PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Lose At Tampa!!!!!!

Bolter
05-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Dynasty have just lost to Infamous (former Miami Effect NXL) at Tampa NPPL in the best out of three for 1st and 2nd!!! They lost two straight games!!

:eek:

shartley
05-23-2004, 03:39 PM
As the saying goes…..

…. on any given day….

I just hope everyone gave it their best and showed good sportsmanship no matter how they placed.

Bolter
05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
i think the dawgs came 3rd by the way.

.tMan
05-23-2004, 04:00 PM
So the machine breaks down

1stdeadeye
05-23-2004, 04:12 PM
So Miami Effect aka Infamous made a real big splash in Tampa.

This should be good for the NPPL. The same team winning all the time gets boring!

sbcomedic
05-23-2004, 04:16 PM
yes the dawgs came in third, and I agree w/ the other 2. Sad to see dynasty loose, but it was inevitable (if that's how it's spelled). But what happened to Maimi Effect? Did LaSoya and guys just leave or did the entire team completely fall apart and are now no more? Can anyone answer this question? :confused:

1stdeadeye
05-23-2004, 04:21 PM
yes the dawgs came in third, and I agree w/ the other 2. Sad to see dynasty loose, but it was inevitable (if that's how it's spelled). But what happened to Maimi Effect? Did LaSoya and guys just leave or did the entire team completely fall apart and are now no more? Can anyone answer this question? :confused:

Miami Effect left the NXL to play division 1 X-Ball, the NPPL, and the Millenium series. The franchise and name were purchased by Smart Parts. So they renamed the team Infamous.

teufelhunden
05-23-2004, 04:21 PM
I quite honestly am not suprised by this. I can't wait to see Infamous play D1... they're gonna mop up.

sbcomedic
05-23-2004, 04:25 PM
so if spart parts bought them out, are they still shooting timmies or a spart parts gun (shocker/impulse)?

1stdeadeye
05-23-2004, 04:27 PM
so if spart parts bought them out, are they still shooting timmies or a spart parts gun (shocker/impulse)?

No, Smart Parts bought the Franchise. Infamous is their own team. Smart Parts doesn't own them.

FreakBaller12
05-23-2004, 06:26 PM
what's the franchise?
Does that mean sp controls what tourny's they enter and such?

NoFearPaintballer
05-23-2004, 06:30 PM
FINNALLY! the dynasty; Dynasty has been shut out well this dont mean anything they lost some last year and they can easily come back and take it again!

gc82000
05-23-2004, 06:39 PM
sad!!!!!!!! I have some friends that are going to cry when i tell them this. I just won a case of paint. Thanks no fear

DiRTyBuNNy
05-23-2004, 06:48 PM
what's the franchise?
Does that mean sp controls what tourny's they enter and such?

You don't know how to listen, do ya? Smart Parts bought the name Miami Effect and also bought ME's spot in the NXL (also known as their franchise). The team (formerly known as Miami Effect) renamed themselves Team Infamous and are now playing for money rather than playing for some mythical National X-Ball Championship which pays nothing.

SP does not own the players who played under the name Miami Effect...they only own the rights to the name and it's spot in the NXL...thank you.

-=Squid=-
05-23-2004, 07:02 PM
You don't know how to listen, do ya? Smart Parts bought the name Miami Effect and also bought ME's spot in the NXL (also known as their franchise). The team (formerly known as Miami Effect) renamed themselves Team Infamous and are now playing for money rather than playing for some mythical National X-Ball Championship which pays nothing.

SP does not own the players who played under the name Miami Effect...they only own the rights to the name and it's spot in the NXL...thank you.
Clap Clap.

Finally, somebody else understands.

M-a-s-sDriver
05-23-2004, 07:02 PM
More importantly, he apparently does not know how to read.
Brent.

