PDA

View Full Version : BushMaster or Impulse?

GeNeRiCbRaNd
10-08-2001, 09:05 PM
I can't decide to get a bushmaster or an impulse.Which one should i get?Is the Bushmaster more accurate and faster than an Impulse?

TamaPlaya
10-08-2001, 09:30 PM
Bushy, all the way. Bushy's hav a faster ROF, and I've shot one, with the trigger tricked out to .5mm of trigger pull.. just "drumroll" your index, middle and ring finger on the side of the trigger and it fires each time... That, along with a 12v. or 18v. revvy, and you could be pumping out close to 16bps, without using auto. More accurate.. with the stock barrels, I think the Impluse takes the cake, but the Bushy is quiet accurate itself. With a new barrel, and good paint/barrel match, and a few other mods. The Bushy will be shooting like a dream. My vote, Bushy all the way.

Btw, shockers have been known to have a hard time keeping in time, and stuff. And it seems I heard a few storys of the Impy. having the same problem.

MajorDamage
10-08-2001, 11:17 PM
IMPY!

ENDO!

Jonneh
10-09-2001, 05:21 AM
Impulse! they look sexy, run at low pressure and make an arousing 'put' noise when you shoot them

I'm supposed to be saving up for one right now!

mykroft
10-09-2001, 02:44 PM
Bushy all the way. The Impy is a nice little gun, but by the time you have it tricked to compare to a Bushy, you could have bought a Sonic Bushy and added a Chaos chip and ACE. The Bush is fast, has a great trigger, and is very reliable. The Impy is almost as fast, has a crappy stock trigger (easily fixable by sending $20 to Eclipse for a Blade) and is almost as reliable, also in stock form the Bushy is far more efficient (Impy needs much adjusting to be as efficient, as out-of-box they are gas pigs due to timing, looooong dwell time & low pressure).

Also the Bushy has the option of an LCD and 'Cocker threading, the first being a nice toy, the second being a smart idea for the future.

SIGSays
10-09-2001, 03:08 PM
it's all personal preference, but i like the impy

FeelTheRT
10-09-2001, 03:31 PM
Between those two, the Impulse is faster: 14bps opose to 13bps not that makes much of a difference...

But I see many aspacts where the Impulse has the upper hand. They come with a SP Boss Prog barrel that's .689 and can also come wiht a Shocker depending on what Impulse. It also has a Max Flow reg which is very very consistant and can run on CO2 extremely well. The LP reduces ball breaks and is amazingly very efficant on air.

The only thing that could be imporved on the Impulse is the trigger. The stock trigger is awfully long for an electro, but a $30 Wermstick or Blade trigger will solve that problem.

DarkPhoenix
10-09-2001, 05:09 PM
I like the impulse better, though it might just be the conditions of the markers that I have tried. They both look very nice, though I like the more compact package of the Bushmaster.

BluVision
10-09-2001, 05:55 PM
Go with the impulse. It is a lot faster rof and the max-flo and the progressive which is not too bad espically for a stock barrel plus they run extremly well on co2. You can buy one from any where with the Vision System (smart parts ace that is truely adjustable) or now the come vision ready where you can have the vision eye added one for about $150-$200 if u decide you want one after you buy it. The Vision Impulse is the way to go if u can get about $600 and i would suggest you getting if from www.e-paintballoutlet.com cause the have prices that cant be beat, will customise your order for u, and have excellent customer service.

Nitroduck
10-09-2001, 07:12 PM
No contest, bushmaster rules imps.

Why? ICD has made vast improvments to the Bushmaster, Smart Parts has done squat for stock models.

Yes, imp does have 1bps faster, but the Bushmaster has a superior trigger SYSTEM. It has 2 set screws versus 1, which you can set the actuation and total pull, why have a fast gun when the trigger will never get you there?

ICDs warranty/tech support is better.....I can give em a call about a part that needs replaced, and they'll send it out, no questions asked, plus at Zap they were servicing Bushmasters, SP had no techs to my knowledge.

Price? Imp runs around $400-$430 for stock models, Bm2ks are about $50-$100 more depending where you get it.

However, you get much much more with the Bm2k...

8 modes of fire versus 1 (Turbo, Auto Responce, Ramp, 2rd , 3rd, , 6rd, FA and semi)

FREE ano and milling, when was the last time SP offered 3 choices of milling, and 7 colors of ano FREE?

Front grip (shell out $50 for one on a Imp)

Yes, you can use Co2 on a Imp, but its kind of a tradeoff, you cant use N2 as easy on a imp, you'd need a verticle regulator and a drop forward with on/off......Thats about $100 there......

