will be fine and safe.

Thanks for the replies.

RevBrown
05-25-2004, 02:23 PM
You surely will not be dissappointed.
I put a ult and a intelli-frame with my x-valve on my classic. Unfortunatly I have outshot my hopper now. So now it's time to sink more money into the gun.