AGD
05-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Must be the guns Dynasty uses, everybody knows the gun makes the player...:)

AGD

RenagadeOfFunk
05-23-2004, 08:36 PM
...yes Tom it does... :eek: ... :D

...they can make them look like mags...but they can't make them mags... :cool:

x86assembly
05-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Must be the guns Dynasty uses, everybody knows the gun makes the player...:)

AGD

MaChu
05-23-2004, 08:42 PM
See what happens when you leave a good company like WDP and go with SP? What must come up, must come down, and apparently it did a head first faceplant into the ground.

UltimatePaintballer
05-23-2004, 08:45 PM
im glad they lost, its just like the yankee's and the world series. you just get sick of it after a while

robertjuric
05-23-2004, 08:50 PM

Ok, sorry about this, bu Im still confused. So SP bought the name, I got that. But SP and the former ME team have no relation?

Basically SP just bought an empty name and spot in the NXL to fill with a brand new set of players?? Which makes it kind of like the NFL, where now SP controls whoever plays for ME?

Curly
05-23-2004, 08:59 PM
That is correct, except there are no players for ME anymore. SP will most likely bring in another team to become their 3rd? nxl team. The former ME players are playing for infamous.

1stdeadeye
05-23-2004, 09:04 PM
See what happens when you leave a good company like WDP and go with SP? What must come up, must come down, and apparently it did a head first faceplant into the ground.

2nd place is not a faceplant guys. Remember they came in 3rd last year in Chicago. Yes it is nice to see someone else win for a change, but to write Dynasty off now is just stupid.

Curly
05-23-2004, 09:08 PM
2nd place is not a faceplant guys. Remember they came in 3rd last year in Chicago. Yes it is nice to see someone else win for a change, but to write Dynasty off now is just stupid.

I agree with you 100%, you cant blame it on their gun sponsor either, that has nothing to do with it.

Torbo
05-23-2004, 09:20 PM
this says something interasting about the level of competition that the NXL provides....miami effect took third last season, but they just mopped the floor with everyone at tampa. Nothing against dynasty, i think its cool. Hopefully this will turn into a very cool season.

See what happens when you leave a good company like WDP and go with SP?

hate to break it to ya...thats business and life. Shockers are every bit as good as angels. And even more importantly, theyre getting tons of money for it. Why do you think tippmann effect uses tippmanns? for fun? because theyre better than everything else? No. Because its financially benificial.

bleachit
05-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Sad to see dynasty loose

No its not.

WARPED1
05-23-2004, 10:05 PM

SP does not own the players who played under the name Miami Effect...they only own the rights to the name and it's spot in the NXL...thank you.Eggzactly! DB b smart!

coolcatpete
05-23-2004, 10:06 PM
I am glad someone stuck it to them.
Pete

logamus
05-23-2004, 10:27 PM
right-o, if they failed to make the finals that would be closer to a faceplant but second place is nothing to sneeze at.

SpecialBlend2786
05-24-2004, 04:42 AM
haha, just goes to show that even the best can lose :)

Bolter
05-24-2004, 08:45 AM
SpecialBlend2786 haha, just goes to show that even the best can lose

erm no...they didn't lose, they came 2nd.

Apparently they got owned completely in the best out of three for 1st and 2nd.

Furby
05-24-2004, 10:11 AM
They got destroyed.

Both games were over relatively quickly...the got outshot, mostly...Shockers are very fast guns, but if you don't choose to use that firepower, then it's possible to get put down by someone with an equally fast gun (Intimidators) who's willing to use it as such...LaSoya was playing center front and carrying 8 pods...and using them all.

The looks on Dynasty's face after the second game ended were priceless...abject shock. They're human, and they do lose from time to time, but this was a buttraping of epic proportions...