ICD also has a new barrel on thier Bushmasters, I've shot 2 of them, I must say its just as good as the Smart Parts progressive, it is insanely quiet and accurate.

Also, there are many more upgrades for the Bushmaster....

ACEs, Chaos Boards, Feed tubes, Valves, Bolts, Triggers, Trigger Frames, Regs, LPRs, everything in the gun (except for solenoids) can be changed/enhanced....Even the ram..

Plus, with ICD, you can order a Bushmaster off them, and request all kinds of extra stuff SP would never think about. Like......ICD offers Cocker threading , ANY kind of ano available at very good deals and will gladly modify the gun BEFORE you get it, I have been able to send stuff to them (like different trigger springs) and have them put em in....The cost? FREE. I've also seen ICD put newer internals in guns when they weren't even needed, they just put em in to give the gun the edge over the older model the person had.

Also....Gas efficency....A teammate of mine gets 1200 shots per 68/3k fill...All he has done to it is put a new barrel on his...And BTW, Bm2ks run LP as well, they do 220-250 stock and can run as low as 160 with a new $38 valve :)

With all thoes nice things, why would you NOT want it? ;)

InfinatyBPS
10-09-2001, 10:53 PM
Get a new trigger and a forgrip and your set, they work good on co2 and look much nicer than bushys IMO.

BluVision
10-10-2001, 06:09 AM
Hey nitroduck if you order a gun from smart parts they can customise it about anyway you want it so dont start with that and a 8 firing mode board is a piece of **** cause you cant use it in a tourney so you would haft to buy a semi only board which would be another $50-100 and the regs on bushmasters are pieces of crap

mykroft
10-10-2001, 10:46 AM
The firing modes bit is pointless, full-speedsemi is the only mode that counts.

LP wise, the Impy is only about 50psi lower than the Bush, both will chop, both can get an eye. Having shot both the Progressive and ICD barrels, the ICD stock barrel may be ugly, but it's way more consistent, Progressive is a POS.

Speed wise, well, I've yet to see the Impy that can be shot at 14bps in stock form, the gun may be capable, but it's crippled by a horrible trigger, the Bushy is very easy to shoot at full speed. Also Chaos chips are like $50 and go to 18bps.

The Impy can run CO2 and has a Max-Flow, the Bushy is way more efficient out-of-box, and will run fine off a preset, Impy needs an on/off before thevalve or you may blow the guts out of it.

Bush is way more upgradeable right now, with the Sonic/Red upgrades from MacDev, and Eclipse doing good work (The Vapor stuff is poo), the Impy trigger can be upgraded, so can the reg mount, and IIRC the bolt too, trigger is a must.

They're both good guns. Out of the box, the Bush is better, with a little extra cash they both will school any Angel out there.

DjGruv
10-10-2001, 11:41 AM
Bushy :cool:

Nitroduck
10-10-2001, 12:10 PM
Blue - Hey, its something Imps dont come with. Last time I checked, when SP made the turbo imps, they ran for $530. Yes, you can only use one mode in MOST tourneys, however, there are times to where you can use turbo board. With the way ICD is, Im sure they'll send you a semi-only if you wanted.

And like I said, ICD rarely charges for stuff like the ano/milling options, smart parts does. Look at thier 32* Impusesl (BTW, SP makes them, they just distribute them through NPS). They are $675 and you get.....? A verticle regulator, 1 color ano and some milling. Thats the closest thing to a STOCK bushmaster, for $75 less, you can just go out and buy a Bm2k w/ LCD (something that Imps dont even have)

BluVision
10-10-2001, 03:11 PM
U can get a 32* vision from shop4paintball for $725 . Also are you kidding me icd does not charge for milling and color it is added into the price so i do not know what you are thinking and if you want a black bushmaster you are getting screwed over cause you are paying for a color one.

skipdogg
10-10-2001, 03:18 PM
IMO

PaInTbALL zAcH
10-10-2001, 03:45 PM
get an impy. If u put on an eclipse blade trigger and use antisiphon then they rock. my friend put a jackhammer cocker reg on the front and now it runs at like 70 psi. it has such a lite pull and i think theyre cheaper or almost the same??? Oh well impulses rock

Nitroduck
10-10-2001, 06:48 PM
When you put a rock reg on a imp or bm2k , all you're doing is improving the LPR and making it ajustable. The same can be done with a stock bm2k , with about 10 mins of work on LPR you can make the bolt cycle at 60-70PSI.