Having said that, I don't think they're down for the count. They're exquisitely skilled players, and they'll adjust their style. That's why they're pros and we're n00bs in comparision. .

sbcomedic
05-24-2004, 11:37 AM
for me, it is sad to see dynasty loose, i know and have played w/ a couple of them. But remember what happened last year in france????? ME and a few other NXL teams played that part of the Millenuim series and Dynasty still won that event (and the whole series for a record 3 years in a row ;) ) The fact that Dynasty only took second in this event means NOTHING except that it makes the series more interesting and we are just going to have to watch the points race until the cup

tony3
05-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Someone said it on PBN and they are dead right. Miami effect has awesome running and gunning skills over dynasty. It is a skill that is very much needed in xball, and they brought it over to super 7. I have no doubt in my mind that most of the NXL teams are better then dynasty. They have been playing harder teams for a longer time, while dynasty's only real competition has been naughty dogs.

RenagadeOfFunk
05-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Someone said it on PBN and they are dead right. Miami effect has awesome running and gunning skills over dynasty. It is a skill that is very much needed in xball, and they brought it over to super 7. I have no doubt in my mind that most of the NXL teams are better then dynasty. They have been playing harder teams for a longer time, while dynasty's only real competition has been naughty dogs.

...just wait till i get out there...

....me v.s. the world :cool:

... :eek:

magman#1
05-24-2004, 10:47 PM
I think that the amazing success that dynasty has had will be their demise. Dynasty has made it possible for pro-paintball to be a thing taken seriously, nooone for the past couple of years has taken it seriously, and now that people are stepping up to the plate dynasty is going to have some competition. When there aren't many teams that get to play everyday sure they can win everytime, but as more and more teams are getting to the level of dynasty i think we aren't going to see the 1st place columns filled with dynasty anymore.

NoFearPaintballer
05-24-2004, 10:54 PM
this was only one tournament theres more to come and anytime dynasty can come back but im happy infamous took out dynasty but people it was only one tournament and didnt dynasty win at Huntington beach (thats what i think correct me if im wrong)

Curly
05-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah, dynasty rolled lanche at HB for the first place win.

SoccerPaintball3
05-25-2004, 01:21 PM
its bout time that the mighty dynsty lost, they should have never switched to smart parts.

athomas
05-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Its just like every other professional sport. Even the best teams never win everything all the time. And they are one of the best teams, probably "the best" pro team (not NXL) until proven otherwise once the season is over and reflected back on. Infamous is also one of the best and possibly "the best" team, but not until at least part of a season has passed to prove it.

Its going to be an exciting year. Its all good for the sport.

malicious
05-25-2004, 03:44 PM
its bout time that the mighty dynsty lost, they should have never switched to smart parts.

but remember u cant blame it on smart parts really cuz they lost some with WDP guns as well ;)

NoFearPaintballer
05-25-2004, 06:46 PM
you people are acting like dynasty lost the whole season! its only 2nd place! they can easily com eback and smack infamous around. and How come you guys didnt react so much when dynasty lost last year? they lost like 2 times! Not that big of a deal!

*******i do not like dynasty myself*******

Clare
05-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Those were some exciting games to watch! Dynasty will just have to work harder for the next ones since In'yourface'amous has finally stepped up the competition.

SpecialBlend2786
05-26-2004, 03:08 AM
erm no...they didn't lose, they came 2nd.

Apparently they got owned completely in the best out of three for 1st and 2nd.

erm yes...they did lose. if they had won, they wouldn't have came in 2nd would they? :rolleyes:

Crime Dog
05-26-2004, 06:57 AM
Glad to hear there's actual competition at the top levels, and it's not just all one team. I agree with whoever said "that would get boring." I'm not a fan of any one team, but am glad to see other teams stepping up their game and taking it to the team that has dominated for so long.

(Kinda like when the Yankees lose. Glad to see competition.)

05-26-2004, 04:51 PM
People should stop being morons and saying its because dynasty switched to smart parts that they lost. It has nothing to do with that at all. They were simply out played.

JimmyBeam
05-26-2004, 04:54 PM
have they said anything about thier shockers and how they performed? were they happy with